Tempoop Tuesday

Hello! I woke up at 4:30am this morning because I was a little nervous about boot camp today. I’m slowly starting to take over the group and was in charge of a 15 minute dynamic warm up. I’m okay working with a group because I used to coach cheerleading, but I could yell at them so it was easier wlEmoticon winkingsmile4 Tempoop Tuesday

Okay, not exactly but I was nervous! I made coffee to take with me but I don’t have a travel mug?!?! What a bust.

By the time I got home I had been awake too long to wait until after my run to eat. I made an egg scramble and toast (unpictured naner with PB).IMG 3072 800x600 thumb Tempoop Tuesday

And a big side of hot coffee to warm my cold heart bones. IMG 3071 800x600 thumb Tempoop Tuesday

I let the food settle for 30 minutes and went for a tempo run. IMG 3073 800x600 thumb Tempoop Tuesday

My goal was 1 mile warm up/cool down and 4 miles of tempo at a sub 8 minute pace. Well, that was a very very ambitious goal and I averaged 8:37 for the whole thing. I’ll take it, but I need to keep working.

• Mile 1: 8:56
  • Mile 2: 8:29
  • Mile 3: 8:40 (walk break here – the way out is uphill a bit)
  • Mile 4: 8:10
  • Mile 5: 8:19
  • Mile 6: 9:05
IMG 3074 800x600 thumb Tempoop Tuesday

poop free since 2003 Tempoop Tuesday

During my cool down mile I suddenly had to go to the bathroom. I can’t decide if it’s better to stop and walk (less upsetting to your stomach) OR run home faster (get to the restroom!).

Thoughts?

pin it button Tempoop Tuesday

Comments

I usually run. FAST. when I have that problem!! Lol. You’re going to teach boot camp? That sounds fun. I felt like I was doing that when I got roped into teaching high school P.E. for a year!! I had my whistle and I used it LIBERALLY!

2. Lindsay @ Running the Windy City says

Hah I always run home when that happens. Even if it feels worse at the time, I know I’ll get home sooner than if I walked!

This has happened to me many times. I have learned that I have to leave at least an hour and a half between my meal and my run or i’ll be in big trouble. I usually have to stop and walk. I always make sure I know where the porta potties are for after races lol

I ALWAYS keep running, but slower. This doesn’t seem to happen to me as much any more, but back when I started running I dreaded tempo runs because I felt the absolute worst after every one. Not a good feeling!

No thoughts, but that Natalie Dee is my fave. My hubs and I actually yell it out when we are done in the bathroom to each other (yea, we live alone, and we’re not right). Thanks for the poo humor!

OH MAN! I hear about this all the time. I am not an avid runner just yet so I haven’t experienced that… maybe number 1 but I think that is a little less embarrassing. I think I would just try to walk slowly.

Wow more power to you if you can run fast to your potty… Soon as my rumblies start, I can hardly take one more step for fear of explosion. Squeeze dem cheeks girl!

8. Kary says

Yeah, I was going to comment about running a tempo run so soon after eating. I’d be needing a bathroom a lot sooner. As far as the decision to make, it would depend, but I think I’d walk until I found the quickest bathroom. Running tends to speed up the process!

I can totally relate to the 4:30 time. I have to get up at 4:00 to teach a 5:00 bootcamp class. Got to love those early risers!

I have this problem all the time. I honestly wish I didn’t. Even on an empty stomach in the morning. So I have learned to make adjustments – run on a path that has restrooms or a loop that bypasses my house. However, sometimes i just have to find a bush (so i often carry tissue in my pocket too). Yes, gross, but unfortunately a reality.

I never really know what to do in that situation! Running faster makes in hurt more, but slowing down makes the bathroom that much further away. It’s such a toss up!

I have to do a tempo run tomorrow. Yeah! :-P

I typically have to walk, but run as fast and as much as I can. Ugh!! I’ve made sweat soaked pit stops at gas station and fast food places before in emergency situations. At least I’m so relieved I didn’t poop myself, I could care less about the weird looks!

I’d definitely run home faster, but that’s because there are no “good” places to stop where I run.

8:37 is a great pace to hold for 4 miles. Can’t wait to get back to full on training. I never did speed workouts, but think I need to if I’m going to get faster. Bummer.

13. Christi says

I end up finding a spot that I can hide behind the baby jogger and poop. Ugh, thank god my son is only 7 months old and hopefully won’t remember it.

Luckily, I’ve only experienced this phenomenon once. I had to alternate fast walking and shuffling for the last 1/3 of a mile! I thought about calling home to “reserve” the bathroom but figured that was silly. It was less silly when I got home to an occupied bathroom. I paced for 4 long minutes, next time I’ll call!