Going Back to Baltimore

I’m headed to Baltimore tonight! I’ll be speaking at Fitbloggin on Saturday about Blogging 101: Breaking into Health and Fitness Blogging. This is the newbie track, so if you’re new to the game please come by. But, if you’re been doing this for a while please don’t come and make me look like a know-nothing loser. Thanks. fitbloggin logo thumb3 Going Back to Baltimore

I went to Fitbloggin last year when I lived in Maryland! It’s crazy how much my life has changed in the last year. Wow.

Anyways, I am off to catch a flight. Followed by a l-o-n-g layover (in which you’ll see me doing embarrassing things). Then, another flight and hopefully, I’ll end up in Maryland by tomorrow morning wlEmoticon smile31 Going Back to Baltimore

I even though I was super homesick while living in MD (and complained about it too much) I have really really missed it. Ben is coming with me and we’ll be staying with our only couple friends – Matt and Kristin on Saturday/Sunday. Yeah!matt and kristin thumb Going Back to Baltimore

*Note – It just so happens that this weekend is the Wine In The Woods. It was pretty epic last year and I’d love to visit Columbia, MD (where we lived). But, I think my companions may make me promise not to drink too much…monica dancing drunk thumb Going Back to Baltimore

I’m extra happy Ben is coming with so I have someone to lean on hold hands with on the plane. I really need to try and get some sleep on this flight, but that’s really hard for me. Wide.awake.monica is on a place thumb Going Back to Baltimore

Did you know Otters hold hands when they’re sleeping so they won’t drift apart? This picture is so cute it my heart aches. ur my otter half thumb Going Back to Baltimore

Any suggestions for sleeping a plane?

Ben’s suggestion is a strong drink at the terminal bar…

pin it button Going Back to Baltimore

Comments

Read a boring book- I fought insomnia with an astronomy book one year in college (sorry planet-lovers). Have fun! Oh, and now I think I love otters.

2. Ida says

I can fall asleep most anywhere, but I do find the eye mask helps on a plane. That otter picture is adorable!

I know this isn’t always possible, but watch a movie you’ve seen a million times – with your eyes closed. I “watch it in my mind” and it puts me right to sleep. For some reason, every plane I’ve ever had to sleep on has had “Mrs. Doubtfire” – the perfect sleeper!

Take a sleeping pill right before the flight, then accept the consolatory glass of red wine when your in-seat tv thingy is the only one on the plane that doesn’t work and no, they don’t’ have another seat to switch to. Works like a charm.

I will echo the sentiments of those who suggest sleep masks, and I will add a small travel pillow and earplugs (or iPod with some kind of guided meditation mp3- works like a charm). I also never travel anywhere without a pashmina because it can double as a light blanket or wrap; just enough to keep off the chill of the A/C that they seem to have on planes even in the winter.

6. Bridget says

Last time I was trying to sleep on a plane (from Hawaii to DC), I just told the flight attendant to keep my glass of red wine full until I passed out – worked like a charm :)

Going to wine in the woods tomorrow and your picture makes me so excited! It will be my first time. I guess I won’t see you since I’ve never even heard of Fitbloggin and I’ll be busy drinking wine all day. Have a great time though, I’m sure your talk will be wonderful!

Ugh, I can barely sleep in my own bed, let alone on a plane! Good luck! Luckily you’ll get to sit with Ben. On our trip back from Vegas last weekend I didn’t get to sit anywhere near my husband. Although, I ended up getting super lucky and he put me on the standby list for first class and I scored! I still couldn’t sleep though.

Those otters, I’m dying from the cuteness!!