Monica Meets Kashi

This afternoon I went to the store for 2 things I couldn’t get at Costco– onions and ketchup. That’s it.

But, I walked by the frozen food aisle and noticed a ton of “Closeout” tags. Turns out they were trying to get rid of everything I love! I went back to the front of the store for a cart and piled it in.IMG 4913 800x600 thumb Monica Meets Kashi

As I was piling it in my cart, a voice from behind me asked me if I wanted a coupon for a free Kashi product. I was like, “F yeah, I do!” but think I said something more polite.IMG 4915 800x600 thumb Monica Meets Kashi

The coupon giver and her group walked away and then I flipped it over and it was also a card from a Kashi employee! I walked over to them to get more information. Turns out a group of Kashi reps was doing a store visit!

I screamed and peed in my pants like I was meeting Matt Damon. I don’t know if you’re aware, but my mom and I credit walking and Kashi Go Lean with helping us lose weight a few years back. (Like, we were OBSESSED and pushed it on everyone we knew.)

After I composed myself, I grabbed up a box of one of my oldie but goodie favorites – Kashi Good Friends.IMG 4916 600x800 thumb Monica Meets Kashi

Then, I went home and ate it. IMG 4919 800x600 thumb Monica Meets Kashi

Today was a good day wlEmoticon smile27 Monica Meets KashiIMG 4920 800x600 thumb Monica Meets Kashi

pin it button Monica Meets Kashi

Comments

I would have died! It’s a dream of mine to work for Kashi…and I mean, since they’re based out of San Diego I totally could…right?!? :-)

I love that Good Friends cereal!

Free Kashi does make for a great day, indeed. I wasn’t as lucky as you and didn’t score any free Kashi today, but I did get a box of Kashi waffles for $1.50, thanks to a peelie coupon on the box and super double coupon day at my grocery store.

Ahh! I would totally freak out too, Kashi would be such a cool company to work for. They’re like whole foods ambassadors. Lucky you!

4. Jill says

Did you think you’d died and gone to heaven? Fave foods on clearance and then a special on your Kashi too? Never mind that cherries are in season now.
    Here’s a question for you (and anyone else who is a devotee of IE).
    How do you know when it’s truly your body craving something versus the foot-stamping, impatient two-year old inside you? I get it, if you’re craving steamed broccoli or something, that there’s the adult speaking but if you’re wanting something really junky? I’m trying to find the balance between not denying any REASONABLE desires but figuring out what is reasonable and practical. Know what I mean?

I love Kashi! I just got some berry medley the other day and it is soo good!

ps. I saw your post from yesterday and I want you to know that you have nothing to be self concious about. You’re SO skinny and you look SO fit! I’d be inspired if you were my trainer :)

I never would have thought that I’d miss Kashi products so much! I also count Kashi Go Lean as a main reason I’ve lost so much weight (I finally made it to 100 lbs lost!) Then I had to go gluten-free and so many of my favorite items had to go away. Such a bummer!!