60 / 40

This afternoon I had a big green smoothie in a mug. I had a couple of handfuls of cashews earlier so this just had ice, protein powder, almond milk and spinach. IMG 9485 533x800 thumb 60 / 40

Drippy, delicious mess.IMG 9486 533x800 thumb 60 / 40

Isn’t it weird when you have a major can’t-get-it-out-of-your-mind craving?! Today I was not stopping until I had spaghetti squash. I made a special trip for one after I had wrapped up all my other shopping because I needed it.

I cooked up a few organic chicken sausages (manager’s special find!) and tossed it all together with sauce.IMG 9489 800x533 thumb 60 / 40

It was the most delicious dinner I’ve made in a long time! IMG 9492 800x533 thumb 60 / 40

About the title, let me start by saying I’m NOT a good sharer.  I take extra bites of desserts Ben and I are supposed to be sharing. I also try to get extra back rub time. But I justify it because he totally steals the blankets! blanket share thumb 60 / 40(nataliedee.com)

Anyways, I am also bad about sharing with myself for later. When I make dinner and serve up my leftovers for the next day it’s seems to be 60/40, maybe even 70/30 (!) with the split!

Hey?! Where’d all my food go?! Oh yeah, I ate it…IMG 9493 800x533 thumb 60 / 40

Anyone else split their leftovers unevenly?

Comments

1. Rachel says

Ok this is too weird… for about 3 days now i’ve been planning on making spaghetti squash with chicken sausage for tonight’s dinner. and this post just confirmed that. THANK YOU

My Honey swears he “doesn’t do leftovers” and then I come home from work and they AND THE LAST OF THE MILK are both gone. Sheesh! Good thing he does dishes and laundry lol :)

I do split mine un-evenly too! Haha. I always regret it though … there is a reason I eat so much the night I make it … it’s good! I always want more than what I have left the next day!

PS your meals look amazing … I think it’s my snack time??

4. Christa says

I’ve been following your blog for a while and love it! It’s been keeping me on track to finish my first marathon in October (yes, finish — I’m not quite ready to run the whole thing, but an 80/20 split of jogging/walking will be perfect!).

I always plan to keep 40% for leftovers every time I make something big. I like my leftovers for lunches, and I’m not a big lunch eater. So I eat my huge dinner and save my tiny lunch for later. Yeah, I’m a dinner hog…

Oink, oink.

If leftovers are going to be my lunch later in the week, than yes, they are definitely split more in my favor, because I eat them all! If they are going to be dinner again later in the week, than they are split more in The Boy’s favor, just because I eat a bit less at each meal than he does.

I totally split my leftovers unequally. I actually apologize to my future self in advance, because I always know that I’m going to be angry at my past self later. It’s funny…and confusing all at the same time!

I do that on a daily basis! I finally just stopped making food to have left overs and started making a separate item for lunch. It’s somtimes boring but at least I don’t give in to the yummy 2nd portion rather than saving it for lunch.