7 Random Things About Me

Hey, how’d your Monday go?

Some days I am rushing to make dinner before an evening shift at work, but today I had all the time in the world so I roasted! Anyone else think roasting takes a long time? I need to plan days in advance if I’m going to roast something for a meal. If not I will put it in the oven and go eat something else while I’m waiting, then eat whatever was cooking. True.IMG 2393 800x533 thumb 7 Random Things About Me

Sarah from Blue Eyed Barbie nominated me for the “Tell Me About Yourself Award” I know, the name is so clever it blows my mind. Anyways, I am supposed to tell you 7 things about myself. This is going to be hard since I’m already an over-sharer. Lucky for you I’ll keep it clean (this time).tell me about yourself award blogger thumb 7 Random Things About Me

1. I am not very nostalgic about race stuff. Some people hold on to their race bibs. I washed and dried mine on accident and laughed about it. (I’m also not very smart.)IMG 2397 800x533 thumb 7 Random Things About Me

2. Ben refers to me as a Honey Badger on a weekly basis. I take this as a compliment.

3. I’ve had the same best friend since 1st grade. We have nothing in common, but she gets me vodka.cindy and monica thumb 7 Random Things About Me

4. I have a minor in Political Science and enjoy keeping up on politics. I also wish I could share my political beliefs here, but think too many people hear your view on one issue and judge.

All I know is I’m pro-cake…fourth of july cake thumb 7 Random Things About Me

5. I live to eat, not eat to live. I LOVE food. I LOVE eating. I used to hum to myself and dance when I got fed as a baby. Sometimes I still do actually…monica and cake thumb 7 Random Things About Me

6. I LOVE having inside jokes with my friends. It’s probably because I’m dedicated to fitness. Or maybe it’s because I’m not Paris Hilton and this isn’t Las Vegas… never-mind.image thumb9 7 Random Things About Me

7. One time I ate a whole pumpkin pie in 24 hours. That might be this 24 hours we’re currently living…IMG 2403 800x533 thumb 7 Random Things About Me

Now I’m supposed to pass this on to other bloggers – I’m inviting anyone who wants to play – Share 7 Things about yourself (here or on your site)!

Comments

I am interested in politics too. Andy is a political science major too. He has is masters degree in it. We never blogged about our views though. Definitely too many judgers out there.

I love inside jokes too :)

I also hold off, for the most part, on talking politics on my blog since I learned my lesson doing the same on FB (and thus, burning a bridge with a relative–although, it’s okay, I didn’t like her much to begin with anyway), plus, I try to live by the golden rule–if someone else’s opinion makes you mad, your opinion might do the same to them. BUT having said that, I’m not so naive to think that we can all think the same way, so I honestly don’t mind people talking politics anymore like I used to.

Don’t want to take up too much space on your comments section, so I may write 7 randoms about myself on my blog later on…:)

3. Ida says

I love politics, but can see not wanting to get into it on a blog.
    I am not a huge pie fan, but there is a shop near by that makes a pecan pie with duck fat that I really want to try. It sounds so gross and amazing all at once.

1. I once ran over a cat on my bike.
    2. I then laughed so hard I fell.
    3. The cat survived.
    4. Dairy is not my friend.
    5. I have am an early riser.
    6. Play with my hair and I’m likely to do just about anything for you. (Unfortunately my kids have caught on to this and use it to their advantage).
    7. I hate meat and was a full on vegetarian for 7 years.

runningtobeskinny.com

I wouldn’t have guessed you were into politics. Haha, not really sure why but that just gives me one more reason to be fascinated with you my dear.

Do not worry – I too have finished a pie in a 24 hour window :/
    7 things:
    1. I like to read your blog but do not always comment.
    2. I like to blog serious, random and fun things.
    3. I love to exercise/run. Strength training is a burn I like.
    4. I do not have a husband who shares the same enthusiasm regarding exercise. Do your husband share that with you?
    5. I love the summer we now have here.
    6 & 7: I like to read many blogs

7. Christy says

Ahhh roasting…it used to be a joy, but sadly has now become the bane of my existence. Since having my son I now roast most of the veggies I feed him, so I am doing this every couple of days. And yes, it takes FOREVER! And so much more planning. But knowing that I am serving him whole foods makes it all worth it. :)

8. Jazz says

I always microwave my squash to get it softish then throw it in the oven on broil to get roasty….. is that cheating?

