Pile On the Miles Week One Winners

This morning Dole reps organized an easy yoga class in the Four Season’s art gallery for the bloggers. I’ve been saying I want to get back to yoga once a week for months! I’m hoping this will start my momentum back up to keep going!IMG 1887 800x600 thumb Pile On the Miles Week One Winners

Even though yoga in an art studio is foreign to me, the quiet setting was very peaceful and appropriate.IMG 1889 800x600 thumb Pile On the Miles Week One Winners

Then, we had breakfast, my favorite part of the day! Even though my stomach still feels a little weird I’m hungry like always.  IMG 2141 800x533 thumb Pile On the Miles Week One Winners

After breakfast we had a brief session on weight loss and stress management. It was great to be able to discuss ideas with fellow bloggers and Dole reps. We also touched on a few quirky gadgets for weight loss and if/how they actually work. (We’re checking out a muscle stimulator here.)IMG 2143 800x533 thumb Pile On the Miles Week One Winners

Before I had to check out I wanted to check out the hotel’s gym. I had heard great things about it from a co-worker who stayed here recently. They have complementary fitness classes, gatorade and all the machines are nice and new!IMG 2146 800x533 thumb Pile On the Miles Week One Winners

IMG 2152 533x800 thumb Pile On the Miles Week One WinnersIMG 2150 800x533 thumb Pile On the Miles Week One Winners

I bribed Tina to come with me with a piece of chocolate covered toffee. It’s good fuel for the treadmill…IMG 2148 800x533 thumb Pile On the Miles Week One Winners

We showed each other our signature gym moves. My move involves big balls…IMG 2158 800x533 thumb Pile On the Miles Week One Winners

Hers is a special jumping jack designed to keep your hands warm.IMG 2167 800x533 thumb Pile On the Miles Week One Winners

Sadly, I had to check out and drive back home. Westlake Village is about 80 miles from my house, but my mom’s is right in the middle of that journey so I stopped there.image thumb Pile On the Miles Week One Winners

It’s rainy and cold here out of no where too! I guess the weather is sad I’m leaving the lap of luxury?

IMG 1894 800x600 thumb Pile On the Miles Week One WinnersIMG 1899 800x600 thumb Pile On the Miles Week One Winners

Once at my mom’s I heated last nights leftovers and patted myself on the back for taking them home wlEmoticon smile5 Pile On the Miles Week One WinnersIMG 1900 800x600 thumb Pile On the Miles Week One Winners

Bailey and Roxy joined me for lunch, it didn’t make for the most intelligent meal time conversation but I love them.IMG 1904 800x600 thumb Pile On the Miles Week One Winners

I made a quick stop before I got here for a drink to go with lunch. Manager’s Specials are crazy today and I picked up these Van’s Waffle Sticks.IMG 1905 800x600 thumb Pile On the Miles Week One Winners

Unfortunately, they aren’t very good. They’re not sweet and still need syrup. I thought the whole point of chocolate waffles was to enjoy the sweet waffle sans the sticky stuff? IMG 1907 800x600 thumb Pile On the Miles Week One WinnersIt needed some toppings!wafflin waffle Pile On the Miles Week One Winners

Pile on the Miles 2011

I am AMAZED at how many people signed up and put in miles this week! I cannot believe over 600 people joined! Thank you all so much for participating.

The prize for this week is a week supply of Stoneyfield yogurt!image thumb1 Pile On the Miles Week One Winners

We have three winners this week:

Emily Swanson    fitnessfreakforChrist.wordpress.com

Aditi Naik    http://www.aspaceaditi.blogspot.com

Autumn Heinz

POTM Questions:

1. Do the miles that we run on Fridays after 8 am count? Since the spreadsheet has to be updated by 8am, they wouldn’t count for that day. But the next day starts on Saturday.

So, would the miles that I run this morning not count anywhere?

A. Any mileage that occurs after the Friday 8am deadline counts for the following week.

2. Can I count the miles I walk through out the day? I wear a pedometer and accumulate it as I go?

A: Yes! This is all about encouraging us to move so go for it!

3. The spreadsheet was locked?!

A. I am “un-sharing” the spreadsheet around 8am PST to draw the names. As soon as I’m done I will share it with everyone again. Today I was a little late on doing this because of travel.

Next week 3 people will win a $10.00 Subway gift card!subway sandwich thumb Pile On the Miles Week One Winners

Remember to walk or run 5 miles by Nov 11th and update the spreadsheet by 8am PST! You can check out the rest of the prizes and information on the Pile on the Miles post.

Question: If you could have lunch with any blogger who would it be?

I would be Pioneer Women so I could eat her food….

Comments

1. Jessica J. says

Ew, I could see why those waffles wouldn’t taste great; they sort of look like a dog biscuit shaped into a waffle. Bummer!

2. Jessica says

Congrats to the winners this week! Great job to everyone on the miles!

I haven’t tried the chocolate, but I’ve tried Van’s waffles before and just bleh. They’re kind of like crunchy-waffle-cardboard.

Off topic question, does the radar detector really alert you to cops? I drive too fast for my own good and have always wondered if I would get fewer speeding tickets if I had one.

Love the Pile on the Miles challenge. I think I was one of the dorks that send you a Pile on the Pounds email. Dorkus am I!

I have one and it has well paid for itself in tickets I would have surely gotten without it, I paid almost 800 for mine but it’s built right into the grill of my car and has a very small gadget that goes inside under my dash. It’s no more accurate that just the dash ones I just hate having things on my dash.

Congrats to the week’s winners, and thanks to you for doing the paperwork, too.

Looks like you had a good time at the Dole conference in spite of not feeling very well…. great that you got in a visit with your Mom and pooches on the way home.

Hope you feel better soon.

It’s a toss up with three bloggers for me. You’re Hella entertaining so I’d say either You, Skinny Runner or Bobbi from Nhershoes.

Now I need a waffle!

Thanks for answering my question, Monica! With two kids, I am short on time when I can squeeze my miles in so, I wanted to make sure they counted!

Congrats to all the first week winners! Keep up the good work everyone!

Yoga and running go hand in hand as far as I’m concerned. I try to go weekly, but I haven’t made it in a month (!). I’m definitely going tomorrow morning, though!

I think I am going to need to figure out a way to get celeb status at the Dole Institute. What a fab experience. Delicious food. Beautiful people and scenery. Massage & Fitness. awesome. And for you to live relatively close to it… sweet.

I’m kindda sad about the Piles on the Miles.. I emailed twice way before the deadline, but never heard from ya…. :( Hurts to feel ignored. But, I’m keeping track myself! Party of one!

Much too hard of a question. I’ll just lock up everyone I read in a room and make them eat a meal with me. Yes, that did come off stalker-ish. I swear I’m normal. Well I’m not “normal”, but I wouldn’t do that…. ;)

This is kind of random but our dogs names are “Roxy” and “Bali” (Bali was almost Bailey and we changed it when we “met” her). While the names in and of themselves aren’t unique I’ve never met anyone that had 2 dogs named the same…and one of ours is black and the other black and white (similar looking to your mom’s dog)!

Hope you are feeling better!

Thanks for the questions and answers. I have decided I must get up super early on Friday to make those miles count for the present week not the next. Could be good incentive and this challenge is great for helping me wrap my mind around coming off of an injury —- that in all reality still exists.

I don’t know which blogger I would pick to have lunch with. So many are so wonderful and I would love to meet and chat with any of them!

13. Josephine says

Somehow my miles got erased :(
    Not sure at what point this happened but when I logged in today they were all gone.
    I’ll be sure to track elsewhere as well from now on.