Rainy Boot Camp

Last night I had my race day victory dance at Yogurtland. It doesn’t matter if I win, lose, fall, fail, PR, quit or barf – I eat fro-yo on race day.IMG 3338 800x600 thumb Rainy Boot Camp

Yogurtland is doing a fun 12 days of Christmas promotion with a different featured flavor everyday! Yesterday they had White Chocolate Macadamia Nut cookie. Today is the last day (hello, Dec. 12). But, I’m very sad to see I missed Egg Nog  and Cinnamon GrahamwlEmoticon sadsmile2 Rainy Boot Camp Today’s flavor is Chocolate Mint Cookies.image thumb7 Rainy Boot Camp

This morning I woke up bright and early for my first boot camp that I taught solo! I was nervous, but I had the workout all planned and ready. As I went to turn the music on it started to rain. WHAT? I didn’t even realize that was in the forecast. Major fail.IMG 3348 800x600 thumb Rainy Boot Camp

Then, only 2 ladies showed up (because we don’t do rain in SoCal). So, I had to utilize the space under the roof area and improvise (normally we’re on the black top at a school). It ended up okay since there was only 3 of us it was plenty of room. But, I need to plan a rainy day workout for next time!

IMG 3352 800x600 thumb Rainy Boot Camp

I’m just filling in for the instructor on vacation this week. I take over my own boot camp in January so please email me if you’re in the Irvine area and want more information. This camp is ladies of all levels so you don’t have to be fit or a runner to join wlEmoticon smile13 Rainy Boot Camp (They had me take a pic in black tank for the website.)IMG 3296 800x600 thumb Rainy Boot Camp

After camp I had PB&J toast before taking a walk with Ben.

The day after long runs or races I’m usually hungrier than normal so I also snacked on blackberries and a PB topped banana while making an open faced beggel sandwich wlEmoticon winkingsmile8 Rainy Boot CampIMG 3356 800x600 thumb Rainy Boot Camp

Monday Mini-Goals for 12/12/2011:

1. Stick to workout plan (see below)

2. Healthy snacks between meals (too many cookies lately!)

3. Start Christmas shopping!

4. Clean out email

Workout plan for the week:

• Monday: Yoga
  • Tuesday: Tempo run
  • Wednesday: Mid-distance
  • Thursday: Strength, abs
  • Friday: 3 with 1 fast
  • Saturday: LR
  • Sunday: Rest

Question: What are your goals for the week?

pin it button Rainy Boot Camp

Comments

Oooo. I wouldn’t be a fan of the rain either! My goal is definitely to eat as healthy as I can this week. A little pre-emptive last strike before the holidays. I have my free personal training session on thursday. And I want to pass my Praxis test to teach general elementary next week. I’ve taught music/P.E. for the past 3 years, but I’m thinking of switching to general ed so I need this test!!!

Since I plan on starting my marathon training in January, I’m focused on just getting normal errands done–cleaning my house for houseguests, desperately finishing Xmas shopping, and just making sure I’m at the right place at the right time somewhere along the way!

The theme of my goals this week is to stop procrastinating, i.e, blog when I’m thinking of it, finish & print my half training plan, Christmas shop, decorate…
    I haven’t even started my Christmas cookie eating yet! I’m baking about a million dozen on Saturday at my Dad’s…so at least that will limit it to one week of cookie grazing. I’m not a huge dessert person, but cookies are my favorite!

Haha thats funny that only 2 people showed up. Come on, it’s called Bootcamp!! ;)

I wish I could come, your bootcamp sounds fun. I did a couple in Melbourne and it was the first time ever I saw muscles in my triceps!! (sadly, they have long gone!)

Goals for the week… not eat too much junk food? oops. :)

My goal is to try and be less stressed. I tend to get really overwhelmed during the holidays. My other goal is to run outside at some point this week. It’s been in the 40′s here for a high so I’ve been sticking to the treadmill for a couple of weeks now. I think I just need to bundle up and get out there!

Can we go back to december 3!? I’d eat BROWNIE BATTER in a second. It takes a lot to get me away from chocolate…

Goals for this week for me include:
    1) study for finals
    2) finish grad school application
    3) only eat sitting down (so far…fail. so many nibbles :( !)
    4) eat birthday cake!

7. Lorin says

I literally just came back from a run about 45 minutes ago. I was in the perfect window because before it started it was raining and now it’s a pretty big downpour. We definitely don’t do rain in SD.

Good news, eggnog flavor had a funky after taste so you didn’t miss much. I missed cinnamon graham too, but I definitely plan on making tonight happen! Mint chocolate is my fav for fro yo!