Go To Green Monster Recipe

Since I’m having a root canal this weekend I’m predicting a lot of Green Monsters in my future.

I’m also predicting a hot Southern California summer, which will also require a ton of Green Monsters to stay cool!

Luckily, I have my Go To Green Monster Recipe ready to go!

IMG 9165 800x533 thumb Go To Green Monster Recipe

Green Monster Recipe

In the mix:

ice ice baby

frozen spinach

1/2 Tb. chia seeds

1 cup almond milk (or milk of your choice)

1 scoop protein powder

optional: banana, cherries, strawberries

Blend until your tragic old blender stops spinning. Then, stir it. Blend again. Complain to your husband that you need a Vitamix. Blend some more.

Tonight’s Green Monster was served in a bowl with cereal and granola on top.

IMG 9167 800x533 thumb Go To Green Monster Recipe

What’s your favorite Green Monster?

Mike?mike the monster thumb Go To Green Monster Recipe

(source: Disney, hello)

Shrek? shrek thumb Go To Green Monster Recipe

(source: Mike Myers. I think.)

The Energy Drink?

green monster energy thumb Go To Green Monster Recipe

(source: everyone studying for finals and people on roadtrips)

Comments

Love your “green monster.” :) Good luck with the root canal.
    I hope you’re right about a hot summer. I’m ready for some sunshine and warm temps here in SoCal!

i’m so terrified to go to the dentist because i’m afraid they’re going to find tons of cavities and have to do root canals. its been three years…………

and more green monsters in your life is DEFINITELY not a bad thing ;)

I haven’t made one in so long but my favorite combo is pineapple, mango, strawberry, spinach and coconut milk. It’s so tropical and delicious!!!

I keep my green monsters really simple: banana, ice, almond or vanilla soy milk, spinach. Sometimes I add berries or a scoop of chocolate ovaltine or protein powder if I have some.

LOL. I love your other options for green monsters.

My favorite standby is: banana, plain yogurt, plain almond or soymilk, a glob of honey, flax seeds, spinach, almond butter or protein powder. Mmmm thick and delicious. I seriously have it for breakfast 3 out of 5 days a week at work. I get lots of funny looks and questions about my “special diet”. :)

I use the same recipe for green monsters, minus the chia seeds (since I’ve never bought them…maybe I should?). I’m starting to wonder if I got that recipe from you a long time ago!

Good luck with your tooth!

lol, I’ve been complaining to my husband about needing a vita-mix for months. Mostly with a *sigh* as I keep shaking my magic bullet around. ;)

I have just started getting on the green monster bandwagon this week, and I love them! But I really need a new blender; preferably a vitamix! But the chances of that are slim to none. You are actually the one who inspired me to try a green smoothie!

Mine is VERY similar to yours!
    1 cup almond milk
    half banana
    tons of spinach
    1 cup frozen cherries
    half scoop chocolate protein powder

yummmm
    although lately i have been making pineapple banana ones!YUM