Vegas Sleeps In

Ben has a big project at work so he came home late last night and was up at 5:30am this morning to get back there. I’m a light sleeper so I ended up getting out of bed too. Vegas decided to sleep in…shocker.IMG 9510 800x533 thumb Vegas Sleeps In

After Ben headed out I went on my run. My schedule was supposed to be 8 miles, but I turned around a bit early because I’m sick of myself. I guess an entire marathon training program solo means I’ve run out of amusing thoughts!IMG 9501 800x533 thumb Vegas Sleeps In

I put my hair in a down braid this morning and my visor teased it up a lot. That’s not a good look for me.IMG 9503 800x533 thumb Vegas Sleeps In

While Ben was in the shower I made him oatmeal. They’re never my first choice, but his looked so good I made some pumpkin oats for myself post run.IMG 9507 800x533 thumb Vegas Sleeps In

Last night I made a pumpkin shake for dessert and topped it with Cascadian Farms version of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. It was pretty amazing.IMG 9500 800x533 thumb Vegas Sleeps In

The winner of the Sargento’s Cheese Giveaway is : image thumb8 Vegas Sleeps In

cant sleep thumb Vegas Sleeps In(source)

Question: Are you a light or heavy sleeper?

My mom used to wake us up by turning on our bedroom light, so I’m super light sensitive and wake up if the sun shines in my room.

Comments

I’ve really been loving reading your blog, relatively new around these parts! My hair is always wonky after running, no matter what I do to it.

I’m a light sleeper sometimes and a heavy sleeper other times. I sleep with an eye mask and ear plugs every night though because it’s a habit I got into in college and I can’t break it now that my husband snores!

Just wanted to let you know that I clocked 10 miles today (my 2nd longest run to date!), and pretty much the whole time I was thinking about you. Creepy, huh?

No, really, I was thinking about your 20 mile solo runs, and how at 9 miles I was so grateful I only had one more, not 11. And I carried a Gatorade and was seriously faster on the miles I had some! Anyway, I’ve been really digging your stories about proper fueling, it’s been so helpful to this half-marathon newb. Thank you!!!

At what point do ice baths become helpful/necessary? My legs hurt!

Wait, were you thinking good things or “i hate that bitch” things?

I know – Gatorade and gels totally work!

I do ice baths only when necessary. I hate them. I would say 15 miles or more.

I live for Kirkland’s fruit and nut medley–http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11183499&whse=bd_823&topnav=bdoff&browse=&lang=en-US–, which I think might be laced with crack.

Before I realized I could actually get it in Canada, I made a friend from the states ship me a bag whenever I needed my fix (which was way too often). Now that I don’t consider any food off limits, I keep a bag in my fridge! It’s amazing mixed with Kashi cereal and soy milk for breakfast–try it.

4. Brittany says

Ummmm… how do you make that pumpkin smoothie.

I sleep with fans on so I’d say I’m a heavy sleeper as the fans drown out all other noise!

Hahaha, that picture of Vegas cracked me up because that’s what my little orange kitty looks like EVERY morning.

She sleeps on one of my pillows and it’s so hard to get up at 5:30 to go the gym when she and my boyfriend are still fast asleep.

I’m a pretty heavy sleeper. I’ve slept through sirens, fire alarms, multiple wake-up alarms and blaring music from our upstairs neighbours. I’m a light getting-to-sleeper though and it has to be pitch black and super quiet for me to get to sleep but once I’m out, I’m out!

I’m such a heavy sleeper! I’m not quiet or still when I sleep either. My husband says sometimes I sit up and completely turn over…I worry for my future kids sake, and my hubs…he’ll be quite busy while I’m sound asleep :)
    That picture of Vegas is hilarious, it reminds me of my cat. I love when they curl their paws up like that.
    Hey, so what are you trying to say about Comparative Lit?! I always thought reading a history text was 10x worse than that, but I majored in English in college so I suppose I don’t count.

I am the lightest sleeper ever. Too much light, too much movement, too much noise – pretty much anything wakes me up!

I once stayed the night at my best friend’s house years ago and she is the heaviest sleeper I have ever known. But she knew I was crazy when I couldn’t fall asleep one night because I heard a ticking clock. She swore up and down that she didn’t have one in her room. I dug underneath her bed, pulling out clothes, magazines, books until lo and behold, a ticking clock! To this day no one understand why I can hear things to that extent when I’m trying to sleep, but not always when I’m awake.