3 Miles at 4am

Hello from the air! I am currently 30,000 feet up in the air on my way to Philadelphia for the Healthy Living Summit.

I had to be at the airport at 5:45am so the sane thing to do was skip my run.

But, this wouldn’t be “Run Eat Repeat” if I didn’t run too much and eat too much as well wlEmoticon winkingsmile16 3 Miles at 4am

I woke up at 4am for 3.5 easy miles. But, it was so dark I went a lot faster than I intended! I’m scared of the dark.IMG 7750 800x600 thumb 3 Miles at 4am

Last night I packed up my bag of food so all I had to do is grab it this morning. I have a wrap, PB&J, apple and bell pepper strips for later.IMG 7752 800x600 thumb 3 Miles at 4am

And I ate my Overnight Oats in a Jar on the way to the airport. Is it me or is the drive to the airport tense? I’m always on edge that I’m late or going to miss my flight.IMG 7755 600x800 thumb 3 Miles at 4am

Today my worries weren’t completely unfounded since the security line at the Orange County Airport (John Wayne) were crazy long! Normally it’s the best, easiest place to fly from. I don’t know what was the deal today.

But, I’m on my first flight! I had a layover before I make it all the way.IMG 7756 800x600 thumb 3 Miles at 4am

And I just got the newest Runner’s World in the mail for my reading pleasure.IMG 7757 600x800 thumb 3 Miles at 4am

Hallmark sent me this picture I took at Blogher. You were supposed to fill in the blank “X is a special occasion”.

I said “Running” because I thought “Eating” would be too weird. But it’s a tie.image thumb16 3 Miles at 4am

Now it’s your turn to fill in the blank…

_________________ is a special occasion.

Comments

Giiiiirllll HLS is a special occasion!!! Ahahah seee you soon! I’m like 9 miles away according to Mr. Australian GPS, so I am jittery excited to see errbody! I woke up early today to workout too — the drive was so scary in the dark with no one around! Have a safe flight girliepants <3

Vacation is a special occassion. Unfortunately, mine is over :(

You’re so fast…3.5 miles in 30 minutes!

Also I would go through OC than LAX any day…I have taken wayyy too many flights through there and everytime something went wrong :(

I agree with Kathryn! Friday night is a special occasion!

Side note:
    I know I told you before I love your blog, but really, I LOVE IT. Haha! I was running about 4 times a week, and then had to have knee surgery. I am on month 3 and I hope in about another month my knee is strong enough to run again! Your blog just inspires me so much! I tell my boyfriend all the time, “oh I read this on her blog.” Yup, total blog stalker! lol :) Have a fun weekend!

4. Candice says

I fly out of John Wayne airport a lot and I don’t know what has been going on lately, but the lines have been super long! Have fun on your trip! Love your blog!!

5. Lea says

Sleeping thru the night. With a toddler and baby on way I’m either peeing or putting someone back to sleep 4-5 times a night.

Haha, I’m pretty sure I would sprint a run in the dark too. No lie, when I’m coming out of our dark basement, I gun it up those stares like crazy and take a quick look back when I’m up. Yes, I’m a wimpy 5-year-old girl on the inside.

Running pain-free is a special occasion.

I wake up early [sometimes at 4AM] but I never have enough energy to go for a run- I guess ya gotta do what ya gotta do! Motivation at its finest ;)

“The first day of school” is a special occasion! School starts in 3 weeks and I’m no longer the student, I’m the teacher [gah, nervous]!