Pre-Run Salad and Drinks

I am still trying to figure out eating on the nights I meet with my running group. Even though we only do about 4 miles of run/walk the timing makes me super hungry if I don’t eat first.

Today I did dinner first again…massive salad with a turkey burger and vitamin water.

IMG 9155 800x600 thumb Pre Run Salad and Drinks

Before I left I had to tell Vegas to come inside…

IMG 9159 800x600 thumb Pre Run Salad and Drinks

“Nooooooo!!!!” (He’s a little dramatic like his mom.)

IMG 9160 800x600 thumb Pre Run Salad and Drinks

Ben had a hard day at work and I had a crazy day too – so we’re relaxing with a Malibu rum and pineapple juice. Oh and it’s pineapple juice from a can of pineapples (which I ate half of).

IMG 9164 800x600 thumb Pre Run Salad and Drinks

My post group dinner/dessert/snack/food/friend… bowl of cottage cheese, pumpkin <- heated and topped with cereals and granola. So.good.

IMG 9166 800x600 thumb Pre Run Salad and Drinks

Easter is a little over a week away, which means Lent is almost over. In addition to sweets, I gave up cussing. I’ve slipped here and there, but am really trying to stick to it. Here’s to committing to sticking to it until the end!college life Pre Run Salad and Drinks
www.nataliedee.com

On April 28th She Runs L.A. Powered by Nike is holding a digital 10K! You don’t have to be in L.A. to run, you can do a virtual 10K from anywhere between 4pm on the 27th to 4pm on the 28th. But, if you are local there is a big party in Los Angeles and a party following too!

she runs LA 400x319 Pre Run Salad and Drinks

She Runs LA is giving 50 RER readers free entry to the event. The first 50 people to email me (runeatrepeat at gmail dot com) are in and I’ll email you the code. Email me if you want in!

Comments

I had been rethinking my eating cut off time right about the time you posted your challenge. I work til 8:00 twice a week and have a 30 minute commute. I was trying to figure out how I could stick to that rule, yet not break down at 10:00pm and start snacking. So I decided to compromise that on nights that I work til 8:00, I can still eat at home, but it is limited to protein and green vegetables. So far, so good!

I gave up cussing for Lent too! I’ve been doing pretty good but there have definitely been a few slips here and there. I’m trying really hard to get my potty mouth under control. It’s bad when your kids start saying “freakin'” and “jacked up” : )

3. Anna says

Pineapple juice + rum = panty ripper in Belize :) There is also a drink called a bra ripper, but I can’t remember what was in that.

Haha, oh Vegas!!! I have a “bad cats” daily calender and there was a picture of a cat with a cone and a cast on his leg. The caption was “This is what I get for being in Kitty Fight Club” and totally reminded me of Vegas!

I love Malibu rum and pineapple juice! I haven’t had it in forever, but it totally used to be my go-to summer drink. Thanks for the reminder :)

Question time: I know you mentioned before about a knee injury. A few years ago I dislocated my left patella and now my right has been feeling really weak and sore after running (mostly underneath it). I haven’t had to tape my left knee in a while, but I started taping my right patella for a little more stability. I was also looking into a knee wrap or something along those lines and didn’t know if you had any recommendations as to a certain kind/type that would relieve the pressure under it yet keep the patella stable?

7. Susan says

OMG I almost spit out my iced coffee while reading the cartoon; hilarious. I need to stop cussing to, I had stopped (because I have kids) but I’ve started doing it more and more in the last year or so.