Sink Stir-fry

I managed to get an emergency appointment at the dentist and I will be getting a root canal on Saturday wlEmoticon sadsmile8 Sink Stir fry I don’t know what will hurt more the actual procedure or the $950 price tag. Ouch.

I couldn’t do the root canal today because I need to be on antibiotics for a couple of days first. I went to fill my prescription at Costco and enjoyed some appetizers samples while waiting.

IMG 9126 800x600 thumb Sink Stir fry

Then, I went to get my eyebrows unibrow waxed. Today is full of OUCH!

Before:

IMG 9129 600x800 thumb Sink Stir fry

After:

IMG 9130 600x800 thumb Sink Stir fry

Ha! Just kidding.

Since I was going to be out during lunch I grabbed a container of carrots and chickpeas to hold me over. Plus some La Croch.

IMG 9134 600x800 thumb Sink Stir fry

When I finally got home it was almost 3pm. I decided to do the super early bird special again and threw together a “dinner type meal”.IMG 9138 800x533 thumb Sink Stir fry

Normally I make a “Sink Salad”, but today I made a Sink Stir-fry.IMG 9141 800x533 thumb Sink Stir fry

I sautéed – onions, broccoli slaw and mushrooms.

Then, crumbled 2 BIG veggie burgers into the pan. And seasoned with peanut sauce, soy sauce and chili.

Finally, I poured whisked eggs on top of it and cooked through.

Garnish with cashews and served with extra soy sauce. I would have put this on top of rice, but I didn’t realize we already ate our last instant rice wlEmoticon sadsmile8 Sink Stir fry

IMG 9144 800x533 thumb Sink Stir fry

To fill the carb void I had a Bagel Thin with Cinnamon Raisin PB and carob chips. This was all that was left by time I remembered I am supposed to be a creepo who takes pictures of their food food blogger.

IMG 9148 800x533 thumb Sink Stir fry

Today has been super stressful to say the least. I definitely did not need to eat that much right now, and think it might have been mood motivated but I’m not going to dwell on it and make it worse. Moving on!

I really want to share a picture of my broken tooth (as I’m not opposed to showing you my toe nails falling off). But, I can’t get my DSLR in my mouth. Trust me, I tried. You’re welcome.
teeth Sink Stir frywww.nataliedee.com

Question: What’s grosser – teeth or toes?

Comments

That’s a tough question. Probably teeth. I used to work as a dental assistant and the whole time I did, I couldn’t help buy wonder why people spend $$ on schooling that would land them in a job where they would have to stick their hands in other people’s mouths all day long. For the life of me, I couldn’t come up with a good answer, but I no longer work as a dental assistant, so that must mean something.

Sorry about that expensive root canal. I don’t know about you, but I can think of a million things I’d rather spend $950 on.

2. Jen G. says

Definitely teeth! Sorry you had such a yucky day. I’ve decided probably the absolute worst thing about being an adult is spending money on practical things.

3. Kristen says

I had a root canal about six months ago and my anxiety leading up to the appt was FAR worse than the actual procedure. I know that doesn’t make $950 easier to part with (ouch!) but i hope it makes you feel a little bit better about the procedure!

4. Carrie says

Root canels suck! :( Hopefully your dentist will give you some nitrous oxide…AKA laughing gas. I had it when I had my root canal and it helped SO much. I hadn’t had it before and it made me a little self conscious because it really did make me feel like I was going to laugh. Now that I’ve had it, I would have a hard time getting it done without it. I recently had one of my wisdom teeth pulled with nothing except numbing…I vowed never to do it again.

Oooo sorry to hear about the root canal! :(

I definitely think teeth are worse than toes. Think of how much bacteria and plaque fester in between our teeth. Hopefully there is not that much between someone’s toes.

Dang girl, that’s too bad :( What a bummer!! Good luck on Saturday!

I think it depends. Toes are probably more gross if you’re a marathoner ;) and teeth are probably more gross if you’re a meth addict.

7. Ida says

Hopefully that price tag includes some good pain meds, so you wont feel a thing.
    and LOL at the before and after pics!

Oh man, I got a root canal not too long ago. They told me it might just be a regular cavity filling (so much cheaper!!!!) so I was hoping and praying that it would be. While they were drilling she told me it was going to have to be a root canal and I started crying because it was going to be so expensive. Then they thought it was because I could feel pain and gave me two more shots of Novocain. I couldn’t feel my entire face.

True story.

9. Holly says

I agree with the poster above that the anxiety is worse than the actual procedure. I’ve had to have two root canals (my teeth hate me), and honestly, they were not bad. If they think you are feeling pain, you’ll just get another shot!

I think toes are the grosser of the two evils.

10. Megan says

Good luck Sat! I think i will go ahead and say teeth on this question, although my answer may not count. I’m a dental hygienist and I completely love my job. I absolutely love helping people, and your smile is the first thing people generally notice first. I love boosting people’s self confidence by cleaning their teeth and allowing them to smile again :D I have pulled some crazy things from inbetween peoples teeth !

So sorry about your tooth! I was eating almonds about a month ago and chunk of tooth broke off which turned into getting a crown put on. I was so stressed that I had to take the day off work! I had a root canal done a long time ago and don’t remember anything about it so it must not have been too bad. Good luck!

That IS a bad day. I will not scare you with my dental horror stories and instead send you good thoughts!

It’s a toss up on feet vs toes…both are creepy!

I hate the dentist (is it weird that I’d rather go to the gyn?) — so I’m definitely sorry about the root canal!

Feet/toes are creepier than teeth. *shudder*

Mmmm you should come to Mexico City LOL ;) My father is a dentist, and he is the best endodontist in the city (daddy’s girl speaking).
    Anyways, I wish you luck Saturday !

15. Cassie says

Don’t worry too much about the root canal – it’s fairly painless! I had one about this time last year when, on my birthday, half of one of my molars cracked and fell out! The procedure was only a couple of hours and I was totally numb. I’m jealous of your $950 price tag…my root canal and crown together were $3500!!!

Oh no! I’ve never gotten a root canal, but I think you’ll be just fine ;)

I am totally serious that teeth have to be 10x worse than toes! (Although I was so proud that I recently just lost my first toe-nail from training.)

Haven’t had the guts to put it on the blog yet :)

$950! Wow! Yah know I’ve never even thought about how much dental procedures cost, I am VERY greatful for work benefits. I HATE the dentist with a passion, I really have nothing against my dentist but I just hate going, the noise from the drill and stuff just makes me tense right up and I can’t relax at ALL during the appointment. I could think of a million other things I’d rather do, like clean up dog poop in my yard (LOL!)

Toes, by far. I’d much rather see teeth!

Holy cow that’s expensive!! That’s one of the reasons I have been putting off the dentist, costs too darn much.

Awe im so sorry to hear about your tooth.. and the root canal :O YUCK!

Loving our sink stir fry and amazing bagel thin!

eyebrows are looking good ;)