Rock N Roll Las Vegas Tech Shirt

I went to boot camp this morning and followed it with an easy 3 miles. It was super cold so I can’t tell if my legs were stiff from that or from being tired?

When I got home I made a big batch of pancakes in an effort to finish off the pumpkin. They have chia seeds, pumpkin butter, PB and jelly. So good.IMG 3115 800x600 thumb Rock N Roll Las Vegas Tech Shirt

It was 42 degrees this morning, which is very cold to me! I put on layers thinking I would peel them off during camp, but kept them all on except my beanie.IMG 3104 800x600 thumb Rock N Roll Las Vegas Tech Shirt

It’s too cold to take off clothes and shower…IMG 3107 800x600 thumb Rock N Roll Las Vegas Tech Shirt

But, I’ll take one for the team because I want to show you my newest race shirt. IMG 3109 800x600 thumb Rock N Roll Las Vegas Tech ShirtHere is the 2011 Rock N’ Roll Las Vegas Half Marathon tee. The one good thing about spending $150 dollars to run on a public street is the free t-shirt wlEmoticon winkingsmile5 Rock N Roll Las Vegas Tech ShirtIMG 3112 800x600 thumb Rock N Roll Las Vegas Tech Shirt

RnR is good about providing women specific sizing. I don’t like that this shirt is black though. This isn’t good for visibility and it gets too hot in the summer!IMG 3113 800x600 thumb Rock N Roll Las Vegas Tech Shirt

Here is last year’s Las Vegas Marathon shirt.las vegas rock n roll half shirt thumb Rock N Roll Las Vegas Tech Shirt

Here’s this year’s medal. I just realized I never really got a good look at it as it’s been in the bottom of my purse until just now. This is why I can’t have nice things.IMG 3119 800x600 thumb Rock N Roll Las Vegas Tech Shirt

I LOVE my race tech tees and have joked that’s the reason I run! I have a big collection now and think the latest Long Beach shirt is actually my favorite!

IMG 0317 600x800 thumb Rock N Roll Las Vegas Tech Shirt

Question: How many layers should a cake have?

I vote 3

pin it button Rock N Roll Las Vegas Tech Shirt

Comments

Haven’t had any “great” tech shirts to rave about, guess it’s more of a reason to do more races?! My momma always made us a 2-layer yellow cake with chocolate frosting for our birthday’s but I think 3-layer cakes are my fave [MORE ICING, woo] :D

It’s not the quantity, but the quality of the layers. I love race shirts, too! Especially when they are long sleeves. As a matter of fact, there is a race this weekend with a long sleeve shirt and I want to sign up just for the shirt (registration is only $25), then not run. But I wouldn’t really do that….or would I?

I loved the LV tech t-shirt too. I haven’t had a chance to wear it yet since it’s been so cold. My last RnR shirt was a men’s medium (they didn’t have a women’s version) and it was ginormous. So glad LV did the women’s version. Much more flattering.

If you do right, one layer is all you need…for cake.

I have never paid more than $30 for a race, but then again, I’m only knocking around 5ks, so I don’t know if I would ever be able to justify $150. So if I take $150 off of the price of my treadmill for every 13.1 miles I’ve run on it, I am only in the hole $500, with 3.34 half marathons to go.

I agree with your 3 sentiment on the cake layers.

I like your T but also agree with you on it getting too hot in the summer. I don’t have any tech T’s from races! My mom always opts for them though since she’s a more serious runner.

6. Emily says

I read your blog regularly and love it! I started making pumpkin pancakes a month ago and they are so good. I wanted you to know that a couple days ago I put peanut butter on my pumpkin pancakes for the first time and it was AMAZING! Like, maybe the best thing I’ve ever tasted. I had no idea it would be that good. Favorite breakfast ever. Thanks for all the great food suggestions!

It’s nice that you got a women’s sized shirt at Vegas, but I would not say RnR does a nice job with women’s sizing. I ran the Philly RnR half in 2010 and 2011 and got a unisex shirt both times. Even the XS is too big for 5’2″ me. I should have just ordered a M and given it to my husband.

I think a cake should have as many layers as possible before it topples over. I like the cute thin layers of everything, too.

I wish all races would have women size shirts. More flattering so you can wear them out without looking frumpy.

I am from Marysville, Ohio. This place is super super small. However I have seen your long beach tec tee on here a time or two before. Well the other day I was at the gym and this women had the tee on! I almost ran up to her and was like I read this blog and this girl I know (no I don’t know but it feels like I do! Creeper I am!) runs in that one yearly (I think:) and then I replayed it in my head and she probably would have thought I was crazy or something! But it was so weird seeing that tec tee on someone from Ohio, knowing that I read a blog from some one in Cali! Random I know!

10. Denise says

Yep the Vegas shirt makes too black RnR shirts for me now. I did the half relay in San Diego this year and RnR only had unisex tees there – I walked up to the table and the guy was like trust me you want an XS. The neck on that thing chokes me so I don’t wear it very often. I’ll wear them in the basement gym at work – to try and look cool amongst all the other hardcore athletes here. :)

My favorite race tee is the one I got this year from my first triathlon in Pasadena. It is a light grey tech tee and soooo very soft. I live in that thing. I hope I get a similar one in 2012 cause I’ll be trying out my first duathlon there.