Music Monday–Run Around Monica

Hello and Happy Monday! I started my day with 5 fast miles and a cool down. I felt great which is surprising because my legs were tired last night (randomly because I didn’t exercise). Plus, I have a blister.IMG 5345 800x600 thumb Music Monday–Run Around Monica

Good runs help with good moods, don’t ya think?IMG 5347 600x800 thumb Music Monday–Run Around Monica

6 miles in 51:48 – I felt great the whole time. I credit the 53 pieces of cake I ate this weekend with carb loading me up for this run wlEmoticon winkingsmile22 Music Monday–Run Around MonicaIMG 5350 800x600 thumb Music Monday–Run Around Monica

Music Monday

Fun song that’s not on your ipod…. Run Around Sue!

Question: Share a song that’s not on most running playlists, but should be!

Comments

All of my workout music is pretty typical except for my Group 1 Crew obsession. But while Christian dance/hip hop music isn’t on most people’s radar I love it!

Thanks for the post I am always looking for new songs. I am currently obsessed with irish music – gallaway girl is the best, buti don’t know to many others :(

Careful by Paramore is my favorite “get me pumped up” running song. I always think it’s a sign from God when it comes on during the last five minutes of a run, telling me to sprint. :)

Me being the behind-the-times person I am, cannot share any song for a playlist. I have no iPod. I also can’t seem to run with ear buds in when I steal my manfriend’s iPod, so I’ve given up listening to music while exercising. My playlist consists of annoying thoughts in my head, dogs barking, geese squaking (how the hell do you spell that??) and my feet hitting the pavement.

5. Christy says

That was my favorite oldies song when I was in 5th grade! Did you notice that the audience just sat there? Didn’t even tap their fingers, bob their head, move their shoulders? How sad for the singer! Thanks for reminding me of an oldie but a goodie. :)

I’m loving “Shake Senora” by Pitbull featuring T-Pain and Sean Paul. I love this song because it reminds me of the movie “Beetlejuice” during the scene where the shrimps grab their heads and they dance crazy.

7. Angie says

I have a few randoms on my playlist: “Alone” (the 80s song), “The Story” by Brandy Carlisle, and “Jar of Hearts” by Christina Perri. The rest are mainly rap and hiphop songs.

Reflections by Diana Ross … “Reflections of the way life used to be … reflections of the love you took from me.” I LOVE that song :-)

9. Christin says

New, by No Doubt…actually pretty much any No Doubt song for the most part with a few exceptions for the slower ones like Don’t Speak…it’s the ska beat…bomb diggity!

10. VanessaG says

My playlist contains almost all Contemporary Christian music such as Kutless, Third Day, Casting Crowns, Skillet, and Mandisa, Natalie Grant. I mean what pumps you up more knowing that God is with you every step I run. He gave me my talent and I want to honor him while I use it. Trust me nothing helps more when you feel like you are going to die if I do one more mile repeat than one of the bands listed ablove. It helps me remember Phil. 4:13. :)

11. adriana says

I thought I left this comment earlier, but maybe it didn’t go through. In certain parts of mexico they don’t add hominy to menudo. Maybe that restaurant doesn’t add it?