New Disneyland Half Marathon

I got an email from runDisney announcing their new race yesterday. They’ve  been leaving clues on their Facebook page to get people to guess what it was. The clues were impossible, but I just knew it was another DisneyLAND race because there is only 1 right now and it sells out super fast.

Yep, I was right! Disney announced the first Tinkerbell Half Marathon to be held in Anaheim, CA on Jan. 29, 2012!!!

TinkHalfEmailPostcard thumb New Disneyland Half Marathon

I’m in. The price is ridiculous – $120, and that’s “early bird special”. Ouch. But,  I love Disney and it’s right in my backyard so I don’t want to miss it.

image thumb13 New Disneyland Half Marathon

The only bad thing (in addition to the fact that I won’t have money to buy groceries for a while), is that I have to wait until January to run at Disneyland wlEmoticon sadsmile10 New Disneyland Half Marathon I’m already super excited!!!

I wore my Walt Disneyworld Marathon shirt for my 6 miler this morning. I was brutally slower than ever and think running with my 10k group (who does 11 minute miles because their beginners) is getting my body used to running slower. I’m working in some tempo runs asap!!! I cannot afford to get slower. IMG 9539 600x800 thumb New Disneyland Half Marathon

It’s Waffle Wednesday!IMG 9543 800x533 thumb New Disneyland Half Marathon

I topped up my 2 Kashi waffles with Cinnamon Raisin PB and syrup. Plus, a side of egg whites. So good.IMG 9545 800x533 thumb New Disneyland Half Marathon

Served up with iced coffee of course. (We don’t have any milk in the house so it’s black coffee today.)IMG 9553 800x533 thumb New Disneyland Half Marathon

Even though I blogged while I was in Vegas, I didn’t do much else. I have a ton of emails to catch up on and 2 huge writing projects that I have to do too.

sorry postvacation workload completely workplace ecard someecards thumb New Disneyland Half Marathon

Question: Who’s your favorite Disney princess?

I’m all about Ariel, but I was Cinderella for Halloween so I love her too. image thumb14 New Disneyland Half Marathon

(source)

pin it button New Disneyland Half Marathon

Comments

Oooh nice! I’m hoping to run DisneyWorld full marathon as my first marathon race in January. I should look into this half marathon though because my friend wants to run with me and isn’t too keen on doing 26.2.

I didn’t know you ran Disney. I’ll have to check out your recap. Is it as fun as it looks?

Um! I am going to sign up!!!!! HOW EXCITING! That is totally plenty of time for me to train. I was so bummed when the one in September sold out.

3. Jamie says

I just found your blog after your guest post on CNC. I just wanted to tell you that I am in the same situation with my weight loss. I have been at a plateau forever even though I eat healthy and stay active. It is so frustrating!!!

Another Disney race…it’s about time!!! I’ve wanted to do one but never wanted to deal with the battle over getting a spot. $120 bucks for a HALF…man, that is pretty ridic, but kinda expected for Disney. Hmmm…decisions decisions ;)

5. kim says

I looked at the course map and discription and i dont see anything specific about running thru cinderellas castle. do you think we will?

I did the Disney half last September. You start the race going through California Adventure, loop around through Disneyland and exit the park out past Small World. It was GREAT running through the park, but a majority of the race is on the Anaheim streets. However, they did a really wonderful job having a lot of entertainment along the route, and you did get to run through Angel stadium which was cool (mile 10) :)

I registered for the Tinkerbell Half yesterday too! I didn’t want to miss it like I missed the half in September!
    My favorite princess is definitely Sleeping Beauty. Prince Phillip is super dreamy ;)

A Disney Marathon, that sounds so fun! I’d totally want to rock some Tinkerbell wings.

I guess she doesn’t count as a Disney princess but I liked Tiger Lilly from Peter Pan. I was a weird child I guess, but I thought her outfits were rad.

8. Ida says

I wouldnt read too much into one slow run. maybe the weekend is just catching up to you?
    I’m a Jasmin fan, love Nala too:)

I want to that race!!!! I just have to wait to see in 6 months where we will be moving next though. The $120 price has to be a for sure thing. Looks like so much fun!!

10. Jamie says

Jealous!! I ran the 2011 half in Orlando, and this new race will be on my 24th birthday so I’m super tempted. But the traveling costs will probably be too high :( A girl can hope!

Ohhh I wanna run it also!! Let’s see if I can get some miles in. How’s Ben with the C25K? I started then had to stop the program so I’m re-entering it at week 6 :)

I would loooove to run a Disney race! But the race fee + travel + hotel, etc. would be a hefty price tag. So it would def be something I have to plan in advance! My fav princess is Ariel. I used to pretend I was a mermaid when we would go to the beach.

13. Destiny says

Hi Monica – I registered too! – I am doing the WDW marathon 2012 so I am super excited to get my coast to coast medal in Jan rather than waiting for the Sept half. I figure I will walk it if I don’t feel up to running it so soon after WDW =)

14. Truc says

How quickly do Disney races sell out? I am contemplating this race, despite….not running at all. ha. (Yet. And in my defense, I’m doing an all-walking marathon in a month, so I’m not starting from total couch potato stance!)

This is a new one, so I’m not sure how fast it will sell. Keep an eye on the sight and it should update things like “60%” filled so you know where they are.

15. Jill says

Congrats on getting into the Tinkerbell race.

Just an FYI – that some of your group are not beginners, and would love to be able to make an 11 minute pace, but just aren’t there yet.

Hi Jill :)
      I know you guys are not “beginners”, but a lot of my readers are competitive runners and I’m just trying to give them an idea of the other running I’m doing in easy terms. You rocked it yesterday – totally not beginner level!!!

Belle :) Awesome about the new Disneyland race! I just ran through Anaheim during my leg of the Ragnar Relay with Bobbi. We started at the Anaheim Angel’s stadium and then went up the Bike path. I should check out the course for that half marathon to see if Ragnar went through any of it??

Ahhh I want to do this so badly!! Disneyworld is one of my dream marathons because I LOVE Disneyland like no other. But I’d be super happy to run at Disneyland to :) That is dang expensive for a half. Man oh man.

I love ariel but I think my favorite is Belle I chose her for my bib for the disney princess half at disney world!
    I would LOVE to sign up for the tinker bell half but I live in NJ and just traveled to disneyWORLD in february soo Im not sure i can make that work this time around!