Running On The Equator

I went for a run on the equator Marco Island this morning. image thumb1 Running On The EquatorPretty sure it was 85 degrees with 100% humidity. I almost died. IMG 4791 800x600 thumb Running On The Equator

But, then I remembered we were going to a buffet for breakfast. So I dusted myself off and decided to live another day eat another big meal wlEmoticon winkingsmile7 Running On The EquatorIMG 4793 800x600 thumb Running On The Equator

6 slow miles on the equator should be celebrated with iced coffee.IMG 4797 800x600 thumb Running On The Equator

Ben and I took pictures in front of the Marriot on Marco before eating.

Happy Vacation!!!IMG 4799 600x800 thumb Running On The Equator

I don’t drink juice too often (since I’d rather eat my fruit), but this Orange Juice is freshly squeezed and amazing!IMG 4800 600x800 thumb Running On The Equator

In addition to the deliciousness of a buffet – it’s so pretty too!IMG 4802 800x600 thumb Running On The Equator

IMG 4804 800x600 thumb Running On The Equator

IMG 4806 800x600 thumb Running On The Equator

“Mon-i-caaaa…”IMG 4807 800x600 thumb Running On The Equator

“…put me in your purse for lay-ter….”IMG 4808 800x600 thumb Running On The Equator

I started with a veggie omelet from the omelet bar, chocolate chip pancake, pecan roll (shared) and chicken sausage. Plus a yogurt granola parfait.IMG 4811 800x600 thumb Running On The Equator

My second plate involved fruit and a donut. I think I mentioned it, but I have been craving a donut like crazy! I ate the whole thing, craving satisfied wlEmoticon smile21 Running On The EquatorIMG 4815 800x600 thumb Running On The Equator

And in case you care, technically the equator goes through Ecuador. I’m aware wlEmoticon smile21 Running On The Equatorthe equator map thumb Running On The Equator(source)

See you in a bit!

Comments

Way to stick with a humid run! I hate running when the humidity is over 30% (clearly, I’ve been living in so cal for too long). AND super jealous that your in Marco! My family and I used to go to Marco yearly until two years ago. I miss it so much and I feel like a moderate creeper because I can tell exactly where you are based on the background of the pics. Hope your having a good trip!

Hahaha ‘…put me in your purse for lay-ter…’ naughty little pastries! And well done on the run! I think I managed about 3k this morning, also in 85 degrees heat… It killed me!! How you did 6 miles I’l never know!

I always go wild at breakfast buffets. What is it about the buffet that makes me able to justify foods I would otherwise have zero interest in? They’re just SO excitingggg!

I live farther North than Marco Island (in between Orlando and Tampa) but it is crazy hot here. It’s easier for me to run after work because I go in at 7:30 but might need to suck it up and get up early enough to run in the mornings.

That breakfast looks really yummy.

Ah, running in FL during the summer is awful, haha. I’ve lived here my entire life and it still gets to me.

That breakfast, though, looks gorgeous and super delicious! :) I hope you enjoy the rest of your vacay!

were the bread rolls and pats of butter begging to be placed in your purse, too! i’m SO going to be that old lady that steals food from buffets. side note, i define “old” as right now. :)

God, I’m happy it’s never humid here! I would have melted.

That buffet looks amazing- I have totally snuck muffins and such out of buffets and into my purse before, haha. I also snuck a baked potato out once and forgot about it overnight… yeah, never going to do that again!

I miss breakfast buffets! I’m not a fan of eggs and now I can no longer eat gluten, so I can pretty much never eat at a breakfast buffet again unless all I want is fresh fruit.

I am such a wimp with humidity and heat. I don’t know if I can leave the Pacific NW!