Two Weddings and A Funeral

IMG 5341 800x533 thumb Two Weddings and A Funeral

Yesterday we went to the wedding for Ben’s friends – Dan and Jen. It was held at the Segerstrom Concert Hall in Costa Mesa.IMG 5365 800x533 thumb Two Weddings and A Funeral

One of the groomsman caught my eye. He’s a cute one!IMG 5347 533x800 thumb Two Weddings and A Funeral

Oh, it’s Ben. He shines up like a new penny wlEmoticon winkingsmile21 Two Weddings and A Funeral

IMG 5353 533x800 thumb Two Weddings and A Funeral

He’s also available for funerals, bar mitzvahs and engineering parties. IMG 5355 800x533 thumb Two Weddings and A Funeral

I hit on him and ended up taking him home wlEmoticon winkingsmile21 Two Weddings and A Funeral Scandal.IMG 5358 800x533 thumb Two Weddings and A Funeral

Put your guy in a suit and he’s like a whole new man wlEmoticon winkingsmile21 Two Weddings and A FuneralIMG 5363 800x533 thumb Two Weddings and A Funeral

Cocktail hour involved avocado and crab, grilled cheese and wine. Loved it.IMG 5359 800x533 thumb Two Weddings and A Funeral

IMG 5360 800x533 thumb Two Weddings and A Funeral

The tables were labeled as places. We were at the Princeton table.IMG 5374 800x533 thumb Two Weddings and A Funeral

The happy couple <3IMG 5400 532x800 thumb Two Weddings and A Funeral

Another, less important, yet also happy couple…IMG 5410 800x533 thumb Two Weddings and A Funeral

I devoured that bread with butter and then mixed greens with apples, cheese and dates arrived.IMG 5408 800x533 thumb Two Weddings and A Funeral

I chose the salmon and it came with a fried polenta cake. IMG 5420 800x533 thumb Two Weddings and A FuneralLife changing. Seriously, so good.IMG 5422 800x533 thumb Two Weddings and A Funeral

Ben chose beef with mashed potatoes. Also amazing.IMG 5418 800x533 thumb Two Weddings and A Funeral

Then, there was a wardrobe change (by the bride) and dancing.

IMG 5438 533x800 thumb Two Weddings and A FuneralIMG 5440 thumb Two Weddings and A Funeral

IMG 5437 800x533 thumb Two Weddings and A FuneralTime for cake!IMG 5446 475x800 thumb Two Weddings and A Funeral

I had 3 pieces because the waitress spotted the cake lover inside me and Erin. She brought us chocolate and another piece of white cake!

IMG 5447 thumb Two Weddings and A Funeral

They had a photobooth with fun dress up props too!IMG 5459 529x800 thumb Two Weddings and A Funeral

We were the only locals at our table (all Ben’s friends live in New York or Boston!) so Rob gave me the center piece even though he won it fair and square!

IMG 5461 thumb Two Weddings and A Funeral

*I wrote all the above Saturday night, but had to rush to brunch Sunday morning and didn’t get to publish. I’ll just continue for a monster post…

IMG 5464 800x533 thumb Two Weddings and A Funeral

After brunch we headed to Newport Beach to get a few minutes outside.IMG 5466 800x533 thumb Two Weddings and A FuneralIMG 5473 800x533 thumb Two Weddings and A FuneralIMG 5477 800x533 thumb Two Weddings and A FuneralIMG 5482 800x533 thumb Two Weddings and A Funeral

But, Ben and I had to part with his friends so we could attend our second wedding of the weekend…IMG 5538 800x532 thumb Two Weddings and A Funeral

I didn’t mention it because I didn’t really know how to explain it, but the second wedding we went to was my mom and dad’s wedding. It’s a complicated situation, but my real mom and dad (not step parents or anything like that) got married today.IMG 5530 800x533 thumb Two Weddings and A Funeral

Me and my little brother, Matt

IMG 5489 800x533 thumb Two Weddings and A Funeral

Because it’s not a Mexican party without Mariachis…IMG 5492 thumb Two Weddings and A Funeral

O for Olivas IMG 5499 533x800 thumb Two Weddings and A Funeral

and my mom and Grams….IMG 5509 533x800 thumb Two Weddings and A Funeral

Long story short, I ate way too much this weekend. A lot of it was tired and emotional eating. I don’t want to talk about it with you at least.IMG 5534 800x533 thumb Two Weddings and A Funeral

Let’s talk about other things, like how I need to cut my bangs…IMG 5537 800x532 thumb Two Weddings and A Funeral

