Rainbow Bright Runner

This morning I changed into my running gear while Ben was in the bathroom. When he came out he said, “WOW! That is a bright shirt!!” And I’m pretty sure he didn’t mean it as a compliment.IMG 9943 600x800 thumb Rainbow Bright Runner

Funny thing is, I want to wear this shirt for my marathon – it’s my new favorite! I guess you can call me Run-bow Bright!rainbow bright thumb Rainbow Bright Runner(source)

Fun Flashback: When I was about 4 years old my ballet class did a dance choreographed with our favorite doll.  I don’t remember watching the show, but I did love the Rainbow Bright doll I got at some point. I insisted on doing it for talent show when I got to kindergarten the next year. My mom was not a “Toddlers and Tiaras” kinda mom, but I was totally ham and would have loved it if she was!monica is little rainbow bright thumb Rainbow Bright Runner Run – 6 miles. Nothing spectacular to note other than my visually offensive shirt..IMG 9947 800x600 thumb Rainbow Bright Runner

I was on a serious mission for PB&Banana Toast this morning!IMG 9950 800x600 thumb Rainbow Bright Runner

Food tastes so much better when it’s exactly what you’re craving wlEmoticon smile23 Rainbow Bright RunnerIMG 9952 800x600 thumb Rainbow Bright Runner

Question: Were you a shy kid or did you love to perform?

I have no real talent, but made sure I was in the talent show every year.

pin it button Rainbow Bright Runner

Comments

1. Amy says

I have the same shirt…. It is my lucky race shirt – I have worn it in every 5K I’ve ever run!!! My husband and kids can always see me approaching the Finish Line!

I love how you can see the color of the shirt reflecting/radiating off of your arm!

I was a super outgoing kid. I loved hamming it up, too. Now, I melt into walls whenever I can. Funny how that works.

Haha, I love that Rainbow Bright reference! When I wear my bright Lululemon tank and my Zensah calf sleeves which are pink I truly feel like one of her groupies!

I think that shirt is perfect the way it is! Plus, doesn’t it adhere to one of your running rules? Something about dressing as brightly/ridiculously as possible? :P
    I was, and still am, a total ham (thank goodness someone else uses that expression too). But the older I get, the less I hog the spotlight. Some people would call that maturity, I just call it lazy.

I was a totally spotlight seeking in elementary school! I somehow landed the lead in all the school plays and even had to sing a solo once (so not a singer!). Now? One of my reoccurring nightmares is that I am in a play and forget my lines while on stage (it seriously stresses me out just thinking about it!) It’s so interesting how we change as we get older.

I need to think about getting some brighter running clothes. I ran at dusk last night and realized my gear blended in with the road – oops, bad runner.

Yeah I was definitely not a shy child…I was completely okay with dancing, singing solos in church plays, etc at a young age…I had a shy spell in high school, but I like to perform in general. :)

I totally had a Rainbow Brite shirt with the picture you posted on it. I was such the fashionista I wore it with like three pairs of neon socks layered, a demin skirt with paint splatters, 5 necklaces with plastic unicorns and junk on them, and of course a side poneytail. Then one day my shirt was missing…as it turns out it had gotten left under a wet towel too long and got mold on it…My mom threw it out without telling me. I was devastated. Oh well, so much for being a fashionista at the age of 7. :)

I was a pretty shy kid, except around family…lol not much has changed, although I don’t hide behind my mom anymore.
    I had the Rainbow Brite stuffed dog. Do a Google images search if you don’t remember what it looks like ( and since I have no idea if it is OK to link to images here), I just did and it made me smile :) I wonder what my mom did with it…

8. Sarah says

I have a neon pink shirt and people routinely say “That shirt is really pink!” I never know how to respond because its not really a positive or negative statement. It is my favorite shirt though. And I LOVE bright workout clothes. I have really bright sports bras in almost every shade. A guy friend once said to me “Your awesome sports bras make me wish I could wear sports bras…”

I still have a rainbrow brite plate that I eat off of all the time! I think it’s weird for adults to have stuffed animals, but for some reason I find this plate totally acceptable…hmmm.

I was kind of shy as a kid, and never would have done a solo. But I liked performing in holiday skits and the like.

Oh my gosh you look exactly the same as when you were a kid!! I would have totally known it was you even if it wasn’t on your blog. Haha. I always auditioned for everything as a kid and never made it. Now I make my living in performing arts haha. I’ve always been a giant ham :)

11. Kelly says

As a kid the spotlight scared the boogers out of me and it still does. If someone asked me to stand up for a speech in front of tons of people- I would probably have a panic attack!

On another note- I love your shirt! Where did you get it?

I definitely loved to perform when I was a kid. I was in theatre and chorus. There’s a video of me “playing” the fiddle during the song “Mountain Music” by Alabama. I was such a ham…really stole the show. :-)

I love that shirt, pink is awesome! :)
    When I was really little I was SO shy. I would hide behind my parents legs and did not want to talk to anyone.
    As I got a little older I searched for the spotlight. I always put on acting shows for my family and bossed my friends around.

I like wearing obnoxiously bright shirts or just a shirt that stands out for races too… it’s easier to find yourself in the professional photos! Plus bright colors = positive vibes :)

I was the total opposite of a ham. I hated being the center of attention. This was especially difficult to deal with because my mom has never met a person she couldn’t converse at length with. “Strangers are just people you haven’t befriended yet!” So I was always uncomfortable Still have problems with social anxiety. Although, I’d still totally wear a hot pink shirt!