Travel Tuesday

I’ve mentioned this before but, Ben and I don’t exchange presents. Since the day we met we’ve talked about all the places we want to travel, so we go on trips instead of gifts. Seriously I think the only legit present he’s ever gotten me was my engagement ring! (I’m glad he made an exception to the rule for that one!)

I have always had the “travel bug” and one trip makes me want to go on another and another…CR3 thumb Travel Tuesday

My favorite posts to read and write are travel posts! I love traveling, reading about it, dreaming about it…CR4 thumb Travel Tuesday

Unfortunately my all time favorite trip was to Costa Rica and we went about 4 months before I started Run Eat Repeat. Boo, huh. CR5 thumb Travel TuesdayCR7 thumb Travel TuesdayCR6 thumb Travel TuesdayCR10 thumb Travel Tuesday

I bring it up because I tweeted about wanting to travel and someone instantly suggest Costa Rica not knowing I had already been there. I feel like everyone who goes there falls in love with it <3

Yes, this is a real picture we took. CR14 thumb Travel Tuesday

Right now we’re not in a monetary situation to go on an international trip, but it doesn’t stop me from dreaming about it. I would love to hit up Italy or Panama this summer wlEmoticon smile24 Travel Tuesday

At least I have a few state hopping trips planned for the summer!

Lunch was not nearly as exciting as traveling, but was noteworthy because it contained copious amounts of guacamole. When I realized the guac I took out of the freezer this morning was already thawed (it’s warm today!) I immediately dug in with some triscuits. Then, I realized I should make a “real” lunch.

Lots O’ Green for St.Patrick’s Day, Right?! IMG 0184 thumb Travel Tuesday

I served it up with carrots and sweet peppers.

IMG 0185 thumb Travel Tuesday

Some of my favorite travel posts are in my Favorites Tab here.

I am particularly fond of my

Honeymoon posts to Belize and visit to Guatemala

and getting stung by a Jelly Fish in Curacao this summer

Did you blog about an amazing vacation?

Share the link to your favorite post in the comments so I can live vicariously wlEmoticon smile24 Travel Tuesday

Comments

Wow…Costa Rica looks absolutely gorgeous! Did you do the zipline through the rainforest? I would love to go there sometime soon! My boyfriend and I haven’t been on an international trip since 2007, but last year we went to Pacific Grove–a really cute town near Monterey–for spring break: http://gavigetsgoing.wordpress.com/2010/04/04/spring-break-10-americas-last-hometown/. It was a wonderful trip and we both had a blast. Happy thoughts of travel! :)

Sigh. I haven’t done much traveling at all. It’s something I truly regret. My husband and I never had a honeymoon, but we did live in Hawaii for three years, which was lovely. But it wasn’t all a vacation. It seems like all of our ‘vacations’ (I use that term loosely) revolve around moving (we’re an Army family) or visiting our parents in Florida. And if there is anything I know for sure, it’s that visiting family is NEVER a vacation!

Someday we’ll go on a great, blogworthy trip.

After deployment number three is complete (in July 2012), perhaps?

I want to go some place tropical real bad but my number one vacation dream is to drive cross country in an RV. So jealous of your road trip!

4. Jenni says

I LOVED Costa Rica! I went with a volunteer program and lived with my very own Costa Rican momma for three weeks-amazing food, people, everything! And I got to hold a monkey :-)

I have a travel page on my blog and whenever I start dreaming about traveling again, I look at the pictures to get me motivated to plan another trip.

Come to my wedding in Puerto Vallarta and you can travel on Memorial Day weekend :) Food is on me, on my wedding day…all you can eat and drink!! lol

I was in LA for two weeks this January, and it was one of the best ‘vacations’ I’ve ever had! My friend and I were house-sitting for her parents, so I just worked from home and ran along the beach and ate at vegetarian restaurants the entire time. Bliss!

Oh, I want to go to Italy so bad! We were actually very close to booking it last year but then decided to build a house. Italy didn’t happen but we did book Napa this year! Just as good. :)

haha, this is perfect timing, monica!
    i spent last week in aruba, and my blog post today contains a link to all the blog posts of the trip (watch out, i blogged twice a day!)
    a honeymoon in belize sounds very intriguing! i hope you get to do more traveling very soon – or, at least you can look forward to your summer plans!

Travel has been a big topic for us this week! My fiancée is traveling to Germany in May and I thought about going with him just to cut the costs and take advantage of the trip. But it turns out we would not be able to spend any time together and I’d be alone most of the trip. So instead of spending a few grand to hang out by myself, I’m going to put that money towards our wedding and our honeymoon. I hope we can plan lots of fun trips together! Your pictures are beautiful. Picking our honeymoon location is a top priority!

Traveling internationally has always been a big dream of mine and I hope someday in the future I will have enough funds to see the outer reaches of the world! I think some of the best times in my life and the fondest of memories have been made while traveling. This past summer I took my first trip to New York City and fell in love with it! Now I can’t wait to go back.

I have only been on a couple of noteworthy trips, one was over a decade ago, so definitely no blogging about that. But when I went to Vegas last summer I did blog about the insane amount of food I ate getting my “money’s worth” at the buffet in our hotel. ;)

i was ON vacation when you posted this, hence the delayed comment :) The posts recapping our awesome trip (and eats!) to Nashville, Charleston, and Asheville will be up Wed and Thurs on my blog…so you can live vicariously then!

In the meantime, here are a few past trips:
    Arizona: http://www.thesweetslife.com/2010/03/quickie-arizona-recap.html
    San Diego: http://www.thesweetslife.com/2010/08/san-diego-eats.html
    Maine & Boston: http://www.thesweetslife.com/2010/09/maine-boston-foodie-recap.html