A Big Hot Bowl of Oats

Happy Halloween!

you need to go out there and bring back at least another 18 dollars worth of candy A Big Hot Bowl of Oats

(nataliedee.com)

Despite the fact that I stayed up until 11:15pm last night finishing The Hunger Games, I woke up at 5am today ready to go. It still looked pitch black outside, but I couldn’t fall back asleep. I stalled a little then, put on my running clothes and decided to face the dark.

IMG 1852 800x600 thumb A Big Hot Bowl of Oats

But, have I mentioned that I’m scared of the dark?!

Yep. Totally scared.

My heart was racing the entire time (and it wasn’t because of the whole running thing). It didn’t help that the street lights on part of my route were off. And it’s Halloween. IMG 1853 800x600 thumb A Big Hot Bowl of Oats

After living in Panama’s warmth the last week I thought it was FREEZING here! I need to find my running gloves and ear covers. At least it will warm up in a bit – almost 80!

image thumb22 A Big Hot Bowl of Oats

All I could think of when I got back was a big hot bowl of food. Since hot soup for breakfast isn’t really my thing I opted for oatmeal.

IMG 1855 800x600 thumb A Big Hot Bowl of Oats

Pumpkin Oats with chia seeds, peanut butter and pumpkin butter. I added more pumpkin butter after the picture and it was perfection.IMG 1857 800x600 thumb A Big Hot Bowl of Oats

I will be organizing the Pile on the Miles spreadsheet and sharing it later today. image thumb23 A Big Hot Bowl of Oats

Question: Are you scared of anything?

If so, you can probably find the name for it at Phobialist.com

Comments

Of all the days to run in the dark, you pick Halloween…glad to hear you didn’t have any ghouls chasing after you!

I forgot that you live in California, so when I saw your weather forecast I got super confused…definitely not like the weather by me! Your low for tonight is only 2 degrees higher than my high for the day. Bah!

I used to hyperventilate when I saw spiders. The Boy going on frequent business trips means that I can now catch and release them on my own, but I am still terrified of them.

Target has some nice fleece ear wraps – I bought one a few weeks ago for five dollars.

I am totally scared of poison oak…I will literally cry like a baby if I touch it…it’s a legit fear though, because I am severely allergic…I always have to go get prednisone pills to make it go away….scary!

I have mild agoraphobia and social phobia. But mostly I’m afraid of being bitten by an animal. Snakes, rodents, etc. Anything gross, creepy and bitey.

First off, I love The Hunger Games. Are you a Gale or Peeta fan?

The pumpkin oats look so good. I keep hearing about chia seeds but I don’t know much about them. I’ll have to find them next time I go shopping.

*I am 100% scared of the dark for sure.

You would not have liked the “haunted halloween run” I did on Saturday night, then…

The dark doesn’t bother me, but if I’m going to run/walk in the dark, I prefer there to be lots of people around. I don’t like deserted streets day or night!

I just finished the Hunger Games a few weeks ago and just finished the second book in the trilogy. I have a love/hate relationship with them because as a parent, it totally bothers me that they make kids kill each other to survive. But I can’t stop reading them.

I’m so afraid of spiders. They terrify me and I as soon as I get close to them my body has a reactive response and just recoils. So gross.