My brother Michael, my mom and me. When people find out I’m Mexican, they always ask if anyone else in my family is redheaded Yep, my brother Mike wlEmoticon smile45 Two Weddings and A FuneralIMG 5543 800x533 thumb Two Weddings and A Funeral

The whole fam,

IMG 5563 800x533 thumb Two Weddings and A Funeral

This picture represents the 5th (NOT an exaggeration) piece of cake I’ve had in the last 24 hours. IMG 5568 800x532 thumb Two Weddings and A Funeral

So, that’s 2 weddings – but what about the funeral? The funeral is for me – because I’m digging myself an early grave with all this food and stress. I’ll see you in Heaven…

Comments

First off. I think those 5 pieces equaled like maybe 2 real pieces. Why do they give you such tiny pieces at weddings? At least at mine (er…next weekend!) I’ll have mini cupcakes in lieu of cake so people can take 5 and not feel guilty…and by “people” I mean the bride!

My cousin is a red-headed Mexican. Bright bright red. But to be fair, he got the hair color from my uncle, not his mom, and we’re not Mexican (but, we are Jewish and you don’t see too many red-headed Jews out there either)

2. elle says

Hi!!

Been reading your blog for a bit and just wanted to say I loved the 2 dresses you had on for both weddings..super cute! Where are they from?

No worries about the extra cake!! Cake makes everything better!

3. Kat says

As much as I’d love to hear the story behind the second wedding, I’m totally cool with you not wanting to share. But congrats to both happy couples! The looks on their faces say it all :D

And the cake…it’s at a wedding. It totally doesn’t count. And it looks delicious!

4. Ida says

what a crazy and special weekend! All of the food looks amazing, but I am jealous of that salmon. You look great in all the photos- love both dresses.

I’m pretty sure celebration cake spares you from an early grave! There’s a rule. Look it up. :P

Seriously though, it looks like you had a wonderful weekend! And I understand if you don’t want to talk about your parents wedding but it did look like a very happy event! Plus your whole fam is just so cute!!

Dude, you don’t have to explain all your cake eating. You were at multiple events, which means you can eat multiple desserts, but they only count as one. Because you were celebrating, of course! Anyway, you look great in the photos! And you don’t have to explain anything about your parents’ wedding, even though I’m super nosey and would love to know. ;)

Wedding cake doesn’t count because 1) it’s mandatory and 2) those slices are always way too small. If I ever had a real wedding (as opposed to getting married in my mother in laws living room with only 7 guests…er family members…in attendance, I would get a huge cake so that everyone could have big slices.

Congrats to all the happy couples!

8. Kelly Anne says

That pink dress is from Forever 21!?!? What a find! I would have guessed that was BCBG or something. Good score, girl. You look great!

9. Hannah says

That’s kind of cool that your parents got married… or maybe it’s not? Haha I don’t know. Are they getting re-married or were they never married before? Either way, cool! Congrats to your family!

10. Katie P says

Those aren’t pieces of cake, those are slivers! No wonder you had multiple pieces, giving a person a sliver of cake it such a tease!
    You may be stressed but you looked stunning all weekend!

Congrats to your parents :)

You look beautiful in both of those dresses. Don’t worry about the cake. they were less than slivers, your running and working out will negate all of that sugar.

Cake heaven!!! Looks like it was fun and today is a new day! Time to start fresh on the healthiness! And I love wearing pink so glad another redhead does as well! What is up with those people who want to confine us to neutral colors????

I went to a wedding last weekend with my boyfriend. Before they brought out the cake, I took a minute to tell him that if I ate more than a bite of each type of cake (cheesecake and carrot), that I would be complaining about “how much I ate all night.” I then told him that if he didn’t want to hear my bitching, he would keep my cake consumption at bay. He must have slapped my hand away from the cake about 18 times, but I cake out feelin’ great! Sometimes you just need someone to hold you accountable.. I know I do.

Wedding cake is THE best. I’m going to one in September and am so sad that I won’t be able to partake. But weddings are fun in general. Party on!

15. Nicole says

*Great* dresses – and such great pictures from both events!

Thanks for sharing SO MUCH of your life with us (hey, we’re not sharing everything with you – there’s no reason why you should feel obligated to share everything with US, right?? :) ).

Anyway, I’m sure you’ll have no problem running off the cake…. I had a personal trainer who told me his routine for staying healthy: Eat, Sleep, Workout, Repeat. You’re living a healthy life!!

Cheers to a great week Monica!

Wow, superb blog layout! How long have you been blogging for? you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your site is great, let alone the content!. Thanks For Your article about Two Weddings and A Funeral | Run Eat Repeat .