Running Song Repeat

Happy Wednesday!

If you follow me on twitter you might have seen that I spilled yogurt and granola everywhere last night wlEmoticon sadsmile2 Running Song Repeat It must be night time eating karma. Lesson learned for now. It is a big enough mess that Ben said we should just throw away the rug. Busted.IMG 2064 800x600 thumb Running Song Repeat

I planned on doing a longer run this  morning, but time got away from me and I cut it to 6 miles. The first three out were tough, I felt like I was going a lot faster than I was. It’s time to set some new goals and make a plan.IMG 2060 800x600 thumb Running Song Repeat

I ended up being a little warm in long sleeves and gloves – this weather is back and forth!IMG 2059 800x600 thumb Running Song Repeat

I was shaking when I got back from my run. Shaking with HUNGER or excitement for breakfast, one of those. Does that look like a ketchup “B”  to you? IMG 2067 800x600 thumb Running Song Repeat

Okay, I know I’m weird. Years of therapy have brought me to terms with it. But, does anyone else press repeat on their ipod when their favorite song comes on? More than once??

I listened to 50 Cent’s Put it Down on Me three times. Okay, maybe five wlEmoticon winkingsmile3 Running Song Repeat

I have to share this version because I get the biggest kick out of the fact that 50 did this…

Question: Press “repeat” on your ipod? More than once?

P.S. Send your Ask a Monican questions to me at runeatrepeat at gmail or leave them below!

pin it button Running Song Repeat

Comments

The nerd in me thinks the ketchup looks more like a “beta.” (I hang my head in shame)

I occasionally do the repeat on the ol’ ipod. Made in America on repeat during MCM. Holla!

It’s not uncommon for me to re-repeat a few times of my fave song. Especially if it has a great tempo and/or I didn’t feel I belted it out enough as I sang along (I really can’t sing).

I figured your cat would lick up the yogurt last night. party foul. Maybe its an excuse to hit up IKEA for a new run/ :D

I am a frequent ipod repeat offender. I am currently obsessed with the Glee version of Teenage Dream. I had it playing on my ipad while I was cleaning the other day. Its only two minutes long. I would run from the other room to press repeat… I won’t share the number of times it got played:)

I thought your ketchup looked like a heart.

I’m more of a song skipper when I put my iPod on shuffle. Maybe I need to do a song clean out! I am, however, currently really, really into the entire LMFAO album. I listen to it a lot.

Ask a Monican question: Do you have any running shoe recommendations for winter running? I went for a run yesterday and the trail was covered in leaves, pine needles and snow. It made for one slippery run! I do have a pair of yak trax but don’t like how they feel under my feet.

Thanks!

5. s says

lolll at ketchup beta. i kinda agree.
    i do the repeat thing a lot!! if a song has a good beat to run to i just listen to it over and over again, haha.

Ketchup B…lol! No, it really DOES look like a B…it’s the little things that get you by :)

I am definitely guilty of repeating songs…if I have a good one going with a tempo that matches my stride, I figure if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it, and just keep repeating the song…whatever works, right?

Yeah this weather is killin me too…it’s supposed to rain this weekend…not looking forward to trying to run it that!

Oh gosh, yes. Ever since Sunday, literally the only song I’ve been listening to has been Karmin’s cover of “Look At Me Now” (I even posted the video on my blog). Seriously, I’m obsessed, probably because the woman has insane rapping skills. Listen to it!

8. Crystal L. says

Yes, I press repeat all of the time!!

My repeat song is Lil Wayne’s Mrs. Officer. The perfect beat for my run. It gives me an extra boost.

Guilty. I don’t usually do it when I’m running, since I keep my ipod in a pocket and it’s hard to get to, but I do it all the time in the car…

Oh my gosh do I ever repeat my favorite song. Like ten times sometimes. Sometimes it is the only thing getting my across the finish line at a race. Though honestly I do this sitting at my desk at work too :). My current obsession is Foster the People’s song Pumped up Kicks.

I press repeat most often with Kanye and Jay-Z’s “N****s in Paris” and the Kanye remix of “Alors on Danse” – a french techno song. They’re both too good to only listen to once!

Today I ran and I don’t know whether it was your post that made me feel like it was okay to listen to the same song FIVE times or if I’d have done it anyways (probably two or maybe three, but thanks for making me feel normal!). The song? “Good Feeling” — http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OnnDqH6Wj8&ob=av2e I think you’ll be addicted. Next spin class I teach might be this song on repeat for an hour? Think my spinners will like it as much as me?!