The Habit Burger Grill

I don’t have an identifiable illness unless you count lamebloggeritis but I still felt weird into the afternoon. My appetite was gone most of the day, which means I was SUPER SICK because I’m always hungry. Always.

So, I didn’t plan anything for dinner. When Ben suggested The Habit Burger Grill I jumped at it. I’ve been wanting to try that place for a while. image thumb2 The Habit Burger Grill

I’ve heard good things about their veggie burger, but they have calorie counts on the menu and the regular burger and veggie burger have the exact same amount. Since I was on the fence between the two I decided to do something different (for me) and ordered a real burger. Ben even thought I was joking when I asked for it!IMG 0086 800x600 thumb The Habit Burger Grill

I cannot tell you how many years it’s been since I ordered a hamburger! (Literally just racked my brain trying to remember.)  It felt wrong. IMG 0089 800x600 thumb The Habit Burger GrillSometimes I forget I’m not vegetarian anymore – is that weird? (Even though I’m not veg I still don’t eat red meat or pork often at all. It’s a taste preference and a healthy convenience.)

But tonight food is food and I’m not going to worry about it. IMG 0090 800x600 thumb The Habit Burger Grill

IMG 0083 800x600 thumb The Habit Burger Grill

We shared an order of onion rings and fries too. It was quite the indulgent, but delicious dinner.IMG 0085 800x600 thumb The Habit Burger Grill

Ben got a mocha shake too. But, coffee flavored things aren’t my fave so we also hit up Yogurtland.IMG 0088 600x800 thumb The Habit Burger Grill

Carb loading or Enjoying Life? You decide. I say it’s both.IMG 0093 600x800 thumb The Habit Burger Grill

Now it’s movie time. See ya tomorrow.

pin it button The Habit Burger Grill

Comments

We went to yougartland too. Here in Texas our new flavor is oatmeal cookies. Have you tried it? I almost stuck my head under the handle bc it was so good. Put a little capt crutch on top at the toppings bar…..I may have asked the cashier if I could move in and sleep at the store just to be near that yogurt.

The burger looks really good! My dad raises Angus cattle, and though I’m not a vegetarian, I do eat very little beef. I think it somewhat irks my mom and dad, b/c I’m not supporting the “beef industry.” I could get free meat from my parent’s, but I just choose not to!

I think sometimes people assume that just because its labeled “vegetarian” that its so much healthier. But that is not always the case. Those veggie burgers can be just as bad or even worse than the real thing. Hope you feel better soon girl. Take care of yourself.

4. Crystal says

I’m so glad you’re so real!! :) Lean beef provides protein and vitamin B12 & B6…eat that beef girl!!! lol

I skipped fro-yo yesterday for Marble Slab ice cream- peanut butter flavor!! I like to eat my ice cream and fro-yo real slow…savor the sweetness.

5. Aleks says

i haven’t had a burger in 10 years, but i don’t miss it. i’m with you on not being into red meat. though i tried some pork when i was at home this summer, and yeah, i’d rather have some grilled salmon. with those fries and onion rings, followed by some fro-yo, please.

hope you’re feeling better!

um, YUM. that looks amazing. A really good burger for me is one of life’s best comfort foods – especially when my dad makes it on the BBQ. And there is a location pretty near me in El Segundo!

I rarely eat red meat, but I was at bbq recently and had my first burger in years. Not going to lie- I get why they are so popular!

I have been a vegetarian for a couple years now ( I do eat fish) but u have never eaten a burger in my whole life, not even as a kid. Most people don’t believe me, but it’s true. I was never really a red meat eater.
    Bens shake looks really good. I have never tried a coffee shake, I might have too!