No Run Yes Yoga

I sprung out of bed this morning, but it looks like the rest of the gang felt like sleeping in…

IMG 8701 800x533 thumb No Run Yes Yoga

I don’t think Vegas was happy that I woke him up earlier than noon. He reminded me that a growing cat needs 22 hours of sleep a day wlEmoticon winkingsmile6 No Run Yes Yoga

IMG 8704 800x533 thumb No Run Yes Yoga

No run for me this morning because I am going to hit up yoga. I bought a package of classes in January and the studio called and emailed me to tell me they are about to expire!

Guess I’ve been avoiding it. Oops.

Truthfully, I avoid yoga because I’m not really good at it and it makes me frustrated. But, I really need to work on stretching so I’ll give another Level 1 class a shot and just try to enjoy it.

No run meant time to sit and enjoy breakfast at a leisurely pace. I had time to cook, but all I wanted was cereal.IMG 8709 800x533 thumb No Run Yes Yoga

And iced coffee of course wlEmoticon smile9 No Run Yes Yoga

IMG 8713 800x533 thumb No Run Yes Yoga

Cereal doesn’t keep me as full as toast with nut butter or eggs, so I served it up with a big scoop of PB. Hope it keeps me full through yoga!

IMG 8716 800x533 thumb No Run Yes Yoga

See ya later!

Comments

I’m no good at yoga either and avoid it, too–but I read a good book called Poser which reminded me, among other things, that everyone else is too focused on themselves to care about how you are or are not doing a pose!

2. Christina says

I used to feel the same way about yoga. I was ‘bad’ at it because I’m not very flexible and would be frustrated with myself thoughout the class – not exactly the peaceful yoga practice I was looking for. The trick is going at YOUR pace AND accepting where you are. Have fun, and remember, it’s just a yoga class :)

I love yoga – when I do it regularly. Getting over that first hump is the worst, though. All I can think about is how NOT flexible I’ve gotten and I get annoyed, and then I don’t want to go back, so I get tighter… It’s a vicious cycle!

I recently got into yoga, especially yoga for runners. It can be fustrating when you can’t do a move properly, but eventually you relax and get the hang of it.

Man I feel the same way about Yoga, I haven’t ever taken a class, but I bought Jillian Michaels Yoga dvd hoping to try it out and I just feel silly and can’t get the hang of it. I really need to buy a beginners dvd or just have some patience and try to learn the moves, but that hasn’t happened yet. Hope your Yoga class was good!

I think taking a Level 1 class is more helpful than a DVD because the instructor is right in front of you, showing you how to do it. Beginner classes are really easy, I’m just too ADD to go often.

6. Jill says

So, how did the yoga class go? A friend from Snail’s Pace persuaded me to try a yoga class, when I was tight, sore and hurting. I wasn’t keen on trying to be a pretzel, in a room full of tree-hugger types. Fast forward a couple of years to right now. I love my classes, and the people in them. And, by the way, they aren’t tree-huggy or any other stereotype. You can’t be ‘bad’ at yoga since it’s not a competitive sport. (It does help if you close your eyes, so you can’t compare yourself with others. No peeking though).

The benefits are worth a little frustration at first. Easy for me to say, right?!Just enjoy yourself and get a good stretch :)

Gotta love a good yoga workout…always nice to switch things up! I cannot wait to start teaching yoga again, I love to push myself in order to get the students motivated and eager to push themselves! The best experience was when I held a Yoga Beach Retreat here in Okinawa! Great times, nothing like yoga on the beach while living on a tropical island!

9. Ella says

Awwww Vegas! He looks so sweet lying on the bed in that little cone. My heart is melting a bit. He’s a pretty kitty.

I love yoga when I’ve been doing regularly…too bad I haven’t done that in years! And I HAVE to take a class, if I try and do it to a DVD my mind wanders and I find myself zoning out just watching instead of actually doing anything, lol.