November Goals

Despite the Halloween candy that lingers in my bowl, October is long gone and November is here…IMG 1896 800x533 thumb November Goals

And despite the fact that I know apples make me hungry, I chomped one again mid-morning. I can’t ignore the Honeycrisp’s siren song!

Luckily, I broke into lunch early and ate the top half of my sandwich…IMG 1899 800x533 thumb November Goals

With November here I’m making a few monthly goals to keep me motivated. I am very list motivated, so these little things help me wlEmoticon smile1 November Goalsdone and done November Goals

Plus, October was the craziest month of my life so I didn’t make any goals last month. I traveled a ton, ran a marathon and ate A LOT. Now I’m ready to refocus on balance and health!

November 2011 Goals:

1. Get ready for bed (brush my teeth!) when my 9pm alarm goes off.

2. Walk a mile every day. <- This will help combat extra holiday treats and stress!

3. Plan and enjoy a daily treat, but don’t eat it in addition to my normal snacks.

4. Sit and Plate before eating. NO standing and eating.

5. Do one tempo or speed session every week. I’m ready to get running again!

Question: Do you have November goals? What are they??

Comments

1. Liz says

Apples make me hungry too, I thought I was the only one! I’ve told people before and they look at me a little crooked.

Thanks for sharing your goals! My November goals are:

1. Run my third half marathon! I’m doing it this Sunday and I can’t wait.
    2. Don’t worry about time for my race.
    3. Do one speedwork session per week (we can do it!).

I can’t wait!

3. Tia says

This is a great idea, I need to do this tonight, hope my headache goes away so I can do some elliptical :(

I love those little cartoons, so funny!

I want your salad. Juicy tomatoes sound so amazing right now.

My biggest goal for November (and December too) is not to over-indulge and gain a bunch of weight. The holidays always freak me out a bit and I really don’t need to be eating everything under the sun, even though I want to. Two pieces of fudge, not 10. One sugar cookie, not 10. One slice of pie, not the entire thing. Oh, it’s going to be hard.

One of my big goals is continue strength training and to not snack at night. I really only have this (seemingly uncontrollable) issue when I’m PMSing- but seriously, it sets me right back where I started weight wise every .freakin. month. Le sigh.

Your posts always remind me to do this. Mine are:

1. Stop wasting energy disliking this one person I know when it’s going nowhere. She’ll always be around, so onward and upward!
    2. Lose 5 lbs. My winter pants will fit better and I’ll feel happier. Super realistic with Thanksgiving.
    3. Finish painting the house.

My goals are probably just to get back running consistently – although with your challenge and a DailyMile 50 miles before Halloween challenge – I hope it will motivate me to keep moving :-)

Your November goals at great! I love the 9 o’clock alarm idea and the walking one mile a day. I have to try that alarm thing!
    My goals are:
    1. Eat less sugar and focus on eating only when I’m hungry.
    2. Workout more – October was also a busy monto for me so I didn’t get to workout as much as I should have.
    3. Keep up with Pile on the Miles
    4. Get more sleep!

9. Angelle says

My November goal:
    1. Put down and walk away from the candy corn
    2. Stick with my running routine
    3. Stretch more/ Yoga at least 1 x per week.