Drink Your Pie

Traveling to Blogher and HLS coupled with marathon training has put a big damper on date night with Ben. So we decided to have a mid-week date. We walked to a local Peruvian place.

Unfashionable Tip: If you ever wonder what’s on sale at Target this week. Check to see if I have anything new. Today’s clearance find is that messenger bag.IMG 8381 800x600 thumb Drink Your Pie

If you’ve had Peruvian food you know that the green sauce they give you to start is amazing. I drank it straight from the bottle after the bread was gone.IMG 8384 800x600 thumb Drink Your Pie

Ben got the beef heart as an appetizer. That is super adventurous to me!IMG 8387 800x600 thumb Drink Your Pie

I got the soup and salad. The salad was boring. The bean soup was delicious! IMG 8390 800x600 thumb Drink Your Pie

I stole a few bites of Ben’s saltado de mariscos. IMG 8393 800x600 thumb Drink Your Pie

On they way home I suggested we pass by Sonic to see if anything jumped out at me for dessert.

I was scouring the menu when a sign caught my eye – I literally gasped like I spotted Santa on Christmas morning! My mind was made up –

Pumpkin Pie Shake!!!IMG 8395 800x600 thumb Drink Your Pie

I got it without whipped cream because I think it’s a waste. Ben thinks that is sad.But they still topped it with extra pie crust (the best part of the pie!).IMG 8397 800x600 thumb Drink Your Pie

I knew I was in Heaven wlEmoticon winkingsmile28 Drink Your PieIMG 8398 600x800 thumb Drink Your Pie

I will be recreating this tomorrow (and everyday there after).

pin it button Drink Your Pie

Comments

Oooh, I can’t wait to hear more about your recreated version as well. There’s a Sonic about 5-6 miles away from me over in Fullerton, but I have a feeling that shake is more calories than I probably want to “spend” on it. ;) I make Pumpkin Pie smoothies occasionally to satisfy my pie shake cravings.

Oooh, I can’t wait to see the recreation! I loveee pumpkin anything :) I’ve never been to a Peruvian restaurant- what’s the green sauce?! Like a pesto?

Oooh, a pumpkin pie shake! Sounds delicious. I’m with you, though. Whipped cream is a waste. Glad you and Ben had the opportunity to spend some time together!

that. shake. looks. amazing.

I can’t believe all the pumpkin stuff that is already out! It has definitely been cooling down, but it doesn’t feel ready for fall just yet :-).

I agree on the whipped cream, except when it comes on a mocha. Then I eat it all off the top with a spoon, haha.

PUMPKIN IS EVERYWHERE!!! (cannot wait to see your own pumpkin shake creation!) Seriously, it’s like September 1st hit and BAM its’s all Fall stuff everywhere you go! Autumn is my favorite season by far but when I walked into Pier One yesterday and saw a huge HALLOWEEN display… that was pushing it. Halloween is two months away! I feel like once it’s October 1st the Holidays just start coming by one after the other like on a conveyor belt or something…. like multiple holiday pies, one after the other.

I have had way too much coffee this morning.

6. D says

Haha, typical blogger pumpkin dessert!

How do you balance treats like that in your diet? Do you share with Ben? Cut back in other areas? Or just enjoy it and not do anything different?

7. Shanna says

OMG – is it fall/the holiday season already?!?! Please post the recipe for your recreated shake because it sounds delish and there’s no Sonic where I live! And I agree -whip cream is a waste (I’d rather eat my calories in cookie form!).

I totally find whipped cream to be a waste. It just takes away from whatever is truly awesome beneath it. UNLESS that thing is actual pumpkin pie. Then whipped cream just takes to a whole new level!

i have to agree with ben when it comes to whipped cream. i’m obsessed with the stuff. if we have it in the house and don’t have ice creams…i just put a bunch in a mug and eat it plain. yes i’m crazy. i also top my green monsters with it :)

you can see why i don’t buy it that often…

CURSE MICHIGAN FOR NOT HAVING SONIC ANYWHERE NEAR ME! I am sooooooooooooo jealous and sad!!!!! Needless to say this will be my first stop when I got there next month! Please enjoy one for me!!!

11. Marcee ..... ! says

Ohgosh. Very strange that I always thought SONIC was a pretend burger joint. Ha! We do not have those here. Will Google it.

What did Ben order???? NO! Gee. Can’t believe he would eat that.

On the other hand, Monica, I hope the bean soup was not made w/beef bones and other similar (ugh) animal parts. I cannot stomach it. Think about it. Anything.

Love your keen sense of humor + posts! One of my 10 top very fun blogs to cheer anyone up. Minus cow meat. As you would say …. BOO.

Throughout this great scheme of things you’ll get an A for effort. Exactly where you actually confused me ended up being on the facts. As they say, the devil is in the details… And it could not be much more correct right here. Having said that, permit me reveal to you just what exactly did give good results. The article (parts of it) is highly convincing and this is probably the reason why I am taking the effort to comment. I do not really make it a regular habit of doing that. Next, although I can certainly notice a leaps in reasoning you make, I am not sure of exactly how you seem to connect the points which produce the actual final result. For the moment I will yield to your issue however hope in the foreseeable future you actually link your dots much better. Custom T shirts etc.