Shorts, No Buns

Happy Monday! I started my day with a 4 mile run – no Garmin since I just wanted this to be a recovery run. Good thing because I felt slow and confirming it on my watch makes me feel bad wlEmoticon smile23 Shorts, No BunsIMG 0070 800x600 thumb Shorts, No Buns

I also wore shorts again today. Oddly, I have 62 pairs of running shorts but wore this pair again so you guys would think I never wash them.IMG 0072 800x600 thumb Shorts, No Buns

After my Running Hair Must Haves post  a  lot of readers said they put their hair in a bun to run (and not only because it rhymes). I tried it today and it didn’t work. My hair is too heavy and the bun bouncing around fell before mile one. I pulled it down and braided it before continuing.IMG 0076 600x800 thumb Shorts, No Buns

give him his bun back thumb Shorts, No Buns

(nataliedee.com)

A lot of sad news today…

First, I think it’s time to say goodbye to my Long Beach Marathon shoes… Even though I have 4 other pairs of running shoes in rotation right now (not exaggerating) I like to put these on for a spin every now and then, but they’re dead. They’ll be missed.IMG 0073 600x800 thumb Shorts, No Buns

Second bad news… Remember a while back when we got our fridge repaired? We got it from a discount store as a return. So it is a newer fridge that we thought we got a deal on. Nope.

The repair guy said there is something wrong with the freezer and his fix might last a month, might last a year. Well, the initial signs that it’s dying are happening again and it’s not repairable. So, I’m going fridge shopping today.

And tomorrow I’m selling a kidney. Fantastic.

Third sad less-than-happy news… I have a crap ton of oatmeal and oatbran so I tried to make oatbran for breakfast today. Yeah, I just can’t do warm oats. My belly is super full, but my soul is unsatisfied.IMG 0081 800x600 thumb Shorts, No Buns

Monday Mini Goals for 7/18/2011

Training:

• Monday: 4 miles
  • Tuesday: 4 miles and Zumba
  • Wednesday:  8 miles with 4 tempo
  • Thursday: Abs and strength
  • Friday: 10 miles at half pace
  • Saturday: 10K with Melissa!

Eats:

• Plan all snacks and pack them each morning
  • Be picky
  • Be in bed by 9pm and read till sleepy

Got any Monday mini-goals you want to share?

pin it button Shorts, No Buns

Comments

try craigslist for a new fridge. We’ve gotten almost brand new (still with factory warranties) fridges 2x from there instead of paying and arm and a leg for a new one. Might be worth a shot.
    I have the same asics. I’m in love and so sad they are now discontinued. I just don’t know if I trust the new series to be the same.

I agree: you can get some surprisingly good deals using Craigslist. Just make sure you are not buying the refrigerator from a newly divorced woman who just happened to move to Florida and promises ship you the fridge as soon as you wire her your kidney.

• Amy says

Exactly – I have long thick hair and it requires three elastics and a no-slip headband. Doesn’t move all day!!!

I wear my hair in a braid like yours as well when I run. My hair is just too heavy and it bounces around all over my head and then falls out.

We just bought a dryer, ours died a couple weeks ago (and of course laundry is piling up) I too will be selling my first born to upset the cost of said dryer.

I can’t do warm oats either! I’m more of a cold cereal kind of girl, but it works for me. In fact, it kind of plays into one of my own mini-goals that I have – getting enough fiber each day. Sometimes it can be a real challenge to get enough and my bowl of cereal is a huge ally. I hope your day gets better and you successfully tackle all of your own mini-goals today. :)

Monica, you are hilarious! I have been reading your blog regularly for a few months now (on and off for a little over a year? now)

I always wear my hair in a super tight bun when I run… I cannot stand my hair flipping around… i also make sure my shoelaces are not danging in anyway… and I have to wear tight cropped running leggings… it’s like anything free flowing is majorly distracting to me… maybe I should have been a swimmer?? haha.

I too loath refrigerator/freezer problems… I feel ya… they suck. I really think a nice fridge is totally worth the investment. When we buy a house I am going all out with the fridge to make up for all the aggravation I’ve had in the past!

I’m also with you on not being into warm oats…. I love cold food in general. Super cold overnight oats are the bomb.

I look forward to reading more! :)

5. Ally says

Try a ReStore! They are stores run by Habitat for Humanity that sell off household items and appliances to help fund their programs. Go to one in a wealthy neighborhood, and you’ll be amazed at the nice stuff people discard just to upgrade… Lysol it up and you’re good to go!

1. I have those shorts. I wore them this am in fact, and will probably wear them tomorrow too. So I only judge you minimally. 2. Oat bran…my husband makes an oatbran pancake everyday w/ oatbran, greek yogurt and egg whites. WAY healthy, super easy and much better then warm oats. 3. Buns, nope, not while I’m running. Not hanging out of my shorts, or on my head. Now at the beach…that’s when I let my ‘buns’ hang out…

Your goals always make me feel like a slacker (that’s a compliment) and I really need to step up the planning and goals and KEEP ON IT! Otherwise I will just make excuses and still maintain my slacker status!

Great goals! I need to be more specific in my goal setting – And I like your idea of posting them on your blog. I need to publish my goals so I will be more likely follow through! :)

Weird! I’m pretty sure I ran my first marathon in those exact same shoes! They’re still in my closet, but I’m not using them anymore either. I ran in them too long for nostalgia reasons, though, and ended up with sore shins as a result. Almost worth it :)