Give Yourself a Little Credit Before Goal

After my short shift this morning I headed towards my old neighborhood to see my doctor. My foot issue is ongoing and I need it taken care of before the marathon!

I had an AMAZING honeycrisp apple and a vitawater on the way. IMG 0023 800x600 thumb Give Yourself a Little Credit Before Goal

I hit up the doctor and the bank before stopping by my mom’s. If you’ve read the blog since it started sucked you might remember I lived here most of the early years. Right out of college I worked as a recruiter and would work from home 2 days a week from this place. I look back on that time with mixed feelings because it was a happy time in my life, but I had a lot of big struggles with bingeing and overeating.

Even though I’m still working on it everyday, I have gotten a lot better about random snacking. I look back on many of those posts from two-three years ago and realize I was constantly eating, binging or starting a new diet of sorts. Sad sad sad.

The combination of being a chubby kid and dieting in college started a vicious cycle of binging and restricting for me. Since I’m still not at goal I don’t give myself credit for the progress I have made with Intuitive Eating. I am a lot better now, just need to clean up the snacking a bit to get to goal.

I’ve been mulling all this over for a while and am going to give myself a little 90 challenge to end the year strong wlEmoticon smile24 Give Yourself a Little Credit Before Goal Stay tuned!

But, in the meantime I am celebrating my progress with intuitive eating! This has taken a lot of work (and is still on going) and I’m proud of it.

When I got to my mom’s I was greeted by Bailey and the Roxican. Doesn’t he look like a cow?IMG 0027 800x600 thumb Give Yourself a Little Credit Before Goal

Of course, I did the first thing you’re supposed to do at your mom’s house – raid her fridge and pantry! SCORE! I found juicy watermelon and cheesecake factory bread (no pic).

Since I’m feeling sick I made myself some comfort food – cheese bread, watermelon…IMG 0029 800x600 thumb Give Yourself a Little Credit Before Goal

and chicken soup.IMG 0031 800x600 thumb Give Yourself a Little Credit Before Goal

I also grabbed several handfuls of my little brother’s gummy vitamins.IMG 0032 600x800 thumb Give Yourself a Little Credit Before Goal

And a bite or two of dessert. I just realized I ate out of the carton while sick! Crap, I better finish that ice cream off before someone else eats it and gets sick… IMG 0033 800x600 thumb Give Yourself a Little Credit Before GoalThe winner of the Wish-bone Salad Dressing Sampler Pack is :

Katie: Kstevens313 – please email me your info!

Question:Give yourself credit for something about yourself or your life that you’ve improved upon (even if it’s not perfect yet!)… Please share!

Comments

Great comment topic.

I give myself credit for being open minded. I am not the HAPPIEST about where we live now, but I keep reminding myself that EVERYTHING is what you make of it, and I can make it better with the right attitude!

Thanks, Monica!

Love gummy vitamins! I buy the big bottle for my son so I can dip into them too :)

I’m giving myself credit for improving as a runner. I looked back on my training runs last night and was happy to notice that I have, in fact, gotten faster (for me) in the past two months:
    July 28 – 3 mile – 40:14
    September 28 – 3 mile – 36:08
    All the half-marathon training is paying off :)

I’m totally ready for something to get me motivated again. If you do a 90 day challenge…I’m in and would love to follow along. I’ve been all over the place with my working out and eating for the past few weeks. I have 2 half marathons coming up and need the push. Looking forward to hearing your plan!

My half marathon times:
    2:25:37
    2:12:47
    2:04:41
    1:44:40 (most recent race and my personal best!)

I’m definitely way better about my workouts. I used to not take any rest days and do intense workouts that left me drained. The only time I would take a rest day was when my body just couldn’t go any further. Since I’ve started training for a marathon, I’m way better about listening to my body and taking those rest days. I even look forward to them now.

5. Aleks says

I’ve improved at being more ‘out there’ when it comes to meeting people and making friends. I just moved to a new country (if you ever stumble across Ireland, give me a shout :)), and made it a goal to myself not to shut myself off like I tend to do. So far, I met with a guy I know from college, through him, I got invited to a little informal alumni club meeting next month (which I had no idea existing). Also, I found a house with 2 fantastic housemates instead of looking for a place by myself. This is major progress!

Also, I feel you on the Intuitive Eating! I was actually seeing a therapist about my binge eating for almost a year, and now I feel like I have more control, but still stray more than I’d like to admit. I’m curious about your challenge!

I’m giving myself credit for recognizing when I start emotionally eating. And for getting 120 pounds off and keeping them off even though the how is still in progress.

Feel better soon!!!! Being sick is definitely no fun :(

7. Emily says

Just got married!!! and I am giving myself credit for getting totally toned and in-shape, but I’m totally slipping now that the wedding is over. Any advice on how to prevent a post-wedding slump? I’m continuing to work with my trainer, but the eating is totally off track. The night-time crunchy carbs are killing me. Great during the day and terrible at night. I’m in for a 90-day challenge, too, because it will help keep me on track post-wedding.

I, as well, have been through the Intuitive Eating book. A couple of years ago a nutritionist gave it to me to help my bingeing/starving rampages. Since then, I am now at a happy and healthy weight and am very comfortable with the way I’m eating. I don’t deprive myself, yet I eat very healthy:) I never thought I would get here. And as it goes, there are still times when I realize that I’ve eaten too much and need to clean up the diet.

I hope you feel better soon! I try not to compare to others and only to compare to my previous self. I have to remember that I’m always improving in one area, even if I’m not in others (or if I’m slacking in others, as it may be right now.. *coughneedtoliftmorecough*

Wow, I didn’t realize how hard this would be until I started to actually think about it. I think I need to give myself credit for the amount of times I’ve woken up and done yoga in the mornings since I made it a goal and not on the fact that I skipped it this morning without even really thinking about it. Especially because I can just start another streak tomorrow!