Eat This Now–Chocolate Sunflower Butter Snack

I’ve been out of Sunflower Seed Butter for a couple weeks and didn’t want to let myself buy any more because I was going through a jar in less than 1 week! But, I caved and got more today. (It’s $3.99 at Trader Joes.)IMG 0132 600x800 thumb Eat This Now–Chocolate Sunflower Butter Snack

Spread a generous amount of sunflower butter on a piece of bread. Sprinkle on some chocolate chips. Melt or toast in a microwave/toaster oven.IMG 0133 600x800 thumb Eat This Now–Chocolate Sunflower Butter Snack

Eat.This.Now.IMG 0136 800x600 thumb Eat This Now–Chocolate Sunflower Butter Snack

I’m going to the Pageant of the Masters tonight! It’s a creepy show where people dress up and pose to recreate famous works of art. I have no idea what to expect, but I’m hoping it’s fun wlEmoticon smile25 Eat This Now–Chocolate Sunflower Butter Snack

Here’s a sneak peak of the fun…image thumb22 Eat This Now–Chocolate Sunflower Butter Snack

I’m thinking about taking my jar of Sunflower Butta as a mid-show snack… I knew buying it was a bad good idea!

Don’t forget – you have till 10pm PST to enter my giveaway!

Comments

I am so addicted to TJ’s sunflower seed butter! I went through 2 jars I had stocked up in the last 2 weeks I think (I’m trying to count). Now I switched to an almond butter jar. I’m trying to remain unbiased, but SSB is really the best!

Have a couple cocktails and I’m sure it’ll make it better & less creepy ;) … in all seriousness, my friend was telling me about it and it sounds really cool! If you have time, go to Rooftop for a couple mojitos first. They are SO good there. My fav is the original and mango. The view is to die for!!

3. Lauren says

I usually stick to almond butter, because I have self-control with it! However, sunflower butter is starting to lure me in!

And that show reminds me of Gilmore Girls and their “Living Art Festival.” Hope all the participants turn off their cellphones!

People say that sunflower butter is heavenly, but I’m too afraid to buy a whole jar and then end up hating it (if it is even possible)!!

I love me some peanut butter, but I just cannot grasp almond butter.

Watching people dress up and pose can be thought of as a fashion show to make it less creepy!

I couldn’t grasp almond butter at first either. Actually, I didn’t like sunflower seed butter the first time and think I tossed out a jar a year ago! Now I’m totally on board. You can’t expect it to taste like PB – that’s the key.

I went to the Pageant of the Masters years ago and I still remember it! I’ve always wanted to go back but it’s a bit of a hike for me. I hope you get to walk around the artist booths too…I still remember walking around on wood chips (so funny what you remember from being like, 8 which is I think how old I was)

6. Jess says

This makes me sound, well, like a creep, but I am SO JEALOUS that you get to go! I’m a Marylander myself & have been reading about/researching the pageant (kind of related to my PhD) for the last couple of years but have not gotten out there to see it in person! I will definitely appreciate a recap if it happens :D (And I hope it’s not too creepy. Though the videos of it on YouTube kind of freak me out…)

that snack needs to be in my belly, immediately. i finally went to a TJ’s for the first time a couple weeks ago. was totally blown away at the $4 price tag for sunflower seed butter! i hadn’t tried it yet bc it costs like $8 everywhere else, but now i’m definitely a fan.

Um, that pageant sounds so cool! I love art and art history so I’d go nerdy for it. They did something like that with paintings on an episode of Gilmore Girls once!

So funny that you wrote about Sunflower Seed butter today. I told myself today that I would NOT replace my jar of Sunflower butter because I’m going through it too fast. I thought I should take a small break from it. Guess what ended up in my shopping cart this afternoon? How did that Sunflower Seed butter get in there?

• Jill says

Oh my goodness, I had no idea that such a thing even existed. I don’t buy pistachios for the simple reason that I would have to just chow down until they were all gone. PB sounds just heavenly. Trader Joe’s?

Maybe you are overeating the sunflower butter because your mind thinks you are not going to get it again for a long time. Maybe stock an unlimited amount of it, so that your mind knows that you can have it whenever you want. Then it won’t be a forbidden food anymore. The power is gone.

Okay, sorry for the lecture, but it was really for myself!!!

No, I’m overeating it because it tastes good and I’m a compulsive eater. I don’t have any “bad” or “off limits” foods. I just like to eat. A lot. It’s unfortunate.

11. Lorin says

I seriously have sunflower butter at least 3 times a day in some form. Either as part of breakfast or as a dip of my finger. No one else eats it, so I’m okay with that. But yeah, it’s addicting. :)