Seeded Watermelon

When I first cut into this watermelon I got a little scared – it has black things in it?! Oh no, it’s just seeds. Okay.Wait. Seeds?! Boo.IMG 7216 800x533 thumb Seeded Watermelon

Don’t worry I’ll still eat the whole thing (seeds and all) by Friday Wednesday.

I cannot even tell you the last time I got a watermelon with seeds. Isn’t that weird though?

I showed up to work this morning bright and early and it turns out they had my shift wrong in the book?! I am not supposed to go in until 3:30pm. What a bust.

So, I ran a quick errand and headed back home to do blog work. I’m extra happy because I have a ton of emails piling up too!

Lunch was salad topped with chickpeas, a few chicken-less nuggets and peanut dressing.IMG 7218 800x533 thumb Seeded Watermelon

Simple and satisfying. IMG 7221 800x533 thumb Seeded Watermelon

This salad is my favorite, but I’m still dreaming about that Tuna topped Cobb from yesterdaydolphins love tuna thumb Seeded Watermelon(nataliedee.com)

Ben and I have recently decided to get on a track with a real budget. Our new grocery budget is fairly big compared to many others in the blogworld (100 a week for 2 people). But since I’m new to this whole thing I’ve been discovering ways to save.

I have started meal planning so I can then make a grocery list and (try to) stick to it!

I’m also huge on “Manager’s Specials” and made 2 big scores today! This will be dinner. Okay, not just this – but these will make up the main components.IMG 7228 800x533 thumb Seeded Watermelon Getting stuff on sale makes me happy.

Comments

Score on the goods!!! What grocery store is that stuff from? In Indiana we had managers specials at Kroger but we don’t have that store here in SE Georgia so I haven’t seen those stickers and it kinda makes me sad!

2. Christin says

Girl, we gotta get you couponing! (before you go judging me as a crazy coupon lady, yes I do have a binder with coupons, but no I don’t spend rediculous amounts of time hunting for coupons, I’ve never dumpster dove, etc and my grandma sends me like half he ones I ‘find’ lol) If you buy what is on sale by saving the grocery store ads they send every week and then combine that with a few coupons here and there it’ll cut your grocery bill in half, seriously! it’s really easy to do…

• Christin says

you are correct in that the majority of the coupons out there are for junk, but the trick is to go to the manufacturers websites, such as fage and chobani for yogurt, bird’s eye for frozen veggies, driscoll’s for berries, etc…. if you have a whole foods around where you are, they put out thier own store and manufacturers coupons as well…they are definitely out there, you just have to go to the brand directly ;)

3. adriana says

your Ralphs seems to have a lot of managers specials. Mine doesn’t! I guess it comes with it being on Firestone & lakewood…

I thought I grew seedless watermelons this year and didn’t! THAT was a shock too. I’d kind of forgotten that’s the way they come :)

You’re right about them not having coupons for produce and protein which is seriously disappointing. Maybe if we all make a big fuss they’ll start offering them?

Your food budget sounds really reasonable to me, or maybe I’m just looking for justification because that’s what I spend per week for me and my husband (and a four year old every other week). Fresh produce makes up 65% to 75% of my weekly spend and I usually try to stick to stuff that’s on sale!

We have a $100 a week grocery budget for 2 people, but we also vow to eat all 3 meals at home with that budget. Part of budgeting is also being realistic. You should TOTALLY come to my presentation at the HLS on Budgeting for a Healthy Lifestyle. :) LoL, no plug intended there or anything. :)

Um I just have to say your Pumpkin pudding with pumpkin, greek yogurt and butterscotch pudding is GENIOUS! I’ve had it 3 times in 2 day. yeah, addicting. Thanks Monica!
    Keep the cool recipes coming!

8. Sarah @ Sarah's Modern Bites says

Managers specials are the bomb when they actually apply to good food you want to buy! Every attempt I have made at meal planning and shopping accordingly has failed. Epically. I am constantly changing my mind. Good luck!!! :)

9. Ida says

I think your food budget sounds reasonable. That gives each of you about $7 a day for food from home- I can spend more than that on a fro yo trip!