Let Me Eat Cake!

This pretty much sums up my day. Cake = Happiness.IMG 8596 800x533 thumb Let Me Eat Cake!

But let me backtrack, Earlier today I snacked on a fruit salad that I intended to be a whole tupperware full, but oddly disappeared without any leftovers?! Hmmm.IMG 8578 800x600 800x600 thumb Let Me Eat Cake!

These bars are from the HLS swag. I’m bad with bars in that I open up more and than one to “taste” them before deciding which one I want.IMG 8580 800x600 800x600 thumb Let Me Eat Cake!

Then Ben and I headed to my mom’s for a BBQ. Ben’s birthday is Wednesday and we were celebrating today!

My brother Michael made the cake.IMG 8594 800x533 thumb Let Me Eat Cake!

I ate the cake. And that’s how it should be.IMG 8598 800x533 thumb Let Me Eat Cake!

Ben married me for my family’s avocado trees. Little does he know I married him to scratch my back. I guess we’re even.IMG 8600 800x533 thumb Let Me Eat Cake!

My mom made burgers, fries and guacamole. I got a turkey burger, 73 fries and a pound of ketchup.IMG 8604 800x533 thumb Let Me Eat Cake!

BBQ-d burgers just scream summer! I don’t want it to end (summer or the burgers).IMG 8605 800x533 thumb Let Me Eat Cake!

We ate outside because the weather is perfection.IMG 8609 800x533 thumb Let Me Eat Cake!

Thanks for the cake Michael!IMG 8610 800x533 thumb Let Me Eat Cake!

The dogs begged, but we don’t feed them while we’re eating. Nope. IMG 8612 800x533 thumb Let Me Eat Cake!

We sang Ben Happy Birthday!IMG 8629 533x800 thumb Let Me Eat Cake!

And my mom bought Thin Mint and Chocolate PB ice cream. Yes and yes.IMG 8640 800x533 thumb Let Me Eat Cake!

The sky was breathtaking tonight, had to capture.IMG 8650 800x533 thumb Let Me Eat Cake!

IMG 8653 800x533 thumb Let Me Eat Cake!

See you tomorrow wlEmoticon smile3 Let Me Eat Cake!

Comments

New reader! Saw ya on HRG! I like you! Haha, you seem pretty awesome. Especially because you use terms such as “F it” and you say you run but you’re a slow runner. So now I like you even more. I look forward to reading some of your posts tonight.

And looking at all of your old pumpkin recipes. Pumpkin yogurt, heck yes!

Nice to meet ya!

Happy Birthday, Ben!

We’ve decided that we’re going to grill all fall and winter long, so the summer will never end in the Lear household! We will keep hanging on until we can’t anymore. I will miss the watermelons though. Very much. [Sad face.]

3. Lorin says

Homemade cake=the best. I can’t remember the last time I had one, maybe next year for my birthday…but I’m an only child so I always have a ton of leftovers. Maybe I can make a mini-cake? Great, now I want one :P. Looks fun and delicious!

that cake looks awesomely delicious!

cake and cupcakes seem to be an obsession of mine lately. i don’t get them in my neck of the woods (unless i were to bake an entire batch…to myself…um…no), so as soon as i’m in a city that has a cupcakery (??) i’m all over it.

Omg! Bens face in the pic where the cake is being lit is SO funny! I almost spit my water out, he looks like a little kid on christmas morning! He is so funny! Im glad he loves cake, I love it too, birthday cake is the best!

Happy almost Birthday to Ben!

Happy Birthday to Ben!!

As much as I can’t wait for the fall, I will miss grilling outside. I think I need to find a place to live where I can do that all year round. :-)

i’d marry you for your avocado trees, too (:

& toooo funny about the bars…i do the same thing. i just get mad then and nervous that the one i didn’t choose will get stale…so i end up having both. lol

xo.