Run 15 Miles Eat 15 Pancakes

Hello! Today was my long run day. I set out bright and early for 15 miles. Pretty sure I’m still asleep here…IMG 6074 600x800 thumb Run 15 Miles Eat 15 Pancakes

Ben and I are trying to stick to a budget so I can’t buy any more running gear for a while. Bummer. wlEmoticon sadsmile1 Run 15 Miles Eat 15 Pancakes Well, bummer until I remembered I’m a hoarder and found a new running shirt I bought months ago!IMG 6071 600x800 thumb Run 15 Miles Eat 15 Pancakes

My run was really good! It took me about 5 miles to get into a groove, but once I did I just kept it going wlEmoticon smile10 Run 15 Miles Eat 15 Pancakes I didn’t start out too fast (mostly because I was still asleep and couldn’t) and that helped me maintain a good pace instead of getting burnt out.IMG 6084 800x600 thumb Run 15 Miles Eat 15 Pancakes

15 miles – 2:12:05 Average Pace: 8:48

• Mile 12: 8:55
  • Mile 13: 8:52
  • Mile 14: 8:48
  • Mile 15: 8:46

Highlights of the run:

1. Not falling

2. The fact that all my thoughts were “That’s what she said…” appropriate. Examples:

“Ugh. This is hard to swallow.” (in reference to the chews I brought).

“I’m so hot and sweaty, but at least there’s no chafing!”

“I just want to take a nap after this.”

Hey, I run alone so this is the only entertainment I have!

3. Final highlight was that I felt good wlEmoticon smile10 Run 15 Miles Eat 15 Pancakes I really needed a good run after a week of so-so ones!

Remember how the Malibu Half Marathon gave out towels instead of shirts? Well, that’s my go-to shirt to protect my car seat after sweaty runs!IMG 6080 600x800 thumb Run 15 Miles Eat 15 PancakesIMG 6081 600x800 thumb Run 15 Miles Eat 15 Pancakes

Why does it look like I’m staring off to the left? IMG 6082 800x600 thumb Run 15 Miles Eat 15 Pancakes

I came home to freshly made pancakes courtesy of Ben! I was originally craving a smoothie, but couldn’t turn this down. AB added after picture. (Just assume I add nut butter to everything I eat. Even salad.)IMG 6086 800x600 thumb Run 15 Miles Eat 15 Pancakes

Plus, some cereal and melon because I wanted something cold.IMG 6087 800x600 thumb Run 15 Miles Eat 15 Pancakes

Plans for today include Frozen Yogurt and… who cares what else because it’s all about the fro-yo!!!

Comments

1. Amy says

Awesome! I thought of you as I was knocking out my nine miler this morning (and thinking, THANK GAWD I dont have to run as far as Monica)! I hope one day I can run at an 8:48 pace and consider that a good “long run” pace! :-) enjoy the fro yo!

• Summer T says

I totally agree with Amy, my 8 miler at a 10:20 pace was all I could do this morning (humid Indiana morning). A 10 minute mile is speedy for this girl, I can’t imagine maintaining a 8:48 pace!!!! We ran through some sprinklers half way through which helped :) I do love the run these days and part of that is because of this blog, thank you AGAIN!!!!

Great job on the run! :) I think I like your ‘bright and early’ better than my dad’s definition because in yours it’s actually bright outside!…We woke up at 4am this morning for his 15miler in the mountains. I am soo tired right now lol.

ok, A: amazing run, girl!! And B: I just ate a pound of cherries as a post workout snack and thought you should know. I am not a blog stalker :-P

cantaloupe in cereal? i’ve never done melon with cereal before, i think i’m going to have to try it, it sounds like it would be very refreshing.
    everytime you start cranking up your mileage because you are training for a race, i always get super jealous and then immediately sign up for like 5 races…

• sally kate @themoxiegirl says

no i haven’t but i’ve been looking at a few around here- my funds for traveling for races are pretty low this year, and luckily i live in colorado where if you can run up here at a little higher altitude there are plenty of races for you to run in! i’m thinking denver rock n roll in october but that’s the only one i’ve got really on the radar for right now…

Glad you had a great run :) I totally need to throw a towel in my car for after a good workout. I don’t think I want to know what’s living on my seat.

6. mary says

hi!

that was an impressive 15 miler! did you take any walk breaks? i’m a newbie runner and i had my very first 7miler last saturday. btw, i’m loving your blog!

cheers,
    mary

7. Karoline says

Hah yes! I drop “thats what she said” comments aaaall the time. Only around people that don’t judge me of course ;)