RER Gets A Root Canal

Hello! It’s a super gorgeous day today and I was happy to run 4 miles at the beach. Until, I had to tell my group I needed to head out early for a root canal. Boo.

IMG 92511 300x400 RER Gets A Root Canal

It wasn’t as bad as I thought – the anticipation really was the worst part. The dentist had to use a TON of anesthesia on me though. I’ve read that red heads are  more sensitive to pain and need more anesthesia – so I told him to give me a double.  Between that and not having souls, we def get a raw deal… gingers no soul sign 320x400 RER Gets A Root Canal

Now I’m completely numb on one side of my face. But, I’m also hungry! I made a big bowl of gourmet canned soup and called it lunch. I also managed to eat a piece of cheese and carrots on the non-zombie side of my face (but the whole time I was worried I was going to bite my tongue off).

IMG 9254 400x300 RER Gets A Root Canal

Fun fact (?): My brother Michael  almost bit his tongue off and needed several stitches on it when we were kids. I’ll spare you the

gory details.

tongue RER Gets A Root Canal
www.nataliedee.com

Since I’m using my mom’s laptop I don’t have my normal blogging tools loaded on it yet. I apologize if RER is a bit tragic (just like me and my mouth) today. I am going to fix it all today and be back to my regularly scheduled mediocre blogging ways asap!!!

Plans for the rest of the day:

• Wine tasting (thank you Groupon)
  • Packing for VEGAS!!!
  • Taking a lot of Ibuprofen

Question: Do Gingers have souls? Please weigh in on my fate…

Comments

We do get a bad rap! I don’t think it’s that redheads are more sensitive to pain, it’s that pain meds and anesthesia aren’t as effective on us for some reason. After my elbow surgery last year they gave me oxycontin, oxycodone, and then a double dose of morphine, and none of it did a thing! On top of all the sunburning–not cool at all. I hope you don’t have too much pain once the numbness wears off.

I’d like to think that gingers have souls. Of course, I’m a brunette and haven’t any first hand knowledge, so you can take my opinion with a grain of salt.
    I’m glad you survived the root canal; you’re right…the anticipation of any dental procedure is always the worst part.

I’m super sensitive too, when I had my last round of dental work they had to give me double the numbing meds. My mouth hurt for a week from all the needles. Feel better soon!

My three boys all have red hair varying from strawberry blonde to fiery red and 99.9 percent of the time I think they’re pretty sweet. Although they are the loudest at church, when all the other kids are quietly looking at books my kids are squirming to get down :) Glad you survived the dentist, feel better soon.

5. Jenniah says

I was watching a movie earlier and realized the little girl Jennifer Stone looks SO MUCH like you! She could be your daughter haha. Just thought I’d let you know!

6. Pam says

Sorry ’bout the root canal! :) but, on the bright side…Yay 4 Vegas!! Where r u staying? If you’d like any show recommendations I’d be happy to suggest a few.

Have a great weekend!! :)

Glad to hear the root canal wasnt as bad as expected! I have never had one and have heard such terrible things! Hopefully ill never need one!

I have to get a root canal, too. Dang, I just missed fre dentistry day, too. Bastards.
    My baby is a red head. There’s a soul, but no tolerance. I’m still trying to figure out is there’s difference.