Coffee at Downtown Disney

This morning I woke up wanting to run, but luckily for my still tired legs I didn’t have time. Nope. Today I had an important coffee date at Disneyland…IMG 0469 800x600 thumb Coffee at Downtown Disney

The Tigger Fan Club was having a meeting and I couldn’t miss it!tigger fan club thumb Coffee at Downtown Disney(image source)

Kidding. None other than Mrs. Mama Pea herself was visiting Disneyland this week and I invited myself to meet up with her. Luckily, she was way too tired from being a wife/mom/hairstylist/tourist/book writer/actual funny blogger to object.

I don’t know why the Disney cast member decided to run 100 yards away to take our picture, but I’ll try to remember deodorant next time.IMG 0467 600x800 thumb Coffee at Downtown Disney

We sipped coffee while I tried to convince her to give me a Snooki style bump, but she had to draw the line right there. Oh well, can’t win ‘em all.IMG 0466 600x800 thumb Coffee at Downtown Disney

After our chat Mama Pea had to gather her things (and children) to head back to Oregon. I’ve never heard of it, but supposedly it’s in the US just north of California. Weird.

Anyways, I walked around Downtown Disney a bit contemplating a way to convince Ben we need annual passes.IMG 0470 600x800 thumb Coffee at Downtown Disney

I lalalove Disney and hope to visit soon wlEmoticon smile12 Coffee at Downtown DisneyIMG 0472 800x600 thumb Coffee at Downtown Disney

I grabbed a Jamba Juice smoothie for the way home…IMG 0474 800x600 thumb Coffee at Downtown Disney

But instead of going to my home, I went to my mom’s. I have a few things to take care of in the area so I’m working from here today wlEmoticon smile12 Coffee at Downtown Disney That means I get to raid the BIG FRIDGE!IMG 0475 800x600 thumb Coffee at Downtown Disney

Fact: Anything is healthy if you put it on a bed of lettuce, even Cheetos and mayo covered tuna.IMG 0477 800x600 thumb Coffee at Downtown Disney

I served it up with some Rice SnacksIMG 0494 600x800 thumb Coffee at Downtown Disney

My coworkers will not stay still for a picture though! They’re usually more cooperative.IMG 0486 800x600 thumb Coffee at Downtown Disney

IMG 0493 800x600 thumb Coffee at Downtown Disney

And since I feel an empty hole where my Disneyland annual pass should be, I am filling it with ice cream. IMG 0497 600x800 thumb Coffee at Downtown Disney

Question: Like Disney? Disneyland? Disneyworld?

I had an annual pass to Disneyland as a kid so I love it! Then, I got one again in college and would go all the time. I’m a fan.

pin it button Coffee at Downtown Disney

Comments

I’m a huge Disneyland fan. I would go there all the time if we lived closer. I have so much Disneyland stuff, it’s crazy. I also buy all the movies as soon as they’re available and have a huge collection. Favorite ride: Indiana Jones, baby!

Cheetos are just cheesy croutons. It’s all good.

I am huge Disney fan! We used to have annual pass to Disney World and my parents always joking say that I took my first steps in the Magic Kingdom. I have never actually been to Disneyland but would love to visit some day.

P.S. I have already decided the WDW Marathon will be my first one but not this year. I just ran Disney’s Wine and Dine as my first half marathon. :)

P.S.S. I really want to be a Disney Imagineer!

I’ve been to D-land once – when I was 10. I begged my husband to go when we roadtripped back from AZ when he got out of the Marines (so we could use the military discount while it was still good!) but he said no. Meany head. I want to gooooo!

I’ve been in Disneyland in Paris (every high school in Europe does the infernal bus trip) but I’d love to see how it looks like in the USA!

Disney World is my favorite place on Earth! I loveeee it! I’ve been to Disneyland twice too and am a fan but nothing can compare to Disney World for me!

LOVE LOVE LOVE DisneyWorld. In fact, did you know that you can drink your way around EPCOT! I ran the Princess Half there back in Feb. Won’t go in to that race report.

And I need to ask Rachel – How was the Wine and Dine? That is on my list for 2012.

The Kidless Kronicles

7. Katheryn says

I’ve been to Disney World once right after getting married, and Disneyland twice with our kids. I LOVE Disneyland! Can’t wait to go again.

