I’m Thick Like My Smoothies

Hello! I don’t know what compelled me to buy blue eyeliner last week, but I decided to give it a test run today.IMG 8266 600x800 thumb I’m Thick Like My Smoothies

I thought it was a little weird at first, but I think I like it wlEmoticon smile40 I’m Thick Like My SmoothiesIMG 8260 600x800 thumb I’m Thick Like My Smoothies

I think the key is to make everything else neutral so you don’t look like a hoochie. But, if you are a hooch definitely lay it on thick – how else you gonna advertise?IMG 8265 600x800 thumb I’m Thick Like My Smoothies

Today we had a big end of summer party at work. I was signed up to do demos of my 2nd favorite piece of equipment  – the Bosu!IMG 8272 800x600 thumb I’m Thick Like My Smoothies

Side Note Sharing: We were supposed to wear a different uniform because of the party, but I didn’t know. So, when I got there my boss tried to find me an extra shirt, but all she had were “Small”. Yeah, not going to happen (my original shirt was a Large). Then, my co-worker came in with the same problem and slipped the shirt on no problem. Story of my life.

It’s not a big deal, I just wanted to point it out because I’m always dismissed when I say something about wanting to lose weight or being bigger than my friends. I just don’t want my feelings to be discounted because I’m not unhealthy.

Anyways, back to the party… We had food IMG 8275 800x600 thumb I’m Thick Like My Smoothies

and amazingly cute cutlery.IMG 8278 600x800 thumb I’m Thick Like My Smoothies

Before work I made an extra thick smoothie. I think I forgot how much water to add because it’s never this thick!IMG 8245 800x533 thumb I’m Thick Like My Smoothies

IMG 8250 800x533 thumb I’m Thick Like My Smoothies

I topped it with cereals and called devoured.IMG 8252 800x533 thumb I’m Thick Like My Smoothies

Remember that HUGE loaf of bread I bought yesterday evening after Zumba? Yeah, I finished it off tonight. I also had some spaghetti and egg scramble, but the main event was the bread!IMG 8285 800x533 thumb I’m Thick Like My SmoothiesIt was the Roasted Garlic loaf from La Brea Bakery and I’m pretty sure I ate 9 cloves of garlic. I will happily reek for this bread.IMG 8288 800x533 thumb I’m Thick Like My Smoothies

Okay, I’ve gotta fold this pile of clothes I’m sitting on! image thumb21 I’m Thick Like My SmoothiesSee ya later.

Comments

I totally get the shirt thing. All my friends are smaller than me and its tough when we’re shopping to see them pick out pants that I could never put on. But I also know a lot of my size has to do with muscle, so I’m kind of ok with it.

New reader! Love your blog and love you. You are absolutely adorable!

I am totally the same way with shirts. When I saw photos of the stack of shirts at the HLS, it was very obvious the small and extra small piles were about a MILLION times higher than the larger sizes. It made me sad.

I don’t know how my blender handles it – because it’s not a fancy one at all! I’m sure it’s going to explode on me one day. But for now it powers through!

This thick girl appreciates that smoothie. I feel like I could jump through the screen and slurp it!

I’ve been rocking blue and gold eyeliner (not at the same time, although maybe that would be awesome?) because it makes me feel special on blah days.

I feel the same way: I totally hate it when people disregard my feelings when I say I need to lose weight, then put on clothes that are three sizes smaller than what I can even pretend to try on (and by “people,” I mean my sisters). Although, I’m totally guilty of looking at your pictures and disregarding your feelings because I think you look great. :)

I have lost almost 60 lbs, but am still about 15 overweight and people get all shocked when I say that I am still wanting to lose. The goal is not skinny, but it is healthy. I just have to do what I have to do. I am not doing anything drastic to lose weight, simple healthy eating and exercise. No cause for alarm!

I like my smoothies thick too!

Monica… I think you have a fabulous attitude regarding focusing on being healthy rather than skinny. If you’re healthy, I believe the rest will follow. I look it like this… running and eating well make me feel happy and energized which in turn makes me healthy and puts my body in a place it wants to be! :-D

That smoothie you made is like the perfect texture… looks like a green sundae!

lol, love the Jersey Shore comic.

Now that’s my kind of smoothie! I love adding avocados to my smoothies because it makes them thick like pudding. That’s what I’m talking about!

8. Christina says

I think you look fabulous but I can understand that you might wish to lose some more weight regardless. Not everyone is meant to be a size small. I really do need to lose some weight but there is no way I will ever wear a small shirt. The girls need a lot more room than that… :D

9. Kristin says

I completely get the shirt thing! I work out way more than all of my friends but am still no where near as tiny. A few years ago when I did lose quite a bit of weight (from horrific eating habits I might add) a coworker randomly told me “Honey, you have latina hips and if you get any skinnier you’re going to look funny.” Umm, thanks?! Don’t know if it helps but it always makes me laugh :)

I’m Thick Like My Smoothies | Run Eat Repeat I was suggested this web site by my cousin. I’m not sure whether this post is written by him as no one else know such detailed about my trouble. You are wonderful! Thanks! your article about I’m Thick Like My Smoothies | Run Eat RepeatBest Regards Nick

I’m Thick Like My Smoothies | Run Eat Repeat I was recommended this website by my cousin. I’m not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my problem. You are amazing! Thanks! your article about I’m Thick Like My Smoothies | Run Eat Repeat Best Regards Lisa Justin

I’m Thick Like My Smoothies | Run Eat Repeat I was recommended this blog by my cousin. I’m not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my difficulty. You’re amazing! Thanks! your article about I’m Thick Like My Smoothies | Run Eat RepeatBest Regards Agata