Enjoy Life’s Journey

Hello from Healdsburg! Ben and I got in to town late last night. When we checked in at the hotel the front desk mentioned something about a Continental Breakfast. I automatically assumed that meant muffins and coffee.

But, this morning I was pleasantly surprised to find a full on spread of goodies! Ben made himself a egg and sausage biscuit sandwich while I headed straight to the waffle maker.IMG 2399 800x600 thumb Enjoy Life’s Journey

I have never made a successful waffle at home so I wasn’t sure how this would turn out. All I knew is I couldn’t cuss at the machine the way I do when my waffles fail at home, there were children present…IMG 2400 800x600 thumb Enjoy Life’s Journey

After three minutes the timer dinged and I got a perfect waffle!IMG 2401 800x600 thumb Enjoy Life’s Journey

I enjoyed it with syrup, PB and two hard boiled eggs. This is the best free hotel breakfast of my life wlEmoticon smile24 Enjoy Life’s JourneyIMG 2403 800x600 thumb Enjoy Life’s Journey

After food time we tried to take a walk, but were soon looking for cover when it started to rain. We bought an umbrella from the grocery store just in time for the rain to stop. Isn’t that life?IMG 2412 800x600 thumb Enjoy Life’s Journey

This tree wants you to know it’s red. Very red.

IMG 2410 600x800 thumb Enjoy Life’s Journey

I am really bad at enjoying life. (Wow, writing that sounds tragic.) But I am always worried about what I have to do tomorrow, family, earthquakes, paper cuts, money…

I rarely live in the moment and 100% enjoy what I’m doing NOW. This video really spoke to me and I wanted to share. I want to enjoy the journey. I want to sing and dance along the way. I want to enjoy today and not worry about what I need to do next.

Question: Do you enjoy your life right now, or are you trying to get somewhere else?

I think running has taught me to think about the end goal. I race to the finish line and never enjoy the miles as they go by. It’s kind of a metaphor for how I live my life, but I don’t want it to be. What am I rushing off to anyways?!

pin it button Enjoy Life’s Journey

Comments

1. Rebecca says

I know exactly how you feel, I spend a lot of time worrying. But unfortunately being a responsible adult involves a good amount of thinking about the future.

it’s so easy to think only about the future and not live in the moment … but it’s so easy to do the opposite as well. as dr. seuss says best “So be sure when you step, Step with care and great tact. And remember that life’s A Great Balancing Act. And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and ¾ percent guaranteed) Kid, you’ll move mountains.” (oh the places you’ll go) – yes, i have this entire book memorized …

balance in all things. hope your trip is rockin’!

i hate life, i never enjoy it.

actually im thankful that one of the qualities i didnt get with my sparkling personality is anxiety/worry/stress. im too laid for my own good… “oh, you want to key my car and rob me? thats chill, wanna get some coffee before you steal my purse?”

Those waffles look so freakin’ good.

I think enjoying life is hard to do when there are so many other pressures to think about. When you need it though, it is worth it to make yourself sit down and people watch or go for a hike and look at your surroundings. I’m trying to be patient and enjoy life right now even knowing that in a few months, everything will be completely changed! Patience, little one.

I agree, I find myself thinking about the goal to often and forgetting to enjoy the moments as we’re in them. Something to work on, another goal lol

Waffles look YUM!

I wish I could say no, but I can’t. I totally have anxiety, always have. Not to the point where I can’t function and let it take over my life but it’s always something I have to keep in check. Hence the name of my blog…running to be skinny (but mostly sane). I have to exercise and eat right, if I eat too much sugar/carbs, and don’t get out enough it gets bad. It can also be good though because I care about things and have always been motivated to do better and improve myself. I just have to be care not to take myself TOO seriously. :) Whew, did you get all that?? :) Jessica

Runningtobeskinny.com

I enjoy life as it is now. Seven years ago, I spent a year battling cancer. Eleven months of pure hell. During that time, I made friends with a lot of other patients. Needless to say, we did not all make it through treatment. Taught me one important lesson : There will not always be a tomorrow. Enjoy what you have now.

I am probably the worst when it comes to the “ignore today, focus on tomorrow” thing. I am always looking towards the next big step in life, and I really have a very hard time enjoying day-to-day life. I keep thinking I will feel fulfilled when I get to that next goal, but I end up just making more goals. It is something I really need to work on!

9. Beth says

My husband and I have reversed roles than most relationships. He’s the worrier, and I am go with the flow and enjoy. When he’s worrying about the tiniest little thing, he needs me to tell him it’s not important and to move on. When I need a match lit under my butt to realize something is important enough to worry about, he’ll light the match. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not lazy, nor do I have problems setting/meeting goals, I just don’t worry about what journey I take to get to that goal, as long as I get there in some way, shape, or form.

If you ever need someone to tell you what you’re worrying about is insignificant, holler at me, I’m good at creating distractions from worry. :-)