No Que Dippy Eggs

My schedule as a personal trainer is different from the normal 8 to 5 so I’ve had to adjust my eating accordingly. If I have a client at or after 6pm I eat dinner super early bird special style. That happens 4 days a week lately, so I’m already used to  this wlEmoticon smile25 No Que Dippy Eggs

Today it was an egg sandwich with green bean “fries”. The spread is  Laughing Cow garlic and tons of ketchup. IMG 7733 800x533 thumb No Que Dippy Eggs

I made an over easy egg for maximum runny yolk-age. But, I have to say – I never called them “dippy eggs” and don’t get if that’s a blogger thing or a childhood thing?IMG 7736 800x533 thumb No Que Dippy Eggs

When I have dinner early like that I make a big dessert. Ha! Who am I kidding? I always have dessert wlEmoticon winkingsmile14 No Que Dippy EggsIMG 7704 800x533 thumb1 No Que Dippy Eggs

I don’t have any good “treats” in my house. Maybe that’s a good thing because I feel super snacky tonight? But, I just made a bowl of oatmeal to keep my mouth busy. It was no chocolate chip cookie…

Comments

I’d never heard of “drippy” eggs until I started reading blogs- they’re definitely “runny” to me :P eggs + Laughing Cow = creamy goodness [especially on a TJ's whole wheat cinnamon raisin English muffin]!

2. Becca says

I’m from England and we call soft-boiled eggs “Dippy eggs” and you eat it by dipping strips of toast in it (we call these soldiers). Probably a childish thing but I still call it dippy egg and soldiers now and I’m 22. :)

ooooh okay…maybe it’s a British thing then…because my husband calls them dippy eggs and his mom was born in England and then he was the first of his family born in the States…that would make sense!

How do you make your “green beans” fries? I was feeling very snacky last night as well, and unfortunately my house was full of snacks (bad call on my part during Sunday’s grocery shopping trip). Oh well, today is a new day (hopefully with no snack attacks :))

4. Kelsey says

I’ve called them “dippy eggs” since I was little :) I would go to my grandma’s every summer and insist she make them for me every single morning for breakfast

5. Lisa says

I’ve always called them fried eggs… But I will admit as a young kid I used to make up my own words, and I called katsup (and any type of sauce for dipping) “dip and do.” heh :)

Oh my goodness I love oatmeal with peanut butter in it! and sometimes even a packet of hot chocolate mixed it! haha is that terrible that I try to make my oatmeal taste like a peanut butter cup??? Everything in balance right!
    PS I totally agree about ketchup on the eggs…definitely the only way to eat them :-)

Not only do we share an affinity for massively large salads, but I see today that you also love ketchup. I, myself, am a condiment fanatic and can’t do without a bottle of Heinz in my fridge at all times. Love it.

-Sara-

8. Brianne says

I’m from Pennsylvania, and one side of my family is Pennsylvania Dutch, and that’s DEFINITELY a PA Dutch thing (and used by other people in PA and MD, at least-those are the only places for which I can speak). I’m not sure where you heard it, but maybe that has something to do with it!

Haha! My husband always calls over easy eggs “dippy eggs” because he eats them with a piece of toast and dips the toast in the “dippy part” as he calls it. I had never called them that before I knew him, so I guess it must be a childhood thing of sorts…how funny that you should mention that!

I love ‘dippy eggs’ and for me it’s totally a childhood thing. I never knew they were called sunny side up until I was like 16, they were just dippy eggs to me. I sometimes have to keep myself from asking for them that way in restaurants.
    When I saw other people calling them that on their blogs I didn’t feel so self-conscious calling them that. :)

My Grandma (who is not British like other commenters have mentioned) called them dip-dip eggs when I was growing up because you eat them by dipping your toast into the yolk. Dip-dip eggs are still my second favorite (after the “ruined” hard-boiled ones).