So funny because this is what my post today was going to be about! Every week I always do a “seven things Tuesday” post and since I am not running right now, I was going to do seven things about myself. So you can check out my post later :)

I live to eat too. Food is just too good! And I’m not huge on the race bibs either. I actually trashed my Savannah one and Peter saw me throwing it away. His eyes bugged out and asked why I wasn’t saving it. I told him I have the shirt and the medal, why do I need the clutter of a stinking piece of paper. I’m with you!

Pumpkin Pie might be my most favorite food ever. And that’s a big deal, because I like many foods very much. But, if there is one in the house, it doesn’t last very long! It’s perfectly acceptable to have with every meal. Or for every meal…

In any case, you eat that pie!

Oh I love it! I live to eat as well. Food is such a passion of mine :) Also, I used to be nostalgic – but these days I rarely even keep clothes for longer than a season! My poor children wont have many hand me downs like my Mum used to give to me :) haha

13. Katie P says

My friend and I were just talking about how food and talking about food are our favorites things in life. Maybe if I could find something I love more I would lose those last 10 pounds. Such as life though!

My undergrad is in Poli Sci too. I blogged about it once when one of my favourite Canadian politicians passed away from cancer a couple of months ago (who has a favourite politician?!) because it was important for me, but I tend to stay away from talking about issues. In fact, I don’t really mention my degree to people in real life because I find I’m always expected to be an expert :)

okay my entire office things i’m crazy because I just snorted my coffee laughing so hard at the honey badger vid…good thing I regained consciousness enough to show them…now they are laughing too…”Honey Badger don’t give a $hit, he just smacks the F&ck outta that snake” so awesome!

I did my 7 thing a while back when I was tagged by Lindsay (lindsay’s list) so here’s the link, but now I wish mine was funnier!

I guess I’m late to the game, but where did the whole honey badger thing come from anyway?
    1. I’ve lived in the same town for 28+ years (minus one year I lived on campus in college, 20 mins from home :) )
    2. I’m a control freak. It isn’t pretty.
    3. I’ve had the same best friend since 8th grade, we met in home room.
    4. Sometimes I’m super awkward and make it 10x worse trying not to be. LOL. I did this last week when using a groupon.
    5. I love food and spend too many hours looking at food blogs/recipes/magazines each week…
    6. …yet, sometimes I can’t think of anything for dinner ;)
    7. I have a Liberal Arts degree – English Lit. Major, Psychology Minor…but a year before graduation, I was 2 semesters away being an Elementary Ed degree. I just could not go through with that!

I have the same roasting issues as you.. I mean, who really wants to wait 40 minutes for the veggies to be done when in that time you could have eaten a whole meal? or two? roasting takes serious planning around these parts ;)

18. Marcee says

Ha! Too fun Monica. LMAO.

Love all the grub. Especially, p-i-e. I always need pie. There are songs about pies.

Folks will think of the weirdest “7 Things” … mark my word.

P.S. Why does that bear have a banana caught in his zipper?

19. Lori says

I had the best laugh visualizing you humming and dancing while you eat. My mom told me that I used to scream between bites as a baby because I didn’t think she was shoveling it in fast enough. Unfortunately, I still have a bad habit of “hoovering” my food. Ah, well. It sure tastes good for the 1.2 seconds it’s in my mouth!

This is such a fun post! I am definitely going to take this idea and run with it for my next blog post. I know how you feel about the politics thing. Sometimes I would like to make a public service announcement or disclaimer that just because we don’t all agree on politics, religion or nutrition, doesn’t mean we can’t respect other views and be friends. And following that I’d freely express myself and be free from judgement, arguing and hurt feelings… sigh, in a perfect world.