I Love Greasy Chinese Food

Mid-morning I was super hungry and knew a handful of cereal wasn’t going to cut it. So, I made a super thick protein shake with some frozen spinach thrown in for greenage.

IMG 9365 thumb I Love Greasy Chinese Food

Then, I headed to my mom’s so my brother’s girlfriend could cut my hair. Someone said Matt seemed a little young to have a GF (he’s 10). I have another brother that is 23 – it is his GF wlEmoticon smile3 I Love Greasy Chinese Food

But, she was busy until 2pm so I kept myself busy with comida. This is spaghetti squash with a hummus and nut yeast sauce, topped with cheese. Chobs on the side. IMG 9370 thumb I Love Greasy Chinese FoodOh, since someone is going to call me out on it like I’m a tonta – my biggest concern is giving up sweets like cookies, candy, cake, ice cream. I am also going to try and keep it to 6 grams of sugar per serving for other things besides yogurt. It really is the #1 way I get protein after those shakes.

RIP Vitatops wlEmoticon sadsmile I Love Greasy Chinese Food I had to give these to my mom for fear of eating all of them tonight in a crazy binge of mourning all things sugar.

IMG 9371 thumb I Love Greasy Chinese Food

And since I still had some time to kill before Heather could cut my hairs, I got my nails done.

IMG 9374 thumb I Love Greasy Chinese Food

Not-so-fun-fact: I have the most man-ly hands of any vagine owner you will ever meet. Man-ish all the way.

IMG 9376 thumb I Love Greasy Chinese Food

Not-so-fun-fact #2: I have NO patience. For anything. Including letting my nails dry. This happens every.single.time.

IMG 9377 thumb I Love Greasy Chinese Food

And it happened to 2 different fingers.

Nail Fail.

IMG 9378 thumb I Love Greasy Chinese Food

Then I finally got my shaggy dog bangs trimmed a bit. I haven’t been able to see for weeks before this. Sorry fellow SoCal drivers.

Before: IMG 8373 thumb I Love Greasy Chinese Food

After: It’s subtle, but what I wanted wlEmoticon smile3 I Love Greasy Chinese Food

IMG 9384 thumb I Love Greasy Chinese Foodlookin like an acid casualty I Love Greasy Chinese Food
www.nataliedee.com

I also got rid of some of those split ends from the back. Now if only the rest my unwanted “backage” could be removed that easy.

IMG 8074 thumb I Love Greasy Chinese Food

Greasy Chinese! I don’t know if it was my bi-polar belly talking or what, but I was determined to have greasy Chinese food for dinner. There is a place I’ve been going to for years and years near my mom’s. I hit it up on the way home.

Ben and I have recently started to share the 3 item combo as to make a tiny effort to avoid complete obesity by the time we’re 30. I’ll let you know how it works out.

IMG 9387 thumb I Love Greasy Chinese Food

I think the combination of this being a place I’ve been going to since I was a kid and my long existing love of all Asian foods, but Chinese take-out is my comfort food.

my foood pyramid I Love Greasy Chinese Food

Is that random?

Comments

I have been craving greasy chinese all week too! For some reason my PMS has decided that’s what it wants. I haven’t caved yet though. I am attempting a healthy and homemade version of sweet and sour chicken tomorrow to see if it can satisfy my craving. If not, I know what I’m having some this weekend!

PS just started lurking at your blog. Love it!

2. Jen says

I’m trying to cut out sugar, too. It is so hard! I keep hearing that if you increase protein consumption you will have less cravings, but I’m skeptical:)
    Your smoothies look so creamy! Mine are always icy and/or watery. Tips?

I have been increasing my protein since Jan 1st and my sugar cravings have not gone down at all, so yeah, I don’t think that is true for me.

Do you use protein powder in your smoothies? I think that really helps with the icy-ness. I use a lot of ice and frozen spinach so they’re super thick too.

Yeah, I am in the initial stage of trying to cut back on sugar. Like I said above, my first goal really is sweets (cookies, cake, ice cream, candy…) and to cut back on things blatantly sweetened like cereals and breads.

I LOVE YOUR HAIR!! the length, the colour…gorgeous! glad you can see again!
    so with you on the nail smudging – i do it every single time, too – and due to little patience. i never ever wait long enough.
    i got fake nails applied for the first time three weeks ago – this is the way to go! they’re strong as iron, and the colour STAYS…just note that i can’t type worth diddly any more!

4. Kristen says

Your hilarious! Love this post!

And completely random butttt, I ordered Intuitive Eating via Amazon a few weeks ago and it’s really helped. Thank you to opening my eyes to a wonderful new way of approaching food!

(No really, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!)

This is completely random, but I wear my wedding ring on the other side of my engagement ring because I was told that’s how it should be. Was someone messing with me, or are you a rebel?

i have manly hands too..scars, scratches burns, you name it. i also have no patience and always mess up my mani’s too. haha!!!! bangs trimmed? girl, ive been so lazy with mine they grew three inches and i cant see for squat. gotta fix it ASAP!

I am totally with you on the nails! I ruin mine. Every. Time. Nail fail. LOL. Love it. I’ve just started stalking you. Hope you don’t mind!

8. Tawny says

Chinese food is always what I want when I am sick, a big bowl of Lo Mein and I instantly feel better!

Greasy Chinese is kind of my comfort food too. My family has a favorite place we ALWAYS got take out from! When I was little I told my mom I was going to make her lunch, and then I picked up a toy phone and said “hello? Chinese people?”

Is that bad?

mwahaha, my hands look exactly the same as yours! no long graceful fingers for this girl either. i’ve never loved them, but i never called them man hands before! now i will…

the bangs look great, by the way!

11. Ellen says

We have the same wedding band! I’ve never seen anyone else with one similar. Too cool! I really like your engagement ring too. I wear them in the same order as you do. I thought you were supposed to wear your wedding band on the outside to protect your engagement ring, but maybe its the other way around now that I think of it…

I have never heard of anyone having a band like mine!!! Very cool :)
      I wear my engagement and wedding band in the “wrong” order. I never intended to wear the band actually, so that’s just how it is.