Monday Mini Goals–August 29

Hello and Happy Monday! Despite my tiring day of Zumba training I stayed up late to watch the MTV Music Video Awards. Listening to Adele sing hurts my heart – but in a good way, you know?

I woke up this morning feeling okay – my neck is a little better, but my IT band is super stiff. So, I’m going to skip the run today and take a leisurely walk with a magazine. Then, I’ll make myself stretch.IMG 8234 533x800 thumb Monday Mini Goals–August 29

I had some of Ben’s soy chorizo while deciding what I wanted for breakfast. I ended up polishing off the pineapple cottage cheese with oatmeal, cereal, sunflower seed butter and almond milk. Odd combo, but delicious.IMG 8228 800x533 thumb Monday Mini Goals–August 29

Monday Mini-Goals for August 29, 2011

Workout plan:

• Monday: Walk, stretch, abs
  • Tuesday: 9 mile tempo
  • Wednesday: 5 miles & Zumba
  • Thursday: Strength training
  • Friday: Yoga or Zumba
  • Saturday: Long Run
  • Sunday: Rest, rest, rest

Eating plan:

• Lots of water (it’s been warmer here!)
  • Pre-plan and track day
  • Lay off the booze

Life plan:

• Organize emails, receipts and mail
  • Get in bed by 9pm
  • Review 2011 goals

I don’t have to be into work until 2pm, but I have a pile of emails, writing projects and a conference call to fill up my time! See ya later wlEmoticon smile39 Monday Mini Goals–August 29

What are your goals for this week?

pin it button Monday Mini Goals–August 29

Comments

In addition to the goal of getting up and fitting in some cardio every morning before work, I want to clean out my closet and sell/and or donate the items I want to get rid of.

Good luck meeting your goals! Sounds totally do-able :)

Did you know your magazine cover photo is considered scandalous in my neighborhood?

Yeah… I didn’t either. At the grocery store this week I found Shape and Oxygen with MODESTY PANELS covering them! Seriously. I wish I was making this up.

• Melodie says

Publix covers up most fitness magazines if the model is in a bikini. And, honestly, I am glad. But, I am glad becuase I have a teenage son. I do not like waiting in line with him at the grocery store with half naked women staring at us ;)

My goals for this week are to stay on track with 3 days of strength training (I’m just not a fan) and to not stress this week. Last week was insane and I know another week of high stress will make me sick. Can’t afford that during marathon training!

Don’t have enough money to buy a building? You should not worry, because that is real to get the loans to solve such problems. Therefore get a financial loan to buy everything you want.

My only goal is to finish getting stuff for my outfit for the wedding I have to go to this weekend. Still have to get some accessories, although I finally got a dress and shoes. Once I can get through the wedding, I can breathe again!

6. Laura says

My goals for this week:
    To go to 4 classes this week + burlesque practice
    To drink more water and eat home cooked meals yum
    To do some business research and goals for my business

I love Shape! I have to wait a long time for my subscription to arrive though – it has to come all the way to Ireland :)

I’m doing my first race in a few weeks time so my goals are to stay consistent with my training, improve my time and pay extra attention to my diet.

8. Tina says

My IT band is killing me too! I was suppose to run 14 miles yesterday but due to Hurricane Irene I was forced indoors to the treadmill. After 6 miles I had to stop because the IT band had enough. I went to stretch it out and it said no. I’ll think of you tomorrow when I run 10.

Have you had Ben use a rolling pin (the one for baking) to roll over your itb? I have used foam roller but nothing works better than someone using a rolling pin over the itb.

9. Pam says

Good luck with your goals Monica! :)

BTW did you like the “help?”

Goals this week…
    Running – hit runs closer to GP for Maui…(it’s getting closer), get to the track for mile repeats
    Family – make meals at home at least 4x this week…(go out on a limb and try a new recipe!) :)
    and go to bed earlier!! :)