Peanut Slaw Recipe

I had the Blogging 101 webinar today at 11am. So, that kept me busy until about 12pm when I remembered – there is a Potluck Meeting at work at 1pm!

Great. Totally forgot.

I quickly assessed the ingredients I had on hand and decided to make my favorite Asian Peanut Slaw. I think I ALWAYS have the ingredients on hand for this!

Ingredients: coleslaw, TJ’s peanut dressing (or similar), can of chickpeas, green onions, cucumbers (optional) and peanuts (not optional)

IMG 4447 600x800 thumb Peanut Slaw Recipe

Directions: Throw coleslaw in a BIG bowl. Peel cucumber slowly and suggestively.  Chop cucumber and green onions and add both to bowl. Rinse chickpeas add to bowl. Cover everything with a generous layer of dressing and toss.

IMG 4449 600x800 thumb Peanut Slaw Recipe

IMG 4451 800x600 thumb Peanut Slaw Recipe

Smash several bags of peanuts you’ve collected over your recent travels. Remember how you  need to make flight reservations for the Healthy Living Summit. Add peanuts to salad. Put “make flight reservation” on your To Do list.

IMG 4453 800x600 thumb Peanut Slaw Recipe

Mix. Add more peanut dressing as needed.

Transfer to a presentable bowl wlEmoticon smile4 Peanut Slaw Recipe

IMG 4456 800x600 thumb Peanut Slaw Recipe

Take a quick second to blog about it.

IMG 4458 800x600 thumb Peanut Slaw Recipe

Go to your first work Potluck and hope no one makes fun of your food or finds a cat hair in it.

pin it button Peanut Slaw Recipe

Comments

Cat hair just adds to the flavor :-)

I am impressed that you can just throw something together. I think if I found out I had a pot luck in an hour people would end up with peanut butter and saltines (which might be pretty good too!).

I always get stressed out taking food to pot lucks or parties. Why do I feel like I’m being judged based on my food choices? Oh… because not everyone’s into tempeh tuna salad. Noted.

The “peel the cucumber slowly and suggestively.” part made me laugh. I always feel sort of weird peeling a cucumber like that and then chopping it up ;)

4. Courtney says

Ha ha… I love to bake, and used to always joke with people at work that anyone that found a dog hair in their dessert would win a prize.

5. Vanessa says

I actually attended your webinar and you did GREAT!!! I just found your blog and I think you are hilarious. I will definitely visit often.

I wish all airlines still had peanuts as at least an option. I understand the allergies, but I usually fly Alaska and they give out bags of crackers. Not being able to eat those gluten-filled bags drives me crazy! I want free peanuts!!

7. Jill says

Wait – you mean that there are dishes that DON’T have cat/dog hair? That couldn’t happen at our house. I feel good if there isn’t a tongue or a paw in the food. (And for pot-lucks, I’m the one who brings paper goods).

8. Dani says

Just made a batch of this up this morning for a BBQ we’re going to tomorrow, except I kinda made my own peanut dresssing (thank you Magic Bullet, you make life SO easy!) Based on my husband’s taste test and feedback (“can’t we bring something else and keep this here for us?’) I am pretty sure I will be making this often :) Thanks!

I would suggest making your own with peanut butter, soy sauce, maple syrup (or sugar) and sriacha. Sometimes I do this when I’m out of the TJ’s stuff.