Big Girls Don’t Cry

I can’t pinpoint the reason yet, but I’ve been hungry all afternoon lately. It might be hormones, might be stress. I’m looking into it.

Anyways, I made the most massive smoothie with cereal to fill up my bell-ay. IMG 5016 533x800 thumb Big Girls Don’t CryThese things fill up 2 whole glasses. Always.IMG 5013 800x533 thumb Big Girls Don’t CryAfter picking up my car from the repair guy (we got off easy this time). Ben and I had a lil date night. We walked to a local Indian food place.

We shared a massive combo with 3 items. The green one is okra – this is the first time I’ve had it where it’s not fried. Loved it wlEmoticon smile33 Big Girls Don’t CryIMG 0111 800x600 thumb Big Girls Don’t Cry

I proudly announced to the entire place that “garlic naan is my reason for living.” I’ve done more embarrassing things, but did kinda regret that after one too many people stopped eating to stare.IMG 0112 800x600 thumb Big Girls Don’t CryThe combo came with 3 main dish items, rice and garlic naan. We added an order of samosas too.IMG 0113 800x600 thumb Big Girls Don’t Cry

It’s a super informal place, but the food is amaze.IMG 0114 800x600 thumb Big Girls Don’t Cry

Embarrassing moment #2 of the night = We massacred this meal (and our table showed it).IMG 0117 800x600 thumb Big Girls Don’t Cry

Then, I stole a spoon from the place for my frozen yogurt. I know this is crazy, but I don’t like the round YogurtLand spoons.

Is that a spoon in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?IMG 0118 800x600 thumb Big Girls Don’t Cry

We also hit up the Verizon store for some phone research. I want this one – wait it’s not a phone?!…IMG 0119 800x600 thumb Big Girls Don’t Cry

Speaking of big phones, I want to clarify something. In my Ask a Monican #11 I mentioned that I think I’m a “big girl”. I did not mean “big” in a bad way – it’s an adjective not a slur.

I meant I have big feet, huge hands (I’ve never been able to try on rings at jewelry stores) and a head that rivals NFL linebackers.

Yes, my new sombrero is a men’s size hat. IMG 4697 800x600 thumb1 Big Girls Don’t CryJust wanted to put it in my perspective for you.

After our Indian food massacre we needed dessert. Ben wanted cupcakes.IMG 0121 600x800 thumb Big Girls Don’t Cry

He chose a Coconut Macaroon cupcake. IMG 0122 600x800 thumb Big Girls Don’t Cry

He’s almost as excited as I am for fro-yo!IMG 0124 600x800 thumb Big Girls Don’t Cry

I went with Yogurtland.IMG 0126 800x600 thumb Big Girls Don’t Cry

Nothing makes me happier. Nothing.IMG 0128 800x600 thumb Big Girls Don’t Cry

We made a quick stop in Pier One for new Run Eat Repeat eating materials. I spotted these Chalk Note glasses…IMG 0130 800x600 thumb Big Girls Don’t Cry

And that brings me to Ben’s Comment of the Day:

Me: “Ben, I want these glasses so we can write our names on them when we have a party and keep track of our drinks.”

Ben:No. People need to learn how to keep track of their drinks or they’re gonna get roofied.”

True.

Comments

Cupcakes vs. frozen yogurt?! I wouldn’t have been able to choose! I probably would have had both, not going to lie.

I’m glad I’m not the only one with a huge head- I have to wear my dad’s bike helmet because regular ones don’t fit me. His is made for extra-large heads…

2. Dynamics says

Thanks Ben, You got me to snort. Good thing I am alone. Just bought new tennis shoes…Size 11 D. Yikes. Talk about big feet!

First of all I love Ben and his tiny cupcake bag and uncomfortable smile in that pic! And yes we should all be aware of the potential to be roofied with our friends! But I am always more worried about that one germy guy who may put is festering lip on my cup. I will take get roofied over that any day!

I knew exactly what you meant by “big girl”. I wear size 12 shoes, definitely inherited my mother’s hips and have a HUGE head. Even during my yearly, my OBGYN was shocked to hear my shoe size and said, “yup, you’re big boned”. We’re not all meant to be size 2s, and that’s cool if you are or aren’t.

p.s. I’m jealous of your garlic naan. That entire meal looks solid.

5. Kate says

Okay, I just busted out laughing at Ben’s comment. I think I scared MY husband but that’s totally something he would say too!

Are you more of a Yogurtland or Menchies type gal? I’m partial to the Mench… but at the end of the day, Yogland is fro’ yo too, so no complaints. Hahaha love Ben’s comment.

We don’t have Menchies here, but I love Yogurtland more than any other place (there are a ton of different options around). Yogurtland was the original place in Irvine, CA – and Ben and I have been going for years and years. Then, everyone copied but I’m loyal :)

Plus, Yogurtland has Taro flavor and I love it.

Just mentioning naan has me tasting and craving some garlic honey naan! My boyfriend has learned when I ask if he wants to share some naan – he really should order his own piece. I usually eat the whole thing by myself!

When I’m stressed I’m hungry all day long too. :/ I wish I weren’t in the habit of emotional eating!

I know what you mean by “big girl” too–I’m short (only 5’2) but I have a very wide frame and I literally do have big bones (when I was a kid I always had to have bone density tests to make sure they weren’t getting too big.) It’s annoying being so short with having such a wide frame and broad shoulders–there are times I feel so unfeminine.

I had Indian food last night too – made Jenna’s baingan bharta, which was delish. So, I think garlic naan is a totally legit reason for living. Who are these dissenters who say otherwise? Love Ben’s comment about keeping up with your glass. It’s true.

Haha love Ben’s comment so funny. and true.
    Love chalk classes too. I’m moving to an apartment this fall and my roommates and I have already decided to do chalk paint on the walls in small areas to write on. Chalk = fun.

Maybe it’s a good thing I never got a chance to try naan. I’d miss it too much!

Ben’s comment literally made me LOL. And…I think I agree ;)

Amy’s frozen food has NEVER done me wrong. Never. I could probably live off of Amy’s and Kashi for an inordinately long time…

Happy Sunday!

I have to agree with your Ben. It was the first lesson they taught us at Freshmen Orientation. Watch your drinks or you’ll get roofied. And the people you invite to your home would definitely be the roofie-dropping kind, right?