Native Food Cafe

Native Foods Café has been on my radar for a few months now, but I usually go with my “tried and true” vegetarian restaurant’s when I want to get my fix. Last night I finally decided to take a change on this new-to-me place.IMG 4211 600x800 thumb Native Food Cafe

Native Foods Café is a vegetarian vegan restaurant chain in Southern California with locations in Orange County, LA and Palm Springs. native foods logo thumb Native Food Cafe

Since I was tied between two dishes Ben and I decided to share the Spicy Meatball Pizza

Spicy MeatBall Pizza
Homemade marinara sauce, Native Sausage Seitan meatballs, roasted sweet peppers, caramelized onions, pesto and Native Parmesan. 7.95

IMG 4201 800x600 thumb Native Food Cafe

And the Native Nachos –

Homemade corn tortilla chips covered in black beans, Native Taco Meat, Native Chipotle Crema, Native Cheese, salsa fresca, and guacamole. Topped with corn, green onions, and cilantro. 7.95

IMG 4205 800x600 thumb Native Food Cafe

The pizza crust was perfections – slightly crispy on the outside, doughy and a touch sweet on the inside. I was in pizza Heaven. I’m usually not a fan of veggie meatballs, but these were good too.IMG 4206 800x600 thumb Native Food Cafe

The nachos were amazing too. Ben and I both agreed we’d be back! IMG 4204 800x600 thumb Native Food Cafe

Added bonus – the big picture of an elephant in the restroom.

IMG 4207 800x600 thumb Native Food Cafe

Mostly because of this one fact – elephants and Monicas both LOVE watermelon wlEmoticon smile47 Native Food Cafe IMG 4208 800x600 thumb Native Food Cafe

When I got home I made the most awesome low cal dessert. (Yes, it tasted low cal, but was still awesome.) A root beer floast with Artic Zero Chocolate PB Ice cream. This flavor is better than the Mint Chocolate. IMG 4214 800x600 thumb Native Food Cafe

IMG 4215 600x800 thumb Native Food Cafe

Okay, I am off to meet my running group. See ya later wlEmoticon smile47 Native Food Cafe

Comments

Your dinner looks amazing! I have really been attempting to try more vegan places lately because I always love the food.

The picture of your root beer float is making me crave one for breakfast! I really need to find some of that Arctic Zero ice cream to try!

I’ve heard a lot of mixed things about that “ice cream.” It does sound too good to be true, but at only 150 I think I need to give it a try!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo- That place is my most beloved and missed place. Dang the East coast sucks.

I have been searching for her vegan mayo recipe. If anyone knows it, let me know!

the nachos were my favorite, too.

Ah Native Foods. I only get to go when I visit my brother in Mission Viejo. Why can’t they open up a store in Philadelphia, Pa? Why? I think you will enjoy everything on their menu.

5. LisaK says

The cookies and creme/vanilla maple are my favorite flavors of arctic zero. They are “fluffy” without being too gooey from the xanthan gum.

Chocolate pb rootbeer float?! I’ll have to take your word on that one! Do the Artic Zeros taste like ice-cream, or do they have more of a sorbet texture?

i totally agree with this. i ate a pint today while on a road trip & i was thinking that it was a bit gooey. it was even cold outside so it wasn’t like it was melting in the car. it’s like when you add too much guar gum to a smoothie.

7. Michelle W says

I work near the Native Foods at the Camp (costa mesa) and LOVE that restaurant. I eat there at least once a week. Next time try the Scorpion Burger! It is so good :)

i’ve been to the native foods in palm springs a couple of times & i liked it. i usually get one of the hippie-dippie grain bowls w/ veggies & such. i think they come with a side of dreadlocks & body odor! :)
    you HAVE to try the cookies & cream arctic zero – it’s by far the best!

You ate at 2 of my favorite restaurants over the weekend: Native Foods and Veggie Grill.

I love the nachos and spinach artichoke dip at Native Foods and the chicken ranch burger. They also make amazing desserts too (the peanut butter parfait is unreal).

At Veggie Grill, I usually get the exact same thing you get…though I get the salad so I can get a side of mac and cheese or sweet potato fries :)

I so need to find this restaurant and eat there! I love seitan and I am craving those nachos…thannnks alot ;)

that root beer float sounds like a super fantastical idea! especially with diet soda and artic zero ice cream. talk about a low calorie treat! :D