I ran 19 miles this morning! And my body is traumatized. Running almost 3 hours solo is mentally tough and physically exhausting so I’m proud of myself because it wasn’t easy to push through but I did it!!!
19 Miles – 2:48:20 – Average Pace: 8:51
- Mile 1 – 8:42 *Note: the first 7 miles are slightly down hill hence the faster start.
- Mile 2 – 8:30
- Mile 3 – 8:39
- Mile 4 – 8:37
- Mile 5 – 8:42
- Mile 6 – 8:42
- Mile 7 – 8:46 *Gu
takensavored like it was a chocolate bar
- Mile 8 – 8:49
- Mile 9 – 8:52 *Decided this will be my last marathon. At least for a very long time.
- Mile 10 – 8:55
- Mile 11 – 9:00
- Mile 12 – 9:05 *Came up with an idea for raising money for victims of drug violence in Mexico
- Mile 13 – 8:56
- Mile 14 – 8:54 *Another Gu somewhere around here, who knows?
- Mile 15 – 9:06
- Mile 16 – 9:06
- Mile 17 – 9:01 *Break here to call Ben and ask him to pick me up
- Mile 18 – 8:59
- Mile 19 – 8:49 *If this was the race I’d only have 7 miles to go. FML.
My bodybugg said I burned 1798 calories from running 19 miles. Nice!
That number is pretty consistent with what I tell clients and readers – “You burn about 100 calories per mile.”
Speed doesn’t matter either, if you’re running or walking – 3 miles will burn about 300 calories.
Please don’t tell me you’re body is used to running and doesn’t burn as much anymore. I’ve been running 7 years. This is my fourth marathon training session. Your body is no more used to it than mine (plus, I’m built to make babies not run so my body holds on to every calorie and ounce of fat it can).
I also went crazy at the hot foods bar! Luckily, they still had breakfast out and were just switching to lunch so I got the best of both! That lower left over is piece of different breads from the dessert bar too! Best decision I ever made was putting a hunk of chocolate chip banana bread in this thing!
I ate my food on the way home and got into the shower as soon as I got back. Unfortunately, I couldn’t make myself take an ice bath. Boo.
I need a nap…
Join the 21 Day Run Camp now!
Do you want to run faster, stronger or longer? Join in!