Peach Cobbler and Egg Patty Tip

Happy Friday!!! I decided not to run today to keep my legs fresh for tomorrows loooooong run.

Last night I was contemplating dessert when I realized the peaches I bought are not sweet, but were going bad. I decided to cook up an impromptu peach cobbler.

IMG 8177 800x533 thumb Peach Cobbler and Egg Patty Tip

But since I am not a butcher, baker or candle stick maker I just made it up.

1.  I cut up the peaches and layered them on the bottom of a pie pan sprinkled with brown sugar.

2. I made a batter out of: 1/3c melted butter, 1/3c brown sugar, 1 egg, 1/2c  flour (add more to thicken to batter), dash cinnamon, salt, baking powder, baking soda. Mixed and poured on top.

3. Then, I baked it at 350 for 20 minutes. And Bob’s your uncle.IMG 8182 800x533 thumb Peach Cobbler and Egg Patty TipI have a strict policy that fruit is NOT dessert. So this was just a snack wlEmoticon winkingsmile23 Peach Cobbler and Egg Patty TipIMG 8188 800x533 thumb Peach Cobbler and Egg Patty Tip

This morning I am planning on hitting the gym for some strength stuff. So, I ate breakfast first. It was probably all that peach cobbler I ate last night, but I was not feeling pancakes this morning?!

I made an egg patty in the microwave with toast.

IMG 8196 800x533 thumb Peach Cobbler and Egg Patty Tip

Added egg patty tip – put a mug of water in the microwave with the egg. This helps steam it so it doesn’t dry out or get too rubbery. IMG 8191 800x533 thumb Peach Cobbler and Egg Patty Tip

god bless america Peach Cobbler and Egg Patty Tip
www.nataliedee.com

I have another doctor’s appointment today because that thing on my foot never really went away. It’s near my mom’s so I’m trekking down there after the gym.

Question: What’s one thing you’re doing today to make it a Fantastic Friday?!

Me: I’m going to call my BFF. (Answer the phone Cin!)

Comments

Wearing men’s deodorant. I kid you not. Old Spice Fiji is where it’s at. I get distracted by how good it smells. (Please don’t judge me :) )

On friday’s my youngest daughter and I go dumpster diving at the recycling center for coupons. Its like an easter egg hunt for free gum and bbq sauce!

I had NO idea that you could do that with an egg to make it not taste like a rubber band!!! I’ll have to try that next time!

Since we’re supposed to get hit by Irene this weekend, I am definitely NOT going to the beach but rather I just got back from the grocery store where not a piece of bread or bottle of water was in sight.

Lunch with my mom and drinks with a friend after work! Got my run out of the way this morning, so I can enjoy a relaxing Friday evening!

That’s about how I make cobblers and crisps too. It’s getting on apple season up here in the north, so crisps are definitely on the radar :)

Thanks for the egg patty tip! I’ll use that. :-)

Tonight after work I’m meeting a friend for drinks; I’m pretty psyched about that. It’s the simple things in life.

6. Elena G. says

Hay, if you ever want to mix it up, egg sam-wich wise…

Spray some pam in a small bowl.
    Crack egg into bowl.
    Stab yolk with fork (so it doesn’t blow up).
    Stick in microve, covered with a paper towel, for 30 seconds (if you like it all oozy like me).
    When the bell dings, slap a piece of cheese on real quick and cover it up with the paper towel.
    All the while your bread has been crisping up in the toaster, of course..
    Put the cheese, eggs, and bread away to stall while the cheese gets melty…
    Slide egg and melty cheese onto toasty bread. Oozy egg and cheese sam-wich!

This takes 2 minutes if you do it like an olympian :)

You could definitely see your skills within the paintings you write. My wedding. The arena hopes for even more passionate writers like you who are not afraid to mention how they believe. At all times follow your heart.

8. Jenn says

How did you even figure that out about the egg patty and the water?! haha that made me smile. LOTS of experimentation I see :)

Finally, a way to make the egg patty not “pop”! I always would cook it for 30 sec, swirl it, and cook it again until done- aka I heard a “pop”!