I went to Disney World once when I was in grade 3 for a family vacation and still remember it fondly. I also remember writing a speech about that trip and winning a public speaking contest with it at school. The phrase “totally awesome” may or may not have been in the speech :)

I love Disney! In college, I was an English Major (& psych minor thankyouverymuch) and my senior seminar English class was on Disney. Obviously, we ripped some of it apart – but I still loved every minute of it. There’s nothing better than a great professor and 15 college seniors discussing Disney :)
    I only went once as a kid, but in the last 8 years I’ve probably been to Disney World 5 times and I’m going back in February for the Princess Half Marathon. Running through the castle is like my dream come true.

LOVE Disneyland! my dad and grandma took me for my 6th birthday, and I was hooked ever since! One of my friends who lives in Irvine used to be a cast member so she got me in for free when I was in the area for work last year…she showed me where all the secret passages are…cool huh?
    I also have a friend who is a teacher so we always sign up to be chaperones for Grad Night…always fun to get hit on by a graduating high school kid, tell them you are a chaperone, and they run away in terror…haha!

And yeah you should get an annual pass…you live close enough for it to be worth it I think :)

Disneyland was my first cross country trip when I was 5 years old. Of course, that was 22 years ago so I don’t remember it. But the videos sure are funny! :-)

I do like going to Disney World. It sure is magical! But I hate the crowds.

12. Valeriekw says

How can you live in SoCal and NOT have Dland passes? If we lived within 600 miles I swear my husband would get us all passes. If we travel anywhere in California (and I mean anywhere!) he tries to tie in a trip to Dland. Sadly, we live in Spokane, WA so no passes for us – just annual trips. Congrats on the marathon!!

Oh, God, it looks like I’m the only on that is going to admit to this, but, I am not a Disney fan. Crowded, crying kids, expensive prices, long lines, etc… I know, I’m a downer. My future children will be told that Disneyland is only open to kids ages four and up and that you’re only allowed to go once a year or you’ll be locked in the Haunted Mansion. I do, however, for some weird reason love the Disneyland Half Marathon.

The first time I asked Ben if he wanted to go to Disneyland he said Walt Disney killed his father. Meaning, NO. He eventually came around, but I know some people don’t like it.

I love all of the above – all things Disney! I live in Orlando, so Disney World is a regular destination for us (get the Annual Pass, you won’t be sorry!!). I love Disneyland too. I trekked out there to do the Disneyland Half Marathon two years in a row. Loved it. I wish we had a California Adventure type park here. :P

The passes are more affordable than I thought. It doesn’t hurt to shell out the cash when you can pay about $70 up front and then $9 a month (per pass, interest free). I don’t use my pass enough since it’s only good on weekdays, I have to work and getting to Anaheim after work takes too long/isn’t worth the parking cost. I’ve only used it twice for Disneyland and California Adventures each time. It’s already paid for itself.

hahah, that photo is hilarious – the Disney worker obviously had been STRONGLY encouraged by his/her superiors to include that “Disneyland Hotel” sign in all photos…

17. Elizabeth says

I am beyond obsessed with Disney! I am actually moving there in a few months!! I worked for them during college as well! Growing up the only vacations we took were to Disney!!

LOVE Disney (I’ve only been to Disney World).
    My high school marching band went for a week every February to perform in the parades through the parks. It’s AMAZING to have that experience, first off, and it’s even more fun because we get to spend most of each day just hanging out in all of the parks! Best trips ever.

I love Disney! I’ve lived in FL all my life so luckily I’ve been a lot. I also go to school in orlando :) I want to go to the Cali one because California is so much better than Florida.

Jealous of your proximity to Downtown Disney and hangning out with Sarah!

Here’s some leverage in your annual pass debate: You can pay MONTHLY now. You pay for one day (like $70) then they divide up the rest into monthy payments so it’s like $15 a month or something like that. I tried to go once a month, then I’d be like “Oh you know I just went to Disneyland for $15″ It was amazing.

Mama Pea rocks!

I have been to DisneyLand twice, once when I was 12 and once when I was 17. My husband has never been and I really want to go with him sometime! Just can never seem to afford it. Such a fun place though.

Firstly, WTF guy in the Tigger suit. Very scary.

I have a Disneyworld pass. I live about 20 minutes away, so we go a lot. Sometimes just to eat. One of the few things I love about living in Florida.