Rainbow Bright Runner

This morning I changed into my running gear while Ben was in the bathroom. When he came out he said, “WOW! That is a bright shirt!!” And I’m pretty sure he didn’t mean it as a compliment.IMG_9943 (600x800)

Funny thing is, I want to wear this shirt for my marathon – it’s my new favorite! I guess you can call me Run-bow Bright!rainbow bright(source)

Fun Flashback: When I was about 4 years old my ballet class did a dance choreographed with our favorite doll.  I don’t remember watching the show, but I did love the Rainbow Bright doll I got at some point. I insisted on doing it for talent show when I got to kindergarten the next year. My mom was not a “Toddlers and Tiaras” kinda mom, but I was totally ham and would have loved it if she was!monica is little rainbow bright Run – 6 miles. Nothing spectacular to note other than my visually offensive shirt..IMG_9947 (800x600)

I was on a serious mission for PB&Banana Toast this morning!IMG_9950 (800x600)

Food tastes so much better when it’s exactly what you’re craving SmileIMG_9952 (800x600)

Question: Were you a shy kid or did you love to perform?

I have no real talent, but made sure I was in the talent show every year.

Comments

1. Amy says

I have the same shirt…. It is my lucky race shirt – I have worn it in every 5K I’ve ever run!!! My husband and kids can always see me approaching the Finish Line!

I love how you can see the color of the shirt reflecting/radiating off of your arm!

I was a super outgoing kid. I loved hamming it up, too. Now, I melt into walls whenever I can. Funny how that works.

Haha, I love that Rainbow Bright reference! When I wear my bright Lululemon tank and my Zensah calf sleeves which are pink I truly feel like one of her groupies!

I think that shirt is perfect the way it is! Plus, doesn’t it adhere to one of your running rules? Something about dressing as brightly/ridiculously as possible? 😛
    I was, and still am, a total ham (thank goodness someone else uses that expression too). But the older I get, the less I hog the spotlight. Some people would call that maturity, I just call it lazy.

I was a totally spotlight seeking in elementary school! I somehow landed the lead in all the school plays and even had to sing a solo once (so not a singer!). Now? One of my reoccurring nightmares is that I am in a play and forget my lines while on stage (it seriously stresses me out just thinking about it!) It’s so interesting how we change as we get older.

I need to think about getting some brighter running clothes. I ran at dusk last night and realized my gear blended in with the road – oops, bad runner.

You were so cute!!

When I was little, I used to THINK that I liked performing, but when I actually got in front of everyone I’d quickly get my usual case of stage fright. Good thing I’ve gotten over that by now….for the most part 😛

Yeah I was definitely not a shy child…I was completely okay with dancing, singing solos in church plays, etc at a young age…I had a shy spell in high school, but I like to perform in general. :)

I totally had a Rainbow Brite shirt with the picture you posted on it. I was such the fashionista I wore it with like three pairs of neon socks layered, a demin skirt with paint splatters, 5 necklaces with plastic unicorns and junk on them, and of course a side poneytail. Then one day my shirt was missing…as it turns out it had gotten left under a wet towel too long and got mold on it…My mom threw it out without telling me. I was devastated. Oh well, so much for being a fashionista at the age of 7. :)

I was a pretty shy kid, except around family…lol not much has changed, although I don’t hide behind my mom anymore.
    I had the Rainbow Brite stuffed dog. Do a Google images search if you don’t remember what it looks like ( and since I have no idea if it is OK to link to images here), I just did and it made me smile :) I wonder what my mom did with it…

9. Sarah says

I have a neon pink shirt and people routinely say “That shirt is really pink!” I never know how to respond because its not really a positive or negative statement. It is my favorite shirt though. And I LOVE bright workout clothes. I have really bright sports bras in almost every shade. A guy friend once said to me “Your awesome sports bras make me wish I could wear sports bras…”

I still have a rainbrow brite plate that I eat off of all the time! I think it’s weird for adults to have stuffed animals, but for some reason I find this plate totally acceptable…hmmm.

I was kind of shy as a kid, and never would have done a solo. But I liked performing in holiday skits and the like.

Oh my gosh you look exactly the same as when you were a kid!! I would have totally known it was you even if it wasn’t on your blog. Haha. I always auditioned for everything as a kid and never made it. Now I make my living in performing arts haha. I’ve always been a giant ham :)

12. Kelly says

As a kid the spotlight scared the boogers out of me and it still does. If someone asked me to stand up for a speech in front of tons of people- I would probably have a panic attack!

On another note- I love your shirt! Where did you get it?

I definitely loved to perform when I was a kid. I was in theatre and chorus. There’s a video of me “playing” the fiddle during the song “Mountain Music” by Alabama. I was such a ham…really stole the show. :-)

I love that shirt, pink is awesome! :)
    When I was really little I was SO shy. I would hide behind my parents legs and did not want to talk to anyone.
    As I got a little older I searched for the spotlight. I always put on acting shows for my family and bossed my friends around.

I like wearing obnoxiously bright shirts or just a shirt that stands out for races too… it’s easier to find yourself in the professional photos! Plus bright colors = positive vibes :)

I was the total opposite of a ham. I hated being the center of attention. This was especially difficult to deal with because my mom has never met a person she couldn’t converse at length with. “Strangers are just people you haven’t befriended yet!” So I was always uncomfortable Still have problems with social anxiety. Although, I’d still totally wear a hot pink shirt!