Dream House Hunters

Remember how I gave up diet soda this month? Apparently, I don’t because I passed by Sonic during Happy Hour and made a pit stop. No excuses, just having a bad day overall.IMG_9424 (600x800)

But, fate caught up with me because I dropped it as soon as I got home! Boo.IMG_9426 (800x600)

Luckily, I was trying to be nice and bought Ben one too! Aaand he wasn’t home when I got there so I drank his. Ha!IMG_9419 (800x600)

Lunch.IMG_9415 (800x533)

I had a really bad snacky day (don’t want to get into it, but trust me I’m not one of those girls who says they overate when it was just 1 1/2 graham crackers). Anyways, I needed to get out of the house (more on that below).

Dinner was turkey meatloaf (found a super manager’s special on lean turkey!) and mashed potatoes.IMG_9470 (800x533)

I stirred some cottage cheese into the potatoes. It was really good!IMG_9479 (800x533)

Dessert (which I should have refrained from buying considering I’m so snacky today).IMG_9480 (800x533)

To get myself out of the kitchen, I decided to join Ben on some errands he was doing and we saw an open house for a new home development. We’ve seen this place as it was building up and decided to check it out.

There are four different models.IMG_9469 (800x600)

Let me say, we do not have any plans (or money) to buy a new place. But, I’m super into House Hunters and have been itching to check these new places out!

There are 4 options, I liked aspects of each one! Since we’re not actually house shopping I just focused on the décor.

Option 1 Fun Ottoman Table House: IMG_9433 (800x600)

IMG_9429 (800x600)

I want a new kitchen!IMG_9432 (800x600)

Option #2 The Kitchen Island House: IMG_9435 (800x600)

IMG_9436 (600x800)

This was my favorite kitchen because of the island set up. IMG_9444 (800x600)I could do my imaginary cooking show from here perfectly!!!IMG_9439 (800x600)

Then, you guys could see how I eat a snack while cooking dinner. Then, snack on what I’m cooking. Then, eat dinner.

Wait. Nevermind.IMG_9440 (800x600)

IMG_9443 (800x600)

Option #3 The Red Accent House:

I think this was my favorite in terms of décor. I love the red accents of the pillows. There was a common theme with these colors through out the house.IMG_9445 (800x600)IMG_9446 (800x600)IMG_9448 (800x600)IMG_9450 (800x600)

Option 4 was the Blue Green Baby House:

There was a blue green theme through the whole place. I really love these colors too!IMG_9456 (800x600)

IMG_9457 (800x600)

But, kind of thought it was too much by the time we got into the Master Bedroom and saw more of the same.IMG_9458 (800x600)

IMG_9459 (800x600)

This house had a nursery. Ben checked on the baby <3IMG_9460 (800x600)

Then, he played “throw the baby”. We’re not ready for “take care of the baby”.IMG_9462 (800x600)

IMG_9463 (800x600)

Though, I was in love with being in this nursery with Ben.IMG_9464 (600x800)

All the houses were actually town homes and 3 stories. The first floor was tiny because it was also the garage level. Every place had 1 room on the first floor right next to the front door set up like an office or extra bedroom.IMG_9466 (600x800)

That’s it. Now vote.IMG_9434 (800x600)Which do you like best?!

Comments

Sorry you had a bad day. And I’m doubly sorry you dropped your drink. I once tipped my whole 32 oz diet coke over in my car. Sad times.

I can’t decide between two and three. I like #2s kitchen, but the red accents in #3 are really pretty.

I so badly wish we had a new space already with new counters – we have NO space! Both storage-wise and counter-space-wise. We only have one little area to prepare food and things get so tight. Looking forward to our move in December (well, looking forward to the move after December where we get jobs and move out of my parents house into a space with counters!…).

I totally go look at the new model homes too. We just moved here in December and bought our house – we have no intention of moving any time soon but it is fun to go get decor ideas and just be nosey & see what the houses look like!

Defintitely the red one. My kitchen is decked out in red accessories (red coffee maker, red toaster, red KitchenAid, red kettle, red knives, red bowls, etc.) I guess you could say red is my favourite colour :)

I’ve spilled many a bowl of popcorn in my lifetime, which is easy to salvage unlike pop. Bright side? You had an extra :)

It’s funny because the first thing I thought of when I saw your spilled drink was not “oh sad, no more drink” but “aghhhh! Oh the stickiness of it all!” I hate cleaning up mega-messes.

The houses are all cute, but I desperately want a nice big kitchen! I’m really tired of living in apartments with their lack of counter space.

6. Amanda says

I <3 #2, the decor is really warm.

Sorry you spilled your soda, : ( that blows! I probably would've cried because that's my logical reaction to losing something I as looking forward to.

Bad days bite. And I’m totally with you on the over-snacking thing. If I say I ate too much, it’s not an understatement. Ever!

I would totally vote for the house with the red accents on decor. It’s my favorite color ever and I have it all over my living room. Love!
    The bed looked so cozy and I want to crawl right in. Why doesn’t my bed ever look like that?

My vote goes 100% to #2!!! The kitchen looks super open and the ceilings pretty high?? plus I adore hardwood floors…. carpet mildly freaks me out haha So much time is spend in the kitchen… we hang out in our kitchen all the time hahah so I find this to be the most important room :)

We just got a Sonic in town. What do you get to drink?? I always see you going there, but I have never figured out what exactly it is that you are drinking! 😀