Marathon Week and Flapjack Friday

So, I ran a half marathon on Monday and I have another half marathon to run tomorrow. I’m not really good at math but by my calculations…

1 half marathon on Monday + 1 half marathon on Saturday = A whole marathon this week!monica at laguna

I will take today as another rest day (I rested the day after the race as well) and just hope my legs don’t completely hate me tomorrow! I know some people can run 20 miles 5 times a week (and look amazing doing it) – but I’m not one of those people.

It’s French Toast Flapjack Friday!pumpkin pancakes

I used my usual pumpkin pancake recipe but upped the pumpkin a bit because I have so much of it: 1/2 eggs, 1/2c pumpkin, 1/4 chickpea flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and chia seeds. This changed the consistency a bit, but it was still good.pancakes with chia

This is my favorite decadent (while still healthy) breakfast!breakfast, it's whats for eatin

Question: Have you ever run 2 races in one month? week? day?

Comments

Does a triathlon count? That’s technically THREE races in one day. :) I ran a half marathon and a 30k within a month of each other and it was awesome. You are a supreme badass for doing back-to-back halfs!

You’re going to be awesome tomorrow! I can feel it.
    2 weeks ago I ran the Ragnar Relay from Yale to Harvard, my parts totaled 14.4 miles, and the next morning I did a duathlon 5k run, 28k bike, 5k run. My legs were toast by the end of it, but I had a good time!

Nope I have never! You are one brave woman!

But I do plan on running 2 -10km’s within 10 days of each other in July and one of those might turn into a half marathon.

In September I do have two half marathons though! But they are almost 3 weeks apart!

Pretty much a year ago exactly, I did the Camp Pendleton Mud Run (10K) and then SD RnR full the next day. Most recently, I did the Fargo 5k in the PM and then the Marathon the next morning. It’s definitely not easy to race back-to-back like that. I don’t think I’ve squeezed any half-s close together than 2 weeks apart.

Kudos to you, great job! I have run two races the past two months. Gets addicting. Do great on your half marathon tomorrow. Two PRs in one week?!?

I have been on a 5k kick lately because it gets me out of bed and running on Saturday mornings. I’ll be doing my 3rd in 3 weeks tomorrow.. but I don’t think I would ever do the same if the races were longer.

I’ve definitely run 1 race a week for an entire month, but never the length of your half marathons. I ran 2 4 mile races, 1 5 mile race, and 1 10K all in one month. Congrats on your achievement (and those flapjacks look delish)!

8. Chelsea @ Go Chelsea Go! says

You are a beast woman! Go rock that marathon this week! One day I hope to be able to run like you :)

Good luck & have fun!!!! I am absolutely addicted to running races & try to run at least 2/month. The race fees & my hubby hold me back a bit, otherwise, I’d probably do more… which I’m sure is for the best in keeping me from getting injured… or going broke.

You are awesome for all that running! I ran a marathon and a metric marathon (about 16 miles) less than a month later – does that count? I also ran a 5k the week before my marathon!

11. Kianni says

I’ve never done any official races outside of school, but I have done many a 12 or 13 mile runs back to back. Working on getting to a marathon..but I’m injured right now, so I’ve been going at 8 miles a day so far..but got to 9 today. Yay. rest day tomorrow and am hoping I can do a normal 12 mile run Sunday- without aching after…Ah, I wish the weather was cooler, I’d so make protein pancakes tonight, but there’s usually an overcast day food for me ^_^. who knows, maybe I can like them with the sun still shining >8]

I did the bolder boulder its a 10k on memorial day and tomorrow I’m doing the steamboat springs half marathon, wish me luck!