Can’t All Be Winners

Sorry friends, they can’t all be winners. This applies to so many things, don’t you think?

Like, sometimes I have an amazing run.monica running redlands thumb1 Can’t All Be Winners

And today I had a crappy one…IMG 0676 thumb Can’t All Be Winners

Sometimes RER is fun,monica needs AA thumb Can’t All Be Winners and sometimes it’s tragic.

Today’s run was not a winner. This post really isn’t either. But, you keep going back for more because you have issues and this is cheaper than therapy (I’m talking about running again, not RER as I think therapy would be more helpful than reading a blog of some random Mexican runner).running is cheaper than therapy thumb Can’t All Be Winners

Luckily, breakfast was a winner – Protein Pumpkin Pancakes!IMG 0678 800x533 thumb Can’t All Be Winners

I basically use my oatbran cakes recipe and add pumpkin. IMG 0686 800x533 thumb Can’t All Be Winners

Since I’ve been trying to curb night time eating I wake up HUNGRY. Today I had a mini-banana while cooking and a couple handfuls of cereal. I like that I’m eating less at night (haven’t stopped it completely), but I don’t like that I’m snacking in the morning instead. I’ve got to think about this…IMG 0682 thumb Can’t All Be Winners

Okay, I’m late! See ya later wlEmoticon smile18 Can’t All Be Winners

Comments

I have tried to drink a big glass of water right when I wake up to get myself going before starting to eat. Also, are you eating enough protein at dinner? Maybe its not holding you over. Being hungry in the AM is great..being HUNGRY leads me to start the day off overeating…

2. Sarah E. says

I had a crappy run this morning too… a lot of talking myself into finishing the full, which I did do (eventually)! I think crappy runs are almost as important as flawless runs in that they provide feedback as what can be done better for next time. (Granted, I am only able to say this after I survived the run that never seemed to end!)

I had a crappy run yesterday. I know they’re inevitable, but they sure do suck.

Also, I’ve been trying to eat less at night, which means I wake up ravenous. But thankfully, for whatever reason, I have more control in the morning than I do at night, so I’ve yet to go on a crazy binge in the AM. But on the other hand, I remember feeling really sad that my breakfast was over when I got to the bottom of the bowl this morning.

You’re not the only tragic one around here! :)

Thanks Alison :)
      Yeah, I have more control in the morning, so I don’t do as much damage, but I def am snacking more as I’m prepping breakfast and lunch.

4. Kirsten says

Totally read that last bit as “Today I had a mini-banana while cooking a couple handfuls of cereal.” Like, you can cook cereal?! HOW FABULOUS.

And then my brain kicked in and I felt stupid. Oh well. Those mini bananas are way too adorable, btw.

5. Christin says

I am a dork, and once again bored at work, so I decided to Google “Quotes on winning” to try to find something inspirational to add to the mix. Then the quote below came up in the search. I was like, wtf? but then I figured it was meant to be…lol oh well, I tried…Good times.

“The only thing I’m addicted to is winning. This bootleg cult, arrogantly referred to as Alcoholics Anonymous, reports a 5 percent success rate. My success rate is 100 percent.”
    Charlie Sheen

Read more: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/winning.html#ixzz1LyZ2Rkwl

So on that note, have a better day!! :)

Sorry for the crappy run! This may be totally cliche, but I like to think that at least they make the good runs all the more fabulous. :D

I’m definitely a night snacker as well. I need a little something in my belly before I go to bed, otherwise I’m ravenous for the next day. But a morning snack sounds like a very good thing too, if it’s working well for you! :D

Hey – don’t sweat the morning snacking. My husband is a personal trainer and he says eating in the AM is about a zillion times better for you than snacking late at night. Even if it’s the same amount of calories, your body will process them way faster/more efficiently if you eat them after waking up than before hitting the hay.
    You go, girl!

Sorry about the crappy run – I’m curious what made it crappy? Did you think you had a bad time – because it still looks faster than what I run :)