What Do I Do If I Don’t Run?

Hi! Is everyone excited it’s Thursday? Or are you just stressed that it’s almost the weekend, which means it’s almost your marathon, which means you are one day closer to hours and hours of running when you still don’t feel 100% and somehow managed to tweak your neck last night?

No? Just me?

Darn.

I mentioned going a little crazy with the cereal yesterday so I tried to keep dinner high on nutrients and low on crap. I made green beans and ground turkey with a marinara sauce and had a small scoop of cheesy pasta I made for Ben. It was still steaming when I took the picture…IMG 0208 800x600 thumb What Do I Do If I Don’t Run?

We spent the evening sipping hot chocolate and watching House Hunters. I consider that an ideal evening wlEmoticon smile3 What Do I Do If I Don’t Run?

This morning I was all confused. First, I woke up from a dream where I swam super deep into the ocean to see dolphins. Then, something hurt my toe so I swam up and was on land. I grabbed down toward my foot and removed an entire HUGE JELLY FISH that I placed on our hotel bed. What?

Maybe I’m scared to do any ocean swimming on our upcoming Panama trip because of last year’s jelly fish sting?! I gotta get over that wlEmoticon sadsmile1 What Do I Do If I Don’t Run?jelly fish sting thumb What Do I Do If I Don’t Run?

Oh – back to why I was confused… I can’t run today because it’s taper, so I didn’t know what to do. I should go into work early and do a strength session. Yeah, I’ll do that and take a little walk to calm myself.sometimes i think the scabies are gonna burrow through my shoes when im just standing there What Do I Do If I Don’t Run?

(nataliedee.com)

No run means plenty of time for a pancake breakfast!IMG 0212 800x533 thumb What Do I Do If I Don’t Run?

I use my same recipe each time and they usually make 4 small pancakes. Today it made 3 small ones and a BIG one!IMG 0216 800x533 thumb What Do I Do If I Don’t Run?

Pancake Recipe (cause I get asked every time): 1/2c egg beaters, 1/4c pumpkin, 1/3c ww pastry flour, dash of each: salt, pumpkin pie spice, sugar, baking soda and baking powder. Blend. Cook. Eat.IMG 0219 800x533 thumb What Do I Do If I Don’t Run?

Today I cooked a banana into them because it’s getting a little mushy and needed to be consumed. I also sprinkle chia seeds straight into the batter once it’s cooking.IMG 0220 800x533 thumb What Do I Do If I Don’t Run?

Now I’m sipping on some juice and organizing my week. IMG 0221 533x800 thumb What Do I Do If I Don’t Run?

Question: What’s your #2 favorite workout or exercise?

After running it’s KB or Zumba, but I am pretty partial to strength lately!

Comments

My #2 is swimming- soothing and easy on the joints, just kind of a pain because I can’t walk out the door and immediately start swimming… hopefully!

Nice action adding the sliced banana in the pancake. Wise! My X-training has been all about the Nike Training Club App on my iPhone. It is seriously like having a trainer in my house! Hope the pre-marathon nerves are staying at bay! SO many of us are running races this weekend!

My #1 favorite exercise is swimming, running would be second, cycling third. Although this past year with the running injury cycling became #2.

If I don’t feel like running I’ll hit the gym and do weights, the elliptical and stair climber.

Crossfit! I’m also trying to learn to love the rowing machine. People walk around my gym barefoot and it skeeves me out so much!

OMG….my husband got stung by a jelly fish on our honeymoon last month! He still has all this red marks from where the jelly fish got him!

Rest up for Sunday! I hope you run it under 4 hours!

Ah, the mushy-banana challenge. Always such a good moment when you realize you’re in a time crunch to turn that dying banana into something delicious!

2nd favorite workout? Probably just walking. My workouts are usually sweat-inducing cardio (elliptical/running/stairclimber) + strength training, but sometimes it’s just nice to go on a long walk, especially with a buddy to chat with.

hilly trail hikes, pool swimming, weight lifting,kayaking, paddle boarding, intense all night dancing, soft sand walking, bike riding, mostly anything outside in nature is the best.

Omg..that cartoon made my skin shiver. That’s such a gross thought to think about!

I’ve had to take off running for the past week due to an injury and the only thing I’ve been able to do is yoga. But as for my second favorite, that’d be Zumba. By far!

My #2 favorite is BodyPump…makes me feel all strong without sweating too much :)

(My #1 is dance…pretty much any kind)

sidenote: you have inspired me to try to run…working on getting through 4 miles with as few walking breaks as possible…started out with 7 breaks, now down to 3 :)

I’m feeling lost too! I am running the Chicago marathon on Sunday. Right now I’m feeling like something’s missing with taper week. Maybe tonight I will do 2 more miles just to keep myself lose? Thoughts?

11. Tina says

Monica,
    I love your blog and really appreciate that I’m not the only one down with something the week of her marathon. (My first marathon). I swear that we were following the same program because when I was running 20, you were running 20. I hope you feel better! My mantra when I run is – well Oprah did it, P.Diddy did it, I can do it! You can do it too and reach your goal time :)

I have to combine a lot of different ones, b/c otherwise I get a bit bored. I usually do 15-20 min of the elliptical, stairmaster, treadmill, and stationary bike. If I run/walk outside I usually can go longer, b/c it seems more interesting to me!

My second favorite is elliptical-ing…I’m a cardio queen. The 30 day shred was too hard on my knees (somehow harder than running) and lifting weights makes me eat everything in sight…I know I should strength train more though.

14. Cheryl says

I am running my first Half in November (Women’s Half Marathon – St Petersburg FL), and then I am coming to your house for pancakes!
    : )

I’ll bring you DD (dunkin, we call it “double D”) iced coffee : )

No matter that we live on opposite sides of the country!

Hey Monica! I’m running my first half-marathon this Sunday in Victoria, BC – Canada. I’m shakin’ in my boots, but reading your posts sure helps!!! :)