Welcome to Run Eat Repeat. I am Monica and I am using running and healthy eating to lose weight and stop dieting! Subscribe to my RSS feed or Email Me for healthy tips.
Cherreroni Yogurt Pizza
by runeatrepeat on July 10, 2011
Hello and Happy Sunday! As you might have figured out, I love cherries and recently heard about a Whole Foods recipe contest using them! I’m totally on board with this (as long as I don’t eat them all first).
The recipe is supposed to be kid friendly so I immediately brainstormed a pizza, but cherries instead of pepperoni – hence the name “Cherreroni” Pizzas.
1. Pit 1 cup of cherries and chop up additional fruits of your choice. I used bananas and honeydew.
2. Toast 4 pitas.
3. Spread 1/4 of the honey flavored yogurt (or flavor of your choice) on a pita.
4. Top with fruit! The kids can help with this step
5. Optional – sprinkle some shredded coconut on top.
The coconut is optional, but does make the pizza look more fun!
6. Cut into slices and serve.
Kid tested and approved.(We have my little brother, Matt, staying with us this weekend.)
After our kid friendly breakfast Matt and I headed to Costco for some essentials (read: watermelon and cheesecake). I wish this life sized bear was an essential, but there’s not room in the budget. Boo.
But to my horror, Costco didn’t have any watermelon?!?!?!!? I know.
So I’m trying to talk myself down now. I’ll see ya later