Change of (Workout) Plan

Good Morning! I had 8 miles on my training plan today, but realized I haven’t taken a 100% day off from running since Thursday. So, I’m adjusting my schedule.

I ended up doing 4 miles today:IMG 8054 800x600 thumb Change of (Workout) Plan

And completely changed my plan for the rest of the week.

Monday: Easy 5

Tuesday: 4 miles and Strength

Wednesday: Spin, Abs

Thursday: 8 mile tempo

Friday: Strength and a class

Saturday: Long Run

I wore my new yellow shirt that Champion sent me for my run. I am LOVING the color yellow lately so I was excited when I got this! I like that it has a v-neck that’s not very low and the fit is streamlined without being tight. ( For reference if you’re interested in this top: This is a Medium (as is the sports bra), I wear a Large in the bottoms.)IMG 8052 800x600 thumb Change of (Workout) Plan

They also sent a wick-wear hoodie. I appreciate when workout clothes are cut longer in the mid-section. I hate feeling like I have to keep pulling at it to keep it from showing my belly.IMG 8058 800x600 thumb Change of (Workout) Plan

(Champion sent me a bunch of workout clothes as part of their Ambassador program. My reviews are always my own opinion.)

Protein Pumpkin Pancakes are back! (Yes, they were only really gone for 4 days but that’s a long time in my world.)IMG 8063 800x533 thumb Change of (Workout) Plan

Pancakes are better with sprinkles on top – chia sprinkles in this case.IMG 8066 800x533 thumb Change of (Workout) Plan

Question: Do You Prefer Rainbow or Chocolate sprinkles?

Comments

Those Champion workout clothes are so cute! I love the hoodie. Does it have thumbholes? That’s my favorite part of workout hoodies! I prefer chocolate sprinkles, but sprinkles in general sort of freak me out. Happy Tuesday!

Totally not a sprinkles chick. I love me some mini chocolate chips instead. But chia seeds? Great substitute!

The hoodie looks really comfortable and I love the white piping. I agree about being cut long in the mid-section. I don’t want to look at my belly while I’m running and I’m sure no one else does either.

I always buy longer length tanks and tops for running… I also can’t stand when you keep feeling as though you are pulling your shirt down… it’s very distracting!

Choco sprinkles all the way! I am from MA and growing up chocolate sprinkles were always called jimmies… which I have learned is really not an nice term to use for chocolate sprinkles…. I called them jimmies all the time growing up. Crazy!

Anyway… Whenever I order soft serve I always load up with choco sprinkles… like almost more sprinkles than ice cream. SO GOOD.

I prefer no sprinkles. Which I know, must mean I’m insane. But I never understood the appeal, it’s not like they even really taste like anything!

I love, love that shirt! Finding V-necks that aren’t cut ridiculously low is never easy. And I always have problems with shirt length. Either they are too short, or they are so ridiculously long. In fact, I find it funny that I have the too long problem most often when I have an abnormally long torso!

5. Margaret C says

I’m not a bit sprinkles fan because I can’t actually taste them, but if I had to choose, it would be chocolate. Chocolate makes everything better! :)

Just curious; how tall are you?

A little of both?! Now that I think about it, rainbow sprinkles don’t usually have brown [or chocolate] mixed in- not part of the rainbow I guess :P

Rainbow of course! my favorite running top is actually Champion, as are ALL of my sports bras. I think they make the best sports bras for women with a little more up top! I’m a 34D and their 360 bra is my favorite!

I like chocolate sprinkles on the INSIDE of the cone (make the swirl with a large enough hole in the middle)…then you don’t just eat all the sprinkles and get stuck with the boring ice cream.

Not a sprinkle person, but I do love powdered sugar.

I had a question about your training. Are you doing Long Beach? I know you did the full marathon last year. I did the half and liked the course. How would you describe the full course? I know there is a slight incline as you go up to CSULB but overall it’s pretty flat. Do you incorporate any hill training? Or include include hills in your long runs?

Exactly like you said – pretty flat except for the hill near CSULB. I am not incorporating any hill training on purpose. I have a slight hill near my house which I run because I hafta – but I wouldn’t seek it out if I wasn’t here. I don’t think you need to do hill training for this race. It helps the cause, but I hate it too much to make myself.

Thanks! I can’t really avoid hills especially during long runs. I live near neighborhoods with “hills” and “heights” in the names. I can run flatter routes, but the hills/heights areas are more runner friendly. I figure the extra hill training can’t hurt.