Carob Chips are not Chocolate Chips

Hello! I majorly failed at yoga today – but not in class because I never made it wlEmoticon sadsmile2 Carob Chips are not Chocolate Chips I was super proud of myself for getting there early – that never happens! But it turns out I was extremely early because I got the time of the class wrong. Fail. I didn’t want to sit and wait an hour, so I opted to run an errand and go home for a long walk and stretching. Now I have to get to class Friday for sure!IMG 8699 thumb Carob Chips are not Chocolate Chips

By the time I got home I was Starvin’ Marvin! The entire walk I was thinking about lunch. Tomato soup sounded amazing.IMG 8733 533x800 thumb Carob Chips are not Chocolate Chips

Maybe it’s because it’s “soup weather”, but I have been dreaming about tomato soup! What? 63 degrees is definitely soup weather around here!image thumb4 Carob Chips are not Chocolate Chips

I topped it with a few handfuls of cheddar soy chips…

IMG 8720 800x533 thumb Carob Chips are not Chocolate Chips

and served it up with leftover roasted broccoli and very cheesy bread!

IMG 8729 800x533 thumb Carob Chips are not Chocolate Chips

Lunch dessert is back in full force! I tried this new-to-me find – carob chips today.

IMG 8732 800x533 thumb Carob Chips are not Chocolate Chips

Melted on top of Cinnamon Raisin PB. It was just okay. It’s not chocolate chips.

IMG 8738 800x533 thumb Carob Chips are not Chocolate Chips

Question: What is soup weather to you?

I am big on salads in warm weather and soup when it’s cold like today wlEmoticon smile10 Carob Chips are not Chocolate Chips

Comments

1. Jen G. says

I used to be allergic to chocolate (yeah, I know), so carob was my substitute. (And yes, I’m glad that I outgrew that allergy.) Carob’s definitely not the same, but sweetened carob chips probably wouldn’t be as bad as unsweetened.

Ohh I would totally make the same mistake re yoga myself! :P

it gets pretty cold here during the winter so I’m all about stews, casseroles, and healthy pot pie type stuff. In fact I’m posting my healthy pot pie recipe this week! :)

come summer I love grilled seafood and veggies on top of raw salads. Smoothies too! :)

3. Lauren says

63 is hot!!!! at least when you’ve experienced minnesota/wisconsin winter for the past 6 months it is! i usually don’t buy soup since for some reason every kind i try always ends up tasting the same…and i get uncomfortably full from it lol i have some sort of lentil soup once tho and it was amazing. egg drop and homemade chicken noodle soups are yummy too!

soup weather is below freezing! i hope i move somewhere where soup weather is in the 60s! it’s been in the 50s here and i’ve been sooooooo happy with that hahah!

I used to get these yummy carob bars back in Canada, they tasted like “Eat More” chocolate bars…I am honestly not sure if those are Canadian only, but they were yummy! I think the sweetened ones are better, also! I just ordered some gluten free chips and am hoping they are okay…I love adding a teaspoon of them to my oats or tofu pudding!

I tend to not like soup. But rainy cold weather it chili weather. I don’t like chili to be watery though, it has to be relatively thick. Soup..? Eh. Something to dunk my sandwich in maybe xP but really I tend not to like soup because it almost always causes an unsettled stomach for me. Canned homemade or..whatever else is in the middle, lol.

7. Michelle says

I live in Boston so 63 is shorts weather! :) Also, if it makes you feel better I was a whole week early to my doctors appointment today!

I have a friend who swears by that soup! When I live by a Trader Joe’s someday I am going to try it.
    I hate when you think that something starts at a certain time but really you have it all wrong. I went a whole day early to one of my kid’s dr’s apt. They looked at me like I was dumb, and I felt dumb!
    I hope the Friday class works out for you! I am sure you won’t forget this time:)

9. Catherine says

Soup weather is when the snow flies! When it hits the 60′s we break out the flip-flops and look forward to the spring farmer’s markets. Got to love Michigan!

Soup weather in Michigan? More around 30 or below, or it’s snowy :) I wish I considered 63 chilly. I love egg salad sandwiches and watermelon in the summer :)

11. Jill says

Any weather is soup weather! Soup is the best. I could live on soup, especially with a side (or three) of that good-looking cheesy bread.
    Carob is good too. In fact, too good for me to be able to keep it in the house. Like chocolate, it just kind of evaporates until it’s all